Got PK'ed for the first time today

Weland

Grandmaster
Girls girls girls you're both pretty. So far the vast majority of pk's I've run into will treat you like this @PeterVDS. The few times I've been left to take a dirt nap and not rezzed by the pk himself, is when they saw some one else and went after them. I think a lot of how I pk treats the player is how the player reacts to the PK. I never cuss out a pk and if they rez me by my corpse I thank them. Welcome to UOF and since we are on the same timezone if you ever need help with anything let me know. I'd be happy to help.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
@GimpCent

Regarding the pk stuff, have you read the proposed changes? What is so bad about them that the crying still continues? Things may need tweaking but overall it should hopefully promote some blues to team up and fight reds. There is plenty of griefing potential sure but things like this can be worked out. Its as if the world is ending but in reality the changes wont alter much.

Why ignore the actual content of my post rather than having a discussion?

@Weland Im prettier though right? RIGHT?!

drinn

Grandmaster
I started playing last week and during those days I've had a few opportunity blues attacking me at Brit Graveyard - which I managed to outrun. But today was my first encounter with a red looking to actually kill people.

Saw him enter level 1 of Despise and didn't have all my marbles together. I was way to slow to react untill he was all over me. Still managed to run outside and make it halfway through the mountain pass before i dropped.

Nice player by the way. He only looted my sword and went on with his business as I got resurected and looted my belongings back from my corpse.

Final score:
- I lost a nice sword which took me an hour of (low-level) farming to replace the gold invested.
+ Learned that Reds can also be decent people.
+ But I also gained some proper insight in the weaknesses of my toon. Realized that lesser heal pots don't do much good and made plans to rethink my hotkey layout.

Blue PKs = pussies. They are filled with cowardness no balls to become a red.

Its good that such behaviour has became more popular here I mean that after you kill people you resurrect them too and not taking loot unless something valuable.

They kill to get as many "frags" as possible.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
I replied to that silly billy

You said it yourself in the last line of your long winded post

So your reply was that the changes wont alter much. Whats with the crying to mummy (shane) then?

PS I didnt know 5 lines was long winded ha. Ill be sure to keep it short like you next time and edit my posts over a 5 hour period with a new paragraph and youtube video added every 5 minutes.

GimpCent

Grandmaster
So your reply was that the changes wont alter much. Whats with the crying to mummy (shane) then?

PS I didnt know 5 lines was long winded ha. Ill be sure to keep it short like you next time and edit my posts over a 5 hour period with a new paragraph and youtube video added every 5 minutes.

It won't alter much in the way of good. It doesn't fix any of the issues with griefing and in most aspects opens up new branches to evolve.

In light of not altering much in the way of good it hardly seems like the logical choice. As skill loss has never worked properly as a player punishment in any game ever.

How I write should be little of concern for you in light for the real issues we face but you keep trying to drag this communication between us into petty over dramatic things. It serves no reason other than cowardly deflection grown out of a society that accepts child molesters as their leaders.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
It won't alter much in the way of good. It doesn't fix any of the issues with griefing and in most aspects opens up new branches to evolve.

In light of not altering much in the way of good it hardly seems like the logical choice. As skill loss has never worked properly as a player punishment in any game ever.

We cant possibly have a pker getting griefed can we, what is this world coming to. Problems with the proposed changes can be ironed out, it really isnt as big a deal as you are making out. How long and how much gold does it take to train 1 skill point here? Not much. If you are a shit pk then yes you will be out of pocket. We shouldnt cater to shit pks. Pkers arent doing anything profound that they need protecting, they are murdering players. If you want consensual pvp, join a faction, if you want to murder, accept there will be punishments, its that simple.

How I write should be little of concern for you in light for the real issues we face but you keep trying to drag this communication between us into petty over dramatic things. It serves no reason other than cowardly deflection grown out of a society that accepts child molesters as their leaders.

What ha

Weland

Grandmaster
It serves no reason other than cowardly deflection grown out of a society that accepts child molesters as their leaders.
2f036e940a006920cabfcb80501ce32b.jpg

Weland

Grandmaster
Ok I'm just going to get ahead of this one before it becomes like so many other threads:

EQMS: #paythemils

$: What a joke guild $ wins again LAWL

EQMS: *posts more pictures of dead $* EQMS Wins again LAWL

$: DodgEQMS what a joke thanks for the 20x 120 PS's and 10 Relics of the Champ last night LAWL $ wins again

EQMS: You had 10 people and 20 pets you have no skills LAWL fix pet speed

$: LAWL

EQMS: LAWL

EQMS: my LAWL is better than your's

$: Your LAWL is a joke like your guild LAWL

*Place into infinity loop*

Now that has been established we can continue with more important matters.

