Get rid of Ethys and put back in mount fatigue

Bromista

Grandmaster
Whatever you are smoking hook it up, bro. The shit appears to be working.

Still waiting for you to support any one of your claims. Support or face the music: trolling is the only thing you are bringing to the table.

Schmitty2364

Neophyte
Whatever you are smoking hook it up, bro. The shit appears to be working.

Still waiting for you to support any one of your claims. Support or face the music: trolling is the only thing you are bringing to the table.

Funny thing is that new patch just addressed some of the very things we were talking about here and it was done in a clever way. So yeah I dont know what you are still coming at me for

timewarp_again

Neophyte
I remember when ethys came out on OSI and I thought they looked lame, and I still do. Dont get whats cool about them being translucent, I think they would look better colored normaly. Donation coins to make them ethertel

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Why post at all if you cant handle the fire. At some point while writing this up, you must have known someone would try to criticize your statement. I think at this point, losing another player on this shard is not a big deal only because there are more joining everyday that would enjoy Ethy mounts. I know I am. Seeing how hard it is to farm gold on a regular basis with so many people online, I have to actually determine a time frame of logging into a dungeon to farm before people horde the area. From what I read, it looks like you made a post,

Schmitty2364

Neophyte
Why post at all if you cant handle the fire. At some point while writing this up, you must have known someone would try to criticize your statement. I think at this point, losing another player on this shard is not a big deal only because there are more joining everyday that would enjoy Ethy mounts. I know I am. Seeing how hard it is to farm gold on a regular basis with so many people online, I have to actually determine a time frame of logging into a dungeon to farm before people horde the area. From what I read, it looks like you made a post,

Um.. what are you talking about? You guys must be friends.

Nice try tho.

I'm only going to address one point, as I feel everything else has been covered here already.

Not that I believe even for a second that this would happen...but let's say they removed ethereal mounts. Do we all get our donation coins back? That would suck, because there's really nothing else on the donation vendor that was worth the real world money to me.

svarni

Neophyte
Uus Corp

This shard is not a PvP shard, the staff focus on new and casual play players as opposed to veteran ones. Changing out a cash cow like ethys just so PvP is better will not happen, period.

Bola's won't happen either because again, this is not a PvP-centric server so all changes end up going towards new content like dungeons, events, etc. Can you imagine the general panic on this shard if bola's were introduced and folks would have to actually fight instead of run to safety?

I was searching the forum for the keyword "reveal" just to find some evidence about the reveal spell. The simple reason is that my dungeon-chest-picker gets killed more often week by week, since it is virtually impossible to hide and stealth away (even with auto-restealth!) from someone casting reveal as it always reveals everyone within a cube of size 15x15x15 tiles, regardless of line-of-sight.

Upon searching, I found this thread. The words above gave me a good lough: "not a PvP-shard". I see groups of red gangs everywhere. If one of them is using tracking (of course via macro in Sallos), he just needs enough magery to cast reveal, an he will always reveal. There is no way to get out of that cube of size 15x15x15 tiles.

I wish for
[x] Yes! moving fatigue!
This shard would be less PvP-ish if everyone would be forced to up his stamina for riding. Only the red-gangs are continuously riding, everyone else is dealing with spawn etc. and thereby not affected that hard.

[x] Yes! Introduce bolas! Normally they can only be used when dismounted, meaning that you need to re-mount the ethy (delay) or cannot mount your freshly poisoned real horse.
I would like to see the red scum whining when I drop them off their precious mounts in the middle of monster spawn they can hardly handle (compare http://www.uoforum.com/posts/404593/). For me, bolas would be a defense!
I mean, it's fun being chased by a red, but having not a single chance with GM Hiding and GM Stealth to stay hidden against a Reveal spell is deadly all the time because they are always on mounts and you simply cannot run away. The current situation is the opposite of "not a PvP shard".

[x] Please! Nerf the reveal spell! Reveal may unhide a magically hidden person always (as magic hide always hides you), but against properly hidden people, the AoS-like skill check should be implemented (so the chance cannot be above 50% against someone with GM hide+stealth). Reveal is the only spell here that i know of that supersedes a whole skill (detect hidden) far beyond GM level. It is the only spell that does this. No single spell should ever outperform 100% skillpoints in one single skill (like Detect Hidden, compare http://www.uoforum.com/threads/gm-detect.40565 BTW).
Magic Lock does not reach to a 100% Tinker Chest, Magic Untrap reaches up to 60% Remove Traps at most, Magic Unlock to propably 30% Lockpicking (no idea about that), no summon is as powerfull as a tamed dragon; the list could go on and on. Only the Reveal spell is much more powerfull then the Detect Hidden skill. And the need to cast (revealing oneself) is not a compromise to this. Reveal is totally unbalanced. It does not even check the line of sight around the location where it has been casted to. It is ridiculous!

*here be tears and slobber*

Last edited by a moderator:

hubcap

Grandmaster
Stop trying to gank newbies that dont want to fight and you wont have to worry about runners and mount fatigue. You go looking for a REAL fight.....youll get it.

This is just more tears over not being able to grief people.

Like stated......want a REAL fight to prove your skills? Look for it.....youll find it.

