Good pet training spots?

Kith kannen

Master
anyone know of a good place to train up your pets? I don't care about loot at all I would actually prefer crap loot to lower the chance of PKs.

eppy

Grandmaster
anyone know of a good place to train up your pets? I don't care about loot at all I would actually prefer crap loot to lower the chance of PKs.

If you have a custom house, someone posted a training structure for training them against each other.

Lopsang

Master
Get a gargoyle pick axe and summon a shadow elemental. Dragons, drakes and mares cannot damage them, and the shadow elementals barely does any damage. A death beetle will kill one though. For resist, you can trap the pets in your house and make a mana vamp macro. Make sure to include an 'all stay' at least once or twice in the macro and to keep your pet well fed. If the pet drops loyalty and doesnt listen to an all stay you'll probably die.

Greed

Master
There was some fantastic guides on the old uoforever forums but they have long been lost to tragically destructive forum control. Anyway, if I find a good guide I'll post it because that would be nice to have certainly...especially if it is one specifically designed for UOForever.

Kith kannen

Master
thanks all :) I don't have a house yet I was just hoping to find an active crappy spawn for my youngs to raise magery etc....they kill too fast for outside stuff now.

jorge

Novice
Just have them attack each other!

When their mana is drained stop attacking and let them regenerate. This will prevent them from casting low level spells over and over which (I believe) don't give as good gains.

gofer

Grandmaster

When their mana is drained stop attacking and let them regenerate. This will prevent them from casting low level spells over and over which (I believe) don't give as good gains.

^^^ My cousin makes a good point, just do not do what I did and have a chicken attack your dragon and expect good results :p

PS: I believe you need to be in a guild for this to work, though I am not 100% positive.

Kith kannen

Master
thanks all for the helpful feedback...when my second young bonds I'll let them smack each other around for a bit and work a little vet at the same time.

gofer

Grandmaster
thanks all for the helpful feedback...when my second young bonds I'll let them smack each other around for a bit and work a little vet at the same time.

I think once you get to about 80 real (much like with healing) you can gain faster by having one die and running a macro to constantly rez it (without accepting).

gofer

Grandmaster

For what I said previously, make sure it is another person's pet or even your second account (a bonded pack horse on your miner will work too).

BeerJedi

Grandmaster

I was doing that, but it flagged me criminal. Any way to prevent the flag?

jorge

Novice
I was doing that, but it flagged me criminal. Any way to prevent the flag?

If you join a guild your pets (and guild members) are flagged green, allowing you to attack them freely.

I can add you to mine tomorrow evening if you would like.