Fire Horns

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
0 to 200 gp. I used to have some on my vendors but no one wanted them.

They r not rares, doesn't do much damages and breaks easily...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
I didn't check the calc on UO stats. I tested it last year on two orge lords inside ice dungeon with my Provo archer. Definitely slayer bow killed them faster than fire horn. You should try and see if it fits your play style but it is not a popular weapon and definitely not a top seller on my vendors

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
I didn't check the calc on UO stats. I tested it last year on two orge lords inside ice dungeon with my Provo archer. Definitely slayer bow killed them faster than fire horn. You should try and see if it fits your play style but it is not a popular weapon and definitely not a top seller on my vendors

I was gonna make a fight/bard uoforever. Since you can use the horn along side your music and weapon I thought it might be a neat idea; never made a bard at all before and it sounded nice.

Here's the calc:

http://uo.stratics.com/content/basics/firehorn.php

Mind seeing if this reflects your experience? The horn gets the most bonus from discord+provo

Seems peace making isn't the best bet for blasting people apart with fire. :rolleyes:

I have found one before but everyone told me they are useless.

would be interesting to see this area of the game expanded upon, adding different instrument weapons, maybe some with beefed up debuffs vs the spells themselves.

and i guess less prone to breaking.

shit also AOE party buffs??????? (think army units having a bugler/drummer/standard bearer)

this sounds fucking cool if it could happen and not fuck balancing.

I would definitely make a skald character

halygon

Grandmaster
I assume the dmg calc on UO stats isn't accurate then?
@Blair @eppy and I played around with these not long ago. The damage calculations are era accurate. The kicker is that you really need all of the bard skills to do any real damage and by the time you do that, your fighting character is nerfed too much for the firehorn damage to really help out.

Does the fire horn break easily?

They break, just not too often. I don't think in my testing any of mine broke.

Also keep in mind that firehorns are AOE, so its easy to turn grey.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
With 100 music + 120 provo + 120 Discord = 45~55 dmg in PvP

I know it's not the best idea, but war mace crushing + fire horn is worth playing around with. :p

halygon

Grandmaster
With 100 music + 120 provo + 120 Discord = 45~55 dmg in PvP

I know it's not the best idea, but war mace crushing + fire horn is worth playing around with. :p
Well, lets play that out.

Assuming damage is 45-55 (I believe its lower tbh), your build would have to look like this:

100 Macing
100 Tactics
90 Anatomy
90 Healing
100 Music
120 Provo
120 Discord

So no Resist or Magery. Plus you have gimped healing and anatomy. The template basically has no sustainability. It's a one-hit wonder.

You have full macing damage and vs a single target you get your 45-55 firehorn damage. Might work out well vs another dexxor as long as they don't have a deadly poisoned weapon.

Vs a Mage on their first mage dump, you are going to be scrambling to get away because you have to wait on your bandy and all you can do is drink a 25hp gheal pot. If you stay on the same screen, you have to be ready to take on their next dump, which you cannot do unless they are so slow as to let your bandy go through. The plus is if you are near spawn, you could provo the spawn on them. So you drop your firehorn damage on them and run to heal. They miniheal + gheal pot and are at full health, you are at 1/3 (remember no resist? That's a +25% damage increase to their spells).

If you have a friend, they could keep you healed as you output damage, but solo would be out of the question vs most pvpers.

Also vs multiple targets, your damage is spread out, so you no longer get full power firehorn damage.

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
I use these every once in a while on my 120 provo/peacer. While they do help a little, they break pretty easily and use ash so I never pay that much attention to them

TheFallen

Grandmaster
they break in <5 shots thats the prob. the 45-55 dmg for 440 invested skill points is correct but ya gl making that template work.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Wait.... so I get yelled at for playing UO spread-sheet style, but it's okay when you guys do it? :rolleyes:

I said I know it's not the best, but it would be fun; you're arguing a dead point.

halygon

Grandmaster
Wait.... so I get yelled at for playing UO spread-sheet style, but it's okay when you guys do it? :rolleyes:

I said I know it's not the best, but it would be fun; you're arguing a dead point.
You're right, part of the fun is trying out crazy templates. If you are wanting to make it work, go for it and make some vids to show us your firehorn antics.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
You're right, part of the fun is trying out crazy templates. If you are wanting to make it work, go for it and make some vids to show us your firehorn antics.
Can you guys double check the crumble chance as I tested 4 in a row and now made it past the 4th shot. Possible just bad luck but that would be like a .000000256% chance.

I have found one before but everyone told me they are useless.

would be interesting to see this area of the game expanded upon, adding different instrument weapons, maybe some with beefed up debuffs vs the spells themselves.

and i guess less prone to breaking.

shit also AOE party buffs??????? (think army units having a bugler/drummer/standard bearer)

this sounds fucking cool if it could happen and not fuck balancing.

I would definitely make a skald character

expanding on this-

make special insturments tied to less skills to make them more viable?

possible tied to music only, and scale the damage/buff/debuff power differently.

If thats done then you could definitely open up more templates using music instead of alchy/poison/inscription on dexers, and alchy/scribe/healing on mages. more combos if you drop magery on a dexer or drop wrestling on a mage.

in a perfect world where the instruments are only tied to music these are the templates i imagine:

dexer

100 music
100 weapon
100 tactics
100 anatomy
100 healing
100 magery
100 resist

drop magery for alchy or scribe or poison

mage

100 music
100 magery
100 eval
100 med
100 resist
100 wrestling
100 anatomy

drop wrestling to trade out stun punch for alchy or scribe or healing

definitely more teamfight oriented on both dex and mage counts

i should probably just make a suggestion thread

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster

Assuming my laptop doesn't explode from recording I just might. Any thoughts on making fire horns drop more, have them be craftable, or have unbreakable ones be purchasable for plat coins?

Also...

BLOOD FOR ODIN!!!