Gone, But Never Forgotten <3

Grizard

Adept
Thanks all for the kind memories. I got my dad into Ultima Online on the Atlantic Server back in 1998 or 1999. He was a quick study and had a little log cabin near a lich spawn and would face tank the liches with his silver mace.

He was one of the few people back in the day to get Gm Resist the old fashioned way by fighting monsters and not doing a fancy macro in your house.

I would laugh at him when he would complain about the liches killing his pack mule that he would hide outside of the spawn because he was hauling off so much gold :)

He really loved the game and more importantly the people. I have come to learn how many people he reached out and talked to on a daily basis. I am getting both people in real life and in the game telling me how he would take time out his day to talk and really listen to people to make their lives brighter.

He had his cranky moments, but once you got to know him he would give you the shirt off of his back and make a lasting relationship.

Thanks all for the fond memories and thanks to the staff for the tribute. I showed my mother and brother the statue and there was not a dry eye in the room.

I know he is fighting the liches right now and chatting it up with Elvis =]

Cinder

Master
Every one talks about UO as if it is just a game. It is a game. with good friends, relationships , loves and passion. El toro was a long time friend . A good, kind man. He loved the game and his friends with a passion. I will truly miss my friend, and he will never be forgotten... same as our friend CLMP. Grizz. I cant tell you how many times your dad bragged on you and how proud he was of your accomplishments... In game, and in life. *hugs*

UglyHouses

Neophyte
Dang. I didn't know something had happened to Toro. The dude was very cool and constantly helping at champ spawns. He must have truly loved UOF. With that being said I'm sure he's on the other side grinning because most of us noobs don't have our own statue. Proof of how badass he was.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Thanks all for the kind memories. I got my dad into Ultima Online on the Atlantic Server back in 1998 or 1999. He was a quick study and had a little log cabin near a lich spawn and would face tank the liches with his silver mace.

He was one of the few people back in the day to get Gm Resist the old fashioned way by fighting monsters and not doing a fancy macro in your house.

I would laugh at him when he would complain about the liches killing his pack mule that he would hide outside of the spawn because he was hauling off so much gold :)

He really loved the game and more importantly the people. I have come to learn how many people he reached out and talked to on a daily basis. I am getting both people in real life and in the game telling me how he would take time out his day to talk and really listen to people to make their lives brighter.

He had his cranky moments, but once you got to know him he would give you the shirt off of his back and make a lasting relationship.

Thanks all for the fond memories and thanks to the staff for the tribute. I showed my mother and brother the statue and there was not a dry eye in the room.

I know he is fighting the liches right now and chatting it up with Elvis =]

I doubt there are many dry eyes in these forums reading this.

Much love and respect to you and your family.

This thread has been incredibly difficult to read for all the right reasons.