Fix Archer or make pots unthrowable while moving.

Streets

Grandmaster
This thread went from peacefull arguing to violent banter and now we're almost ready for make-up sex? WTF?!?!?!

https://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-stages-of-loss-and-grief/

Yup looks like we went though it the normal way lol.

The 5 stages of grief and loss are: 1. Denial and isolation; 2. Anger; 3. Bargaining; 4. Depression; 5. Acceptance. People who are grieving do not necessarily go through the stages in the same order or experience all of them.

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
I've never been a fan of purple pots but I have learned to accept that they are here to stay. That being said...I don't think archery should also include the ability to toss purple potions. I do think archery should get some lubbing in the pvp department but am just unsure on what exactly it needs in order to balance it better.
A higher percentage of hit's would go a long way to allow a pvper the option to be an archer (or perhaps even allow the provo archer the chance to defend himself vs a pk) It's crazy what a heavily armored dp kat w/ purple pots template can stand against 3-4 archers fairly easily.

Streets

Grandmaster
So I made a pot chucker on an alt and you got to be kidding justifying this! Normal purple pots do 10-12 damage. This uses no skill points base. With 100 alchemy your doing 25+ damage! Non resistable not able to mitigate this by armor!?

You are putting 100 skill points into a skill (alchemy) and doubling your damage. Does eval int double mage damage? Does tactics and/or anatomy double weapon damage? Not even combined. 300 skill points (weapon skill tactics anatomy) and you still don't double your augment. Maybe, at the very least, armor should have a resistance to pots. I mean your taking a dex loss for wearing the heavy stuff.

Not that your argument is good anyway, but no, alchemy doesn't double explosion potion damage, and yes, tactics and eval DO more than double your damage. I think tactics alone triples your damage.

Explosion potions deal 10-15 damage without alchemy, which is 12.5 average damage. With GM alchemy, they deal 20-25, which is 22.5 average damage. That's an 80% increase.

Last edited:

Streets

Grandmaster
My sample was not large enough then I was getting far better averages then that. Then you can also stun a player run up drop a pot on the ground, arm pot, cast spell, throw pot 1 tile away from one on the ground. It bows up both so 50 pot damage lol

Streets

Grandmaster
Steps to success:

Disarm weapon.
Arm pot.
Arm weapon.
Throw.
Quit fucking crying.

The problem is if an Archer disarms and has no wrestling you are pretty much garenteed to be hit. Where as a dexer keeps his defenses because they don't unequip.

Secondly (will have to double-check) you can't throw pot with bow equiped either so not just a matter of a quick unequip.

drasked

Grandmaster
The problem is if an Archer disarms and has no wrestling you are pretty much garenteed to be hit. Where as a dexer keeps his defenses because they don't unequip.

Secondly (will have to double-check) you can't throw pot with bow equiped either so not just a matter of a quick unequip.

I got the same, if i have an explo pot going with a bow equipped it just giving me the message to have my hands free.

Not sure what you mean with the first statement tho. Why would a character without wrestling be harder to hit with a weapon equipped?

Streets

Grandmaster
A player with no wrestling is easier. This is why mages pick up wrestling (one of the reasons anyway.)

To unequip bow your combat ability as an archer it is zero. As the hit chance formula is based on your combat rating vs your opponent every time an archer drops his bow he/she is a sitting duck.

As an example an archer drops his bow to pot. Not only can he/she not do any damage because they where forced to disarm themselves any and all attacks will be based off unarmed combat.

Now as a dexer/melee you do not have to drop a weapon thus keeping your 100 combat skill giving you your full defense in calculating your "chance to be hit" formula.

Last edited: