Fishing Template

halv

Grandmaster
I got three fisherman on a boat. A meta mage, a meta zerker and a bard.

The Captain (Meta Mage):
Fishing 120
Tracking 100
Magery 100
Meditation 100
Evaluate Int 100
Resisting Spells 100
Spirit Speak 100
He is using Snake Bane or Water Dis slayer spellbooks depending on mission.

The mate (Zerker):
Fishing 120
Archery 100
Tactics 100
Healing 100
Anatomy 100
Magery 100
Resisting Spells 100
He is using Snake Bane or Water Dis slayer bows depending on mission and is crosshealing his comrades.

The Deckhand (Bard)
Fishing 120
Archery 100
Tactics 100
Magery 100
Meditation 80
Musicanship 100
Provocation 120

He is the most vulnerable one. Cross healing from the mate is very important at WPs and mibs.

If i play alone i play the Mage and let the macro run the zerker and deck hand.

Tydeus

Master
Provo Tamer
120 Animal Lore
120 Animal Taming
100 Magery
70 Meditation
100 Musicianship
115 Provocation
95 Veterinary

This char parks max golden relic meta steed and golden meta dragon near the SoS mob spawn points and goes to back of boat (pets take aggro).

Macro includes: detect grey monsters, all kill if found. self-heal routine (detect hp damage/poison and fix it). greater heal steed every 10 or so seconds

Item ID/Organizer
20 Inscription
100 Item ID
100 Lockpicking
100 Magery
100 Meditation
100 Resisting Spells
100 Tracking
100 Wrestling

This char sits at home near dozens of containers, auto-sorting (organizer agents) SoS chests. When there's nothing to sort I use item ID and place what I want kept into an armor and weapon bag, and the rest I sell. She recalls to the boat to gather chests into a pack beetle. Lockpicking is for ancient SoS chests. Med, resist, wrestling is for extra survivability in rare instances. Since she's on the boat sometimes, tracking for extra measure. Spider tamer with grapple hook on standby on same account when I detect other boats. For WPs, I use the extra spider tamer.

Provo Fisher
120 Fishing
100 Magery
100 Musicianship
110 Provocation
90 Resisting Spells
100 Tracking
100 Wrestling

The guy with the valuable SoS bag. Some defense skills for extra survivability.

Macro includes: detect unknown players, recall home if found. Scan the horizons. Detect "you pull up a heavy chest" msg, if found, recall home and drop SoS bag into a backpack at doorsteps, then recall back to ship. Once back, target grey monsters, type 16 (water elemental) or random grey if not found. Once new target is found, provo onto the golden relic meta steed. Finally, self-heal routine check. Macro also walks him out of mob aggro reach.

I found the bottleneck lies with chest sorting, item ID, and NPC selling, making bent rods unnecessary in the long run. They're only good when first starting the sea journey to kick start the chest sorting without pause.

I am basically using item ID and doing NPC selling the whole time while fishing up chests and going to new locations. Some get all their chars geared up but have nobody to sort through the chests while getting them, causing a huge waste of time near the end of their fishing trip when they have to open lots of chests and sort through them. (They could've done this while fishing up the chests for max gold per hour.) Last I recall, it was about 150k/hr, but not near as good compared to level 6 maps with two tamers (extra portal frags, skill scrolls, paragon chests, MoTM spawns, and balron + AW resources [regs, hides, scales]).

I haven't been on the seas since I created a better t-mapping setup. If deep water elementals started dropping level 6 maps in paragon chests, I might have reason to try again.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Sea invasions are big bucks waiting to happen. Going out and about will lead you to more of those I would imagine.

I'm sure RiS get a lot of them they seem to be at every one I have found (from land cause I don't do boat stuff anymore either) so you'll probably have to contend with them.

Also my sample size for the above statement is two lol.

wkstrm

Master
I found this setupt to be really nice for me!

First I have a provo dexxer, with a vanq weapon.

100 tactics
100 fencing
100 anatomy
100 healing
100 hiding
100 musicanship
100 provocation

Second I have an Archer with a slayer bow.

not even GM tactics or archery
100 hiding
100 anatomy
100 healing
then I honestly don't know what more skills he has

Then I have the 3rd character who is the treasure hunter/Fisher

100 magery
100 hiding
100 cartography
100 fishing
100 tailoring
95.x lockpicking
75ish mining
30-35 meditation

then I actually play the game, and sometimes my fencer dies, then my crappy Archer is in some real shit but he has so far not died.
my Fisher does hold the bag of MiBs and gates out the chests when the elementals are dead. I use to have my runebok open so I just need to click on the location I want to recall too if a "situation" would occur.

I only use the razor organizier agents when it's time to sort the chests. then I ID everything manually again.

PS: Why does my browser capitalize certain letters/Words?