Full Update w/ Window's XP

MegaHz

Apprentice
Bump for that art file hosting.
I can have the UOF patcher run on my windows 10 machine and then upload the contents of the game folder as a zip for you when I get home tonight. That's how I got it working properly on my windows xp virtual machine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm having a similar problem here. I'm using Windows XP and cannot install the newer .net framework version (XP has only got 4.0)
First, I tried running an older version of the Client (7.0.15.1): Launched fine with UOS but the server kicked me out after 30 seconds. Probably because client is outdated.
Then, I downloaded the most recent classic client from the official website (7.0.50.0). When I tried running it with UOS, I got the common "out of memory" message. I patched up all of the .exe files using the patch provided on the forum about the "memory error" issue, tried rebooting my laptop and even manually increase the virtual memory: Nothing seems to be working.
I tried launching the client with Razor: I was able to get into the server but then I experienced some terrible in-game lag (which I did not get with the older client version using UOS, that is, before I got kicked out).
Since I was able to use UOS with the older Client version (without all the hassle about the "out of memory" thing) I was thinking that I could maybe try just getting an older Client version that would work with the UO Forever server. Any idea which one would work?

Blackmartin

Grandmaster
Because XP doesn't harrass the user with popups and downloads and updates endlessly. Have had windows vista, windows 8, windows 10 - but in the end, Windows XP is the only one that lets me do my work in peace. I would like to know solutions to issues such as these as well.
You shouldn't have skipped Windows 7, it's basically Windows xp once u disable Aero and choose the 'classic skin' for start menu

MegaHz

Apprentice
I'm having a similar problem here. I'm using Windows XP and cannot install the newer .net framework version (XP has only got 4.0)
First, I tried running an older version of the Client (7.0.15.1): Launched fine with UOS but the server kicked me out after 30 seconds. Probably because client is outdated.
Then, I downloaded the most recent classic client from the official website (7.0.50.0). When I tried running it with UOS, I got the common "out of memory" message. I patched up all of the .exe files using the patch provided on the forum about the "memory error" issue, tried rebooting my laptop and even manually increase the virtual memory: Nothing seems to be working.
I tried launching the client with Razor: I was able to get into the server but then I experienced some terrible in-game lag (which I did not get with the older client version using UOS, that is, before I got kicked out).
Since I was able to use UOS with the older Client version (without all the hassle about the "out of memory" thing) I was thinking that I could maybe try just getting an older Client version that would work with the UO Forever server. Any idea which one would work?

The horrible in game lag can most likely be attributed to the DDOS attack that the server has been under for the past while. The reason you were kicked was not for outdated cleint, but most likely not having "negotiate features" checked in razor or UOS. The server owners have chosen to not allow these programs to be used to their full capacity on this server by disabling some features of the assistants. If you don't check negotiate features in Razor/ UOS options, the server will kick you after 30 seconds.

To get up and running, pick any client that works for you (version doesn't really matter, anything in 7.x is good) and download the above linked art files.

(https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/randomuploads/UOFFiles.zip)

drag and drop those to your UO install folder, and you will be up and running with all the custom content.

Because XP doesn't harrass the user with popups and downloads and updates endlessly. Have had windows vista, windows 8, windows 10 - but in the end, Windows XP is the only one that lets me do my work in peace. I would like to know solutions to issues such as these as well.

Looks like you skipped the one good OS, win 7.... should try it sometime!