Getting Killed In town while afk

What would you rather have after the Poker table / Safezone Changes?

• Safe zone in the back room of W Brit Bank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safe Zone on entire top of W Brit Bank where the poker tables will be

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

FluxLiner

Master
Ill have to bring this up again because this is driving me nuts.

Why do we bank sit at the docks? Because people are able to kill us in town afk without getting guard wacked.

Why is this?? No idea, some kind of exploit.

What is the outcome of this exploit?

Simple, we all sit at the docks & lag up the duels because we don't want to lose our titles, exc.

Can this be fixed???? Its getting real old

Just happened again last night. Char Named Smithy Joe killed me while I was afk sitting right beside an NPC

Last edited by a moderator:

noobs705

Grandmaster
wow your a huge trammy, log out so you dont get killed this is a part of the game. Go find a trammel only server you may find it better there. I really hope this is a joke thread

FluxLiner

Master
No joke, & this relates to all the changes coming to the dox & bank.
Y u being a dick? go troll somewhere else

noobs705

Grandmaster
Troll? your upset because your getting killed afk in town? how ridiculous, What your asking for is literally the same as trammel.

FluxLiner

Master
No, Im not pro tram, What im asking is for NPCs to call for guards like they do in both Felucia & trem on OSI.

That has nothing to do with PVP what so ever. That's the way the game is supposed to work period.
I should be safe from getting PKed in town. (If im blue & im not talkin about alliance/ guildie kills)

noobs705

Grandmaster
The npcs do call guards, I can just keep opening a moongate to a shrine and hit you with a poisoned wep or many other ways to kill somone afk, I would bet the person who killed you did get gwhacked a few times before you died

Kairus

Adept
if this is to happen, thieves shouldnt be able to steal in town too. its the same thing. whenever i leave my char afk at brit, regs are stolen and trapped pouches are gone, got killed not noticing it a few times too..

AssHat

Grandmaster
if you are killed and rez 3 times in town, after that, you get the message that guards can no longer be called on you, so you can have freedom to pk anyone lol

after being griefed for 6+ months, i soon will be joining the people that do these things!!! cant wait to find out what the rest of UOF has to offer and what other people enoy doing on here :) cant wait to greif ya!!!

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Townkilling should not be allowed at all -- it reduces the amount of people chilling at brit bank and makes it seem like the server is less populated than it is. Townkilling also provides no benefit to anyone, it is simply a grief tactic.

If you cant explode run people at west brit bridge because of anti townkilling mechanics, you might as well fix ALL bugs/exploits that allow people to townkill the banksitters that help our shard thrive.

AssHat

Grandmaster
Townkilling should not be allowed at all -- it reduces the amount of people chilling at brit bank and makes it seem like the server is less populated than it is. Townkilling also provides no benefit to anyone, it is simply a grief tactic.

If you cant explode run people at west brit bridge because of anti townkilling mechanics, you might as well fix ALL bugs/exploits that allow people to townkill the banksitters that help our shard thrive.

yeah because dying with not 1 single character on your screen but 20+ purple pots? yeah that always should have been allowed too!!! just another tactics to use on people in game :D keep sharing these great tactics!!!!

also fluxliner=EQMS, wait wait wait, a eqms crying? i am confused......

FluxLiner

Master
Glutton nailed it. UOF needs sitters in town, well traveled areas to let new people know that "yes, there are peps playing this game, They may not be on ATM but at least I didn't just start on another dead shard."

AssHat

Grandmaster
thats why the vet rewards are for being logged in and not when you created the account :)

so they are trying to make the game seem busy.......

FluxLiner

Master
instead of just bitchin ill post a solution here.
Instead of making just the back bank no skill zone, Make the whole poker area no skill zone once it is moved to on top the bank. Then make some lounge area sitting, chess, games tables. It will stop people from gate spamming in the poker table area as well

Now everyone will see all the people who play UOF.
This is the reason everyone starts in Brit isn't it?

FluxLiner

Master
yeah because dying with not 1 single character on your screen but 20+ purple pots? yeah that always should have been allowed too!!! just another tactics to use on people in game :D keep sharing these great tactics!!!!

also fluxliner=EQMS, wait wait wait, a eqms crying? i am confused......

Not a cry thread. The Gms here are working very hard to evolve this game into something refreshingly different for us who have played UO for 10+ years.
We are providing constructive criticism on those changes.

EQMS 4TW

halygon

Grandmaster
One of the beauties of UO is that you are never 100% safe (with the exception of designated *safe* zones). Guards only see what NPCs or Players call them to see. This is not an exploit, but a purposely done mechanic. It allows criminal activities in town, but still minimizes them.

There are a ton of things that can be done if you want to bank-sit in relative safety.
  • Don't be AFK, or if you want to be AFK..
  • Don't keep valuables on you that you would mind losing
  • You are beside a bank, use that strongbox to temporarily store things
  • Stand beside NPCs - they call the guards pretty well
  • Call guards yourself
  • Hide
I have kept a character sitting at WBB for nearly two years straight now (24/7). In that time, I have only been town-killed maybe twice. Since I don't keep really anything of value on my character, except for a few regs in a box, dying is nothing except a run to the healers.

I wouldn't want to play on a non-trammy UO Shard that doesn't allow the same mechanics that we have here.