Greatly worn Finder

Bryce

Adept
Time/effort/coordination.
Out of curiosity, how much time/effort/coordination do people really think is involved in the last stage (parking a character macroing itemid on signs and screenshotting/log out upon sign change)?

*this* is what will be randomized. Not the tracking of the preceding stages.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Time/effort/coordination.
Out of curiosity, how much time/effort/coordination do people really think is involved in the last stage (parking a character macroing itemid on signs and screenshotting/log out upon sign change)?

*this* is what will be randomized. Not the tracking of the preceding stages.

Quite a bit, actually.

Bromista

Grandmaster
The auto steal by type is making champ spawns a lot more fun for thieves lol
Ugh. Dislike.

Thieves already have it way too fucking good here so for them to be able to script steal scrolls is a major major problem in my eyes.

I had a 110 peace on me the other day that I didn't give two shits about, so while running around scooping gold piles with all eyes on my pack I watched it vanish without a trace of who stole it because of broken thief mechanics.

Not a major problem for me, but definitely a major problem for others if allowed to continue at the current rate.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Really. So opening your runebook, and clicking the location. Setting your target-type to that sign, turning on your macro and going to sleep/work is really so demanding? Provide some back-up to this.

coordinating with others, protecting our timers, killing others timers, plus giving up a char slot to a gimpy build, etc etc

It's just punishing a group of player who are coordinating and using tools that are available to everyone and are not illegal according to the rules. Anyone who wants to put the time in can profit from idocs. As usual though, a lot people try it and discover that it is a lot more work than it looks like, so they give up.

Bryce

Adept
Not saying the timing process from greatly-Idoc is illegal. It most certainly is legit.
We want randomized timers though. Landing a time and people logging out and only appearing 5 minutes before said time isn't something we really consider "Active effort".
Stay hidden at said houses, or don't. Risk/reward. kill people you find there, they come back and kill you. Fights ensue. Battle for the loot.
More "Active effort" than say logging in, killing an afk timer, logging out. Rinse/repeat every so often. Active pvp can be created from this. Defend what you find, or attack what others try to defend.

N49ATV

Adept
I'm sorry but this is ruining the shard. Not because people find GW, not because they run around to find them. It's this script macro BS. Let's play the game. I vote for UOA macros/abilities only. Complex macros that check for system messages etc is BS. It's a very short step to EUO

berticus

Grandmaster
you can time idocs the exact same with razor as you can steam. i'm not sure if that's a case being argued, but dont try to pin this on Steam. this is about idoc timers.

we'll survive or go back to normal pvp if this change is made. i can't imagine knowing a house is going to hit it's 4th hour around 11pm my time, knowing i have work the next day at 7am, and trying to decide if i'm going to stay up and hope the house falls at a reasonable time or if i'm going to choose between wasting 2 more hours halfway through or or staying devoted and fucking myself over the next day of real life. timing idocs lets you maximize the ones you'll have the time to visit. same principle as marking up good taming/gank runes, just more setup before hand to maximize time saved later on.

trying to create hotspots at idocs isn't really something you can do. if it's a big, badass idoc, it's going to be a shit show. there will be tons of people. those people will tell everyone they know. no interaction required.

little idocs will be even less desirable. especially if you kill of the demo script. so long as a demo macro can be ran, one account per guild notifying when shit goes down combined with well-placed runes still enables us to be at each and every house fall.

again, hard to bash a new system before seeing it in action, but i struggle to wrap my head around how this will be an improvement on the whole. fortunately i dont have to feel pressured by results of changes i make. best of luck if this is the direction we're undeniably heading.

if people want every script/trick we use, i'd happily share. competition makes the game fun. the good news here is that i dont have to recall through 160 runes every 6 hours just to check our fairlies. back to my awful peeveepee <3

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Not saying the timing process from greatly-Idoc is illegal. It most certainly is legit.
We want randomized timers though. Landing a time and people logging out and only appearing 5 minutes before said time isn't something we really consider "Active effort".
Stay hidden at said houses, or don't. Risk/reward. kill people you find there, they come back and kill you. Fights ensue. Battle for the loot.
More "Active effort" than say logging in, killing an afk timer, logging out. Rinse/repeat every so often. Active pvp can be created from this. Defend what you find, or attack what others try to defend.

Playing smarter is not the same as playing harder. People already show up at idocs and fight for control, battle for loot etc.

You have a problem with people playing smarter since it gives them an advantage. You punish the ones playing smart or change game mechanics so that the ones who can't or won't play smart aren't disadvantaged.

Using game mechanics (in concert with all the other work involved) to give yourself an advantage over people who just hear about an idoc in IRC and show up should not be something that gets you 'nerfed'. IMO anyways.

