FIND AND BLOCK VPN IPS

Because as a rule you're only allowed 3 accounts per household and 1 house per account I'm sure there are many people who would use a vpn to have more than 3 houses. I suggest the admins search and find all VPN IPs and block them from connecting, forcing people to only have 3 accounts.

There are many services online that block VPNs such as HULU for instance. If we block VPN's then I bet a bunch of people will lose their 4th - 9th house plots.

Last edited by a moderator:

DocOp

Adept
If people have that kind of commitment my hat is off to them. If they trouble themselves to take it that far and have so much gold that they can have 9 houses, let em be

If people have that kind of commitment my hat is off to them. If they trouble themselves to take it that far and have so much gold that they can have 9 houses, let em be

But its against the rules and it hurts new players who may wish to place a large house but don't necessarily have the 2mil extortion fee

The foreign players don't need vpns for ping issues. They'll have high latency no matter what they do. As long as the max ping on the server isnt below 500 then everyone can still connect.

I play DayZ on a european server and get a max of 140 ping anyways

Otherwise there's no solution and we all should get vpns and have 15 houses...

Weland

Grandmaster
So I should be blocked because I work in Italy but want to be able to use Netflix over your pixel lust? Even without a VPN I could have multiple accounts if I wanted because my IP changes. So I'm not totally sure this is a real fix.

Violence

Grandmaster
Max of 140 ping you say? So, half of my current ping to UOF...

You know what really hurts new players from coming to play here? Having a god awful shitty connection to UOF.

Ban abusers of VPNs, not VPNs themselves.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Yea lets block all australians and Asian's so this guy can save a few gold on a 18 by 18 get a grip.

Ban abusers it cant be hard to work out whats what if staff really see it as a issue i doubt its as wide spread as you think.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Shane is constantly saying they will be doing something about this and empty plots. There is clearly abuse of some sort going on it's just how to go about it.

Weland

Grandmaster
Only way I could really see them doing this is if they had a way to monitor open sessions with the server. This way they could see X mac address has 3+ open sessions with the server. That would only work though if they were stupid enough to log on to more than 3 accounts at a time though. It is a pickle. I just don't think punishing legit users that aren't in the US who have to use a VPN for other things than UO isn't the right answer either.

gangbang

Adept
Fuxk all foreigners that threaten this server and my Country USA USA USA USA

Ps malkraven is a * and violence is an aboriginal Duche .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n8m8

Journeyman
lol... a crafter from USA is worried about people having too many houses. 300+ ping without VPN sounds so fun. OP has no idea what he is talking about.

Last edited by a moderator: