Good Bye UOF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
This choice comes after all of my time here. From attempting to rebuild after Carl destroyed/forced my guild to quit to the now daily task of restocking myself so the shard can restock on me. When I go out I never dry loot and rarely even turn in heads. I did come to offer something for the return, but was met with hostility, e bolts, death, and not even time to start negotiations.

As for the 2 v 1 my dexer can normally take on such. However they had a tamer throwing walls of stone up to restrict the area of possible escape. Why was I geared to the teeth? Why not? Isn't that what it's for? This was just the final shove over the cliff for me. No matter what you think I do know how to "PVP" even on a no resist disarm thief (try it some day seriously). I've even run zergs (on LS [Red][UOF][OMEN] and when Paws was the largest guild on this server) myself and know the damage it can do in many ways to a community intentionally and unintentionally.

My ideas are not being used. I'm tired. I've tried my best to have something out of nothing (yes I'm not rich in game what so ever). I'm also tired of people on these forums abusing others and not getting punished for it. I know this isn't OSI, but even they would get rid of the people giving the abuse and abusing their game. I'm sure the staff has their hands full on various levels, but enough is enough.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
A means to an end... Increase the risk, rebalance things a little.. Surely you could understand that Karl...

The entire point of the no cut is to lower the risk of pvping in a single area. To increase pvp and give people looking for pvp a place to go. It works.

It has fuckall to do with someone doing something stupid (a mil of gear to farm ettins...oh ok that's smart), getting pkd, and making a big look-at-me cry-post about quitting.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
The entire point of the no cut is to lower the risk of pvping in a single area. To increase pvp and give people looking for pvp a place to go. It works.

It has fuckall to do with someone doing something stupid (a mil of gear to farm ettins...oh ok that's smart), getting pkd, and making a big look-at-me cry-post about quitting.

The entire issue is not just about PVP Karl, it is about the entire attitude this server has adopted as of late. There are numerous people moaning, complaining, not just about being murdered or griefed, but the complete and utter disregard for fellow gamers. As far as I am concerned, it is a fucking disgrace what this place and attitude towards people has become, there are issues with rampant Zerg guilds and nothing gets resolved and all it does is just give other areas of the internet a great excuse to run UOForever down. Yes, there is envy in that of course, but there is also a different side to which people just listen to ex-members and form their own conclusion. One or two people chatting is not a major issue, twenty plus? People start listening.

But yeah, keep hiding behind the PVP part all the time, screw more people and don't scratch your head IF things go south for the winter..

goldteefSON

Master
nocutzone is the best thing to ever happen.... it keeps the shitty PKs in one consolidated place, which is 1100% avoidable lol. It also FUELS decent pvpers with a place to crush those shitters and even each others with low risk(i say low risk because its really shitty/risky if u get 2 day stat from a 5v5 fight, as opposed to being able to come back and fight again a few minutes later). EQMS rarely comes out to play(outside cut) and when they do... the results usually arent good. Im not quite sure why ANYONE would want put a huge dent in the already shaky pvp schematics which are currently in place. Its shit like "remove the not cut zone" and the talk of perma stat for reds that will crush the server... not some newb losing his stuffs he shouldnt have had on him. i really dont see how nocut even has anything to do with the current situation but i will ALWAYS jump to defend the nocut zone

**sidenote** Ettin paragon jus hit me for 17 damage... maybe i should get some invuln slayer armor?

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
The entire issue is not just about PVP Karl, it is about the entire attitude this server has adopted as of late. There are numerous people moaning, complaining, not just about being murdered or griefed, but the complete and utter disregard for fellow gamers. As far as I am concerned, it is a fucking disgrace what this place and attitude towards people has become, there are issues with rampant Zerg guilds and nothing gets resolved and all it does is just give other areas of the internet a great excuse to run UOForever down. Yes, there is envy in that of course, but there is also a different side to which people just listen to ex-members and form their own conclusion. One or two people chatting is not a major issue, twenty plus? People start listening.

But yeah, keep hiding behind the PVP part all the time, screw more people and don't scratch your head IF things go south for the winter..

Again, none of this has to do with Blaine getting pkd.

UO has been a 'toxic' playerbase game forever. You think this is the first time someone has quit UOF after being pkd? Cmon man...

EQMS is not the first Zerg to cause tears on UOF by a LONG shot. Remember LOLZ, !, etc?

Most importantly, without evil there will be no appreciation for good. UO needs guilds like EQMS.

Honestly it seems like people just want to complain and complain and pressure the gms into changing things instead of doing something about it in-game. Fucking disgraceful.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Again, none of this has to do with Blaine getting pkd.

UO has been a 'toxic' playerbase game forever. You think this is the first time someone has quit UOF after being pkd? Cmon man...

EQMS is not the first Zerg to cause tears on UOF by a LONG shot. Remember LOLZ, !, etc?

Most importantly, without evil there will be no appreciation for good. UO needs guilds like EQMS.

Honestly it seems like people just want to complain and complain and pressure the gms into changing things instead of doing something about it in-game. Fucking disgraceful.

Yeah, UO has always been toxic but it was also monitored, this place has turned into a play ground for elitist attitudes and to be honest, I am done myself. I don't mind reds and such, I don't mind a lot of things, jesus I am a thief in game, but there are limitations, perhaps I have just realized there are better things to do.

Orgha

Apprentice
I'm out too.

Many of this threads responses are exactly the attitude driving people off this shard. And eventually these guys and gals that think they are badasses will be left with an empty server and quit themselves out of boredom.

Usually the big talkers on the internet are pussies IRL. Just saying :rolleyes:

The funny part is people ASSUME the reasons why people are leaving.

Honestly I can't say why I've decided to leave here because there is too much censorship around these forums. If anyone wants to know feel free to PM me. I'll respond to PMs for a short while, but I'm off to better things. ;)

PS My reason for quitting has nothing to do with EQMS or PKs. I think people give EQMS too much credit for a lot of things. Although I'm sure they've pissed some folks off enough to quit.

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
And this is the exact attitude I refer too, whatever, I will be sorting my stuff out over the next few days, I am pretty sure some new guys would appreciate it more.

You should go play league or wow it caters to soft players. @Blaine the Gypsy is quitting from deeper issues such as not getting picked as staff and his ideas being ignored. I support this server and recruit people here via reddit, uoforums, twitch streams, youtube steams , etc. I have given millions to young players since I've joined this shard. I have complete faith in UOF and i'm not worried about either of you leaving.

ps i will miss you ganking my cure pots and regs @ no-cut, @Darkarna.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
And this is the exact attitude I refer too, whatever, I will be sorting my stuff out over the next few days, I am pretty sure some new guys would appreciate it more.

er mine was a joke post mate. Pretty sure you know where you stand in my book.

Lots of good reasons to quit UOF but 'people are mean' isn't one of them, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.