Cack

Grandmaster
Believe it or not not every Nazi was evil. Its not pathetic its just eazy to demonize our enemies and we must guard against that flaw of logic.

There is no need to be aggressive

In the past I rarely tagged staff per se but in light of the recent proposals we have cause to worry and thus a duty to inform.

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
Martin Luther King Jr.

At least I put my stake in the ground and I willing to defend it, at is more than most. You could take a knee in respect for me but instead you act as if my cause isn't just. I stand ready to debate anyone on the subject, but I do not ask to be forgiven for showing examples of where the logic of others has failed. A great leader should never surround himself with people who just agree with him, that is a wildly dangerous road to travel.

I seek nothing but fairness for my red brotherhood in these times of trouble, I will gladly go back to my cave once this threat has past
Man...that some good shit you're on...why dont you take a stand and share some

Ok I'm just going to get ahead of this one before it becomes like so many other threads:

EQMS: #paythemils

$: What a joke guild $ wins again LAWL

EQMS: *posts more pictures of dead $* EQMS Wins again LAWL

$: DodgEQMS what a joke thanks for the 20x 120 PS's and 10 Relics of the Champ last night LAWL $ wins again

EQMS: You had 10 people and 20 pets you have no skills LAWL fix pet speed

EQMS: LAWL

EQMS: my LAWL is better than your's

$: Your LAWL is a joke like your guild LAWL

*Place into infinity loop*

Now that has been established we can continue with more important matters.

So sayeth the historian of UO:Forever forums.

(No /s)

Mango

Grandmaster
I started playing last week and during those days I've had a few opportunity blues attacking me at Brit Graveyard - which I managed to outrun. But today was my first encounter with a red looking to actually kill people.

Saw him enter level 1 of Despise and didn't have all my marbles together. I was way to slow to react untill he was all over me. Still managed to run outside and make it halfway through the mountain pass before i dropped.

Nice player by the way. He only looted my sword and went on with his business as I got resurected and looted my belongings back from my corpse.

Final score:
- I lost a nice sword which took me an hour of (low-level) farming to replace the gold invested.
+ Learned that Reds can also be decent people.
+ But I also gained some proper insight in the weaknesses of my toon. Realized that lesser heal pots don't do much good and made plans to rethink my hotkey layout.

Red encounters really gets the heart pumping! Even though you died, sounds like you had fun :D

PeterVDS

Neophyte
This guy got pked by a good pk, trying to pretend that every pk will be like this is fucking pathetic. If he got pked then the pk waited at the shrine for him and killed him over and over would he still be making a post about how cool the pks are? No is the answeer. Dont pretend that every pk is like this to spin it in your favour, it doesnt fool anyone.

You're right there @Smokey McCallum, in fact I was going to add a final paragraph to my opening post (but I'm a serious TL;DR risk at best) stating that I was lucky to run into a decent player for my first time. If I would have been ganked, resskilled and trashtalked to I would not be as content about the encounter.

But still, getting a sense of the community on the forums before starting out got me prepared for the worst. And a prepared man isn't setting himself up for much suffering over pixels I think.

PeterVDS

Neophyte
Red encounters really gets the heart pumping! Even though you died, sounds like you had fun :D

It may seem strange, but it was fun really.

The rush of adrenaline lasted for more than ten minutes after getting owned.

And I'll be preparing for the next encounter with more insight in how to defend myself properly. Like trying to land a blow or two myself before scrambling to safety. I hope I bought myself 10 precious seconds (my bandage heal timer) by switching from lesser to greater heal pots now. That should account for one or two strikes on my part.

K A Z

Grandmaster
You're right there @Smokey McCallum, in fact I was going to add a final paragraph to my opening post (but I'm a serious TL;DR risk at best) stating that I was lucky to run into a decent player for my first time. If I would have been ganked, resskilled and trashtalked to I would not be as content about the encounter.

But still, getting a sense of the community on the forums before starting out got me prepared for the worst. And a prepared man isn't setting himself up for much suffering over pixels I think.

in reality the encounters where you (as a new and unknown player) are being ganked, and then shittalked are very rare if even existant. I'm not saying that they won't gank you, but I doubt that anyone is going to shittalk a guy who carries lesser heal potions and uses a might sword...