Ghost watchers

Macho

Neophyte
First, I'm not a native speaker so there could be some grammatic errors please understand.

There are a lot of ghost watchers in UOF.

I think that's unfair.

They are watching all the champs and dungeons.

In OSI, we need to pay for playing accounts but in UOF we have 3 free playable accounts.

That makes ghost watchers(because when we play one account, we have other two accounts free.) and I think there should be restrictions or some.

I played An Corp server serveral years ago.

There, ghosts can't watch outside unless they show themselves.
(i mean they should go warmode to see what happens outside.)

why don't we use this method?

For this reason, I'm sick and tired of ghosts..... and many of other think so as I heard.

Bloo

Adept
Well.. what will stop a ghost from just toggling war/peace to get a peep of the outside world then?

Janesworld

Apprentice
First, I'm not a native speaker so there could be some grammatic errors please understand.

There are a lot of ghost watchers in UOF.

I think that's unfair.

They are watching all the champs and dungeons.

In OSI, we need to pay for playing accounts but in UOF we have 3 free playable accounts.

That makes ghost watchers(because when we play one account, we have other two accounts free.) and I think there should be restrictions or some.

I played An Corp server serveral years ago.

There, ghosts can't watch outside unless they show themselves.
(i mean they should go warmode to see what happens outside.)

why don't we use this method?

For this reason, I'm sick and tired of ghosts..... and many of other think so as I heard.

Nothing can be done, people will just vpn newbie accounts to bypass any type of punishment. The levels some will stoop in order to get any type of competitive advantage.

That is one thing with more time for a community to grow, it seems to attract more of the more non desirables over time.

I get the whole sandbox thing, as I've played uo off and on since 97" beta. I'm a big advocate for things to remain balanced and fair for all. I hate seeing problems like these that screw the little guy.

Nekronos

Master
I would like to see it work like this. Spirit Soeak skill could reveal any ghost in a certain area. Then, a summoned demon could be all killed onto the ghost and have them ejected to some shrine or other area a bit out of the way (maybe outside the dungeon or whatever)

Book of Dowth

Neophyte
Hows this sound...
If the ghost doesn't have a corpse, WITH LOOT ON IT, in the dungeon... they cant enter/are ejected.
As for outdoor champ spawns, use the same radius that wont let you recall.

Nekronos

Master
All of that cool. I like that most times in UO there is a strategy (ghosting) and that's cool so long as there is a counter strategy available, even if it's not free like require SS or special weapon whatever's.

Suikoden

Expert
I feel it would be cool if meta mage spirit speak could have an actionable quote to "I banish thee". Allowing them to send ghosts out of spawn radius maybe giving that person's ghost form a cool down of being at a spawn ghosted . 3 hour banishment for example and that gm spirit speak sees ghosts in and out of war mode. That would give spawners more options and control and those ghosting a risk to actually afk ghost spawns

girana

Grandmaster
Add an ability to Spirit speak to banish ghosts what dont have a corpse anymore. Sends a ghost in a dungeon outside the entrance. Sends a ghost outside in the world to the next closest town.

a) ppl with spirit speak can see all ghost
or
b) every ghost w/o corpse is always warmode

you choose

Book of Dowth

Neophyte
a) ppl with spirit speak can see all ghost
or
b) every ghost w/o corpse is always warmode

you choose
Who cares if the ghost is in warmode? for real the ghost isnt the problem, its that a player has a way to spy on you with 0 risk of dying.
Ghost is and never was intended to be used as an invulnerable spy... take the mechanic out by making them get ejected from champ spawn areas when their corpse decays.
This would also have a great benefit as I'm pretty sure there are places in Hythloth that ghosts cant get out of. So youre in a dungeon, you cant find the way out.. no problem, your corpse decays and poof... outside you are.

dont even think of wasting our skill points picking up stupid spirit speak points... all that will do is cause 1 person to have to make a new character and scan for ghosts with it... so now your combating afk spying with afk spirit speaking... its stupid.
As far as stupid meta weapons that banish ghosts... how stoned were you when you thought of that?
it would obviously be used to banish people who were only trying to get back to their corpses to loot it, and presto! you've just opened up a whole new set of exploits and griefing. not to mention... are you serious? a frickn item that is used to combat afk ghost spys...

StegcO

Grandmaster
A will rager appear, book of dowth is his name.

Except joke, we are all here to suggest, more suggestion means more ideas for Staff.

Staff can choose the best suggestion better than me and you, dont be greedy about a suggestion everyone have his own point of view.