Let the newbz run if they dont want to fight. Keep killing them off and no one will be left on the server but wannabe PKs and GOOD PKs.

You'll tire of that quickly.

Just my $.02 adjusted for inflation.

halygon

Grandmaster
Uus Corp

I was searching the forum for the keyword "reveal" just to find some evidence about the reveal spell. The simple reason is that my dungeon-chest-picker gets killed more often week by week, since it is virtually impossible to hide and stealth away (even with auto-restealth!) from someone casting reveal as it always reveals everyone within a cube of size 15x15x15 tiles, regardless of line-of-sight.

Upon searching, I found this thread. The words above gave me a good lough: "not a PvP-shard". I see groups of red gangs everywhere. If one of them is using tracking (of course via macro in Sallos), he just needs enough magery to cast reveal, an he will always reveal. There is no way to get out of that cube of size 15x15x15 tiles.

I wish for
[x] Yes! moving fatigue!
This shard would be less PvP-ish if everyone would be forced to up his stamina for riding. Only the red-gangs are continuously riding, everyone else is dealing with spawn etc. and thereby not affected that hard.

[x] Yes! Introduce bolas! Normally they can only be used when dismounted, meaning that you need to re-mount the ethy (delay) or cannot mount your freshly poisoned real horse.
I would like to see the red scum whining when I drop them off their precious mounts in the middle of monster spawn they can hardly handle (compare http://www.uoforum.com/posts/404593/). For me, bolas would be a defense!
I mean, it's fun being chased by a red, but having not a single chance with GM Hiding and GM Stealth to stay hidden against a Reveal spell is deadly all the time because they are always on mounts and you simply cannot run away. The current situation is the opposite of "not a PvP shard".

[x] Please! Nerf the reveal spell! Reveal may unhide a magically hidden person always (as magic hide always hides you), but against properly hidden people, the AoS-like skill check should be implemented (so the chance cannot be above 50% against someone with GM hide+stealth). Reveal is the only spell here that i know of that supersedes a whole skill (detect hidden) far beyond GM level. It is the only spell that does this. No single spell should ever outperform 100% skillpoints in one single skill (like Detect Hidden, compare http://www.uoforum.com/threads/gm-detect.40565 BTW).
Magic Lock does not reach to a 100% Tinker Chest, Magic Untrap reaches up to 60% Remove Traps at most, Magic Unlock to propably 30% Lockpicking (no idea about that), no summon is as powerfull as a tamed dragon; the list could go on and on. Only the Reveal spell is much more powerfull then the Detect Hidden skill. And the need to cast (revealing oneself) is not a compromise to this. Reveal is totally unbalanced. It does not even check the line of sight around the location where it has been casted to. It is ridiculous!

*here be tears and slobber*
Well as to my quote - it really was a era-accurate comment (and I wasn't staff then). Since that time many pvp changes have been implemented and have brought PvP to a more prominent position on UOF.

Since I made that comment, I am pretty sure that there is a chance of some sort of stamina/mount loss if the dev staff can find the right balance for it.

As for bolas - I still think that would not be accepted.

Nice necro btw.

svarni

Neophyte
Thanks four your response! Didn't know you have not been staff back then, this puts the above citation in another light.

However, only having only mount fatigue wouldn't change that much, I guess. The bigger issue I have is with the Reveal spell. My bad to necro this thread as it wasn't the major point of it.

As I mentioned, even with 100% skill in both Hiding and Stealth one get's revealed all the time, there seems to be no fail ever. I checked it wit a new char with 50% magery, 0% detect hidden, casting Reveal from scrolls. It works through walls, floor and ceiling in a 7 or 8 tile radius. Reveals successful always when the spell does not fizzle. This is ridiculous.

If I've had bolas, I could dismount a PK in a dungeon and try to run off on foot. One cannot stealth on mounts obviously, and almost impossibly while running (due to not having automatic restealth), so there's no chance to flee after revealed. Rehiding works only every 10 seconds while the spell takes only 3 seconds. Even pre-casting An Lor Xen does not help, because upon doing so I'm already revealed and the attacker can equip the weapon and attack without loosing the target cursor for the Reveal spell. So either he comes close and attacks (stun or just damage), or, if I magically hide, he drops the target cursor at my location and just re-equips the weapon.

Easiest way would propably be to implement the AoS-like skillcheck for revealing with the Reveal spell. As I already pointed out, it's the only spell that superseeds the Detect Hidden skill far beyond GM level when it comes to actively revealing someone. So far I got revealed by everyone that wanted to and I doubt that everyone on this shard has a Detect Hidden GM. According to stratics that what I wish for is exactly how it's in official UO now:

Reveal will always reveal players hidden by the Invisibility spell, but against players using the Hiding skill it will check the hiders Hiding and Stealth skills against your Magery and Detect Hidden Skills.​

There's no formula specified on stratics, but I assume that with 2xGM against 2xGm there should NOT be a 99.9% chance of success to the revealer like it seems here.

And last but not least, Reveal as well as Detect Hidden works on around a radious of the target cursor, but without checking line of sight. This also seems really, really strange. Most plausible would be to check line of sight between cursor and invis mobile, or even between the detective and the invis mobile.