N49ATV

Adept
Playing smarter is not the same as playing harder. People already show up at idocs and fight for control, battle for loot etc.

You have a problem with people playing smarter since it gives them an advantage. You punish the ones playing smart or change game mechanics so that the ones who can't or won't play smart aren't disadvantaged.

Using game mechanics (in concert with all the other work involved) to give yourself an advantage over people who just hear about an idoc in IRC and show up should not be something that gets you 'nerfed'. IMO anyways.

But if someone can setup a macro to check IDOC is that playing smarter?

I think that's not playing at all. Checking IDOC afk or semiFK, is not playing smarter. What part of playing of you think this is? Oh "play macro"?

Violence

Grandmaster
But if someone can setup a macro to check IDOC is that playing smarter?

I think that's not playing at all. Checking IDOC afk or semiFK, is not playing smarter. What part of playing of you think this is? Oh "play macro"?

If you want to just slap random houses with timers and go AFK for 4 days, please be my guest.

But for the rest of us who hit several houses a day, it is a primary source of income, PvP, and guild cooperation. I don't look forward to sitting at a house waiting for 4-8 hours wondering if it will fall before I have to go to bed.

N49ATV

Adept
If you want to just slap random houses with timers and go AFK for 4 days, please be my guest.

But for the rest of us who hit several houses a day, it is a primary source of income, PvP, and guild cooperation. I don't look forward to sitting at a house waiting for 4-8 hours wondering if it will fall before I have to go to bed.

So why not actually play? If your afk macro checking something. That's not playing a game at all. That's setting up a script/macro to play the game for you before bed, then log a timer. And log in for loot/PvP/Income. You could almost script with non legal programs to play UOF for the next year and log in a billionaire, where is the line drawn?

Kraden

Grandmaster
Yeah im not gonna lie. I havent gotten to much into idocing yet. Tagged along a few times. The people that i know that do it do put alot or work and time in doing it

With that said i know randomizing the times sounds like a good idea but think about the fact that other people have lives.

So heres what i see happening no one is gonna sit around for 4-8 hours hoping one house falls with no promise of reward. Thought maybe people got that from the crippled guy event that most people cried about cause "it took to long" and "i didnt get cool stuff" lol. Not that i care i liked that event. If you change it to those times then i see idocing dying and turning into random luck and maybe the large plots being watched or camped. Maybe. But im not sittin anywhere or 8 fukin hours thats for sure

Also on another note if its the same guild "controlling" every idoc than that just goes to show you how dumb every other guild is for not starting an idoc group. Doesnt mean they have this crazy advantage. Just means they took the time from doing other crap to focus on idocs.

Anyway not that my opinion matters but this lowering the threshold forgames nowadays is fuking stupid lol. Gotta make it so everyone gets everything and has no advantages. How bout we make a gate room that has gates that take people to every idoc all day. Maybe thatll help with the people complaining about "not getting loot" lol

Anyway good easter event. Awesome additions lately. Cant wait to see more

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Yeah im not gonna lie. I havent gotten to much into idocing yet. Tagged along a few times. The people that i know that do it do put alot or work and time in doing it

With that said i know randomizing the times sounds like a good idea but think about the fact that other people have lives.

So heres what i see happening no one is gonna sit around for 4-8 hours hoping one house falls with no promise of reward. Thought maybe people got that from the crippled guy event that most people cried about cause "it took to long" and "i didnt get cool stuff" lol. Not that i care i liked that event. If you change it to those times then i see idocing dying and turning into random luck and maybe the large plots being watched or camped. Maybe. But im not sittin anywhere or 8 fukin hours thats for sure

Also on another note if its the same guild "controlling" every idoc than that just goes to show you how dumb every other guild is for not starting an idoc group. Doesnt mean they have this crazy advantage. Just means they took the time from doing other crap to focus on idocs.

Anyway not that my opinion matters but this lowering the threshold forgames nowadays is fuking stupid lol. Gotta make it so everyone gets everything and has no advantages. How bout we make a gate room that has gates that take people to every idoc all day. Maybe thatll help with the people complaining about "not getting loot" lol

Anyway good easter event. Awesome additions lately. Cant wait to see more

LOL cry more bro honestly
tears????

N49ATV

Adept
Yes some people have lives, and some frankly do not. What would random times hurt? Last IDOC I went to, everything on blank custom plot went poof. So only thing gained was 2 7x7 placed over an 18x18 plot, and bartering for 18x18 ensued. Who cares of some blank spaces sit till someone comes along and happens to sell for great gold. IDOC timers and scripting hurt the server more then they help.
There is no hard work in dedicating a 2nd or 3rd account to scan a set 5 rune books. Yes it took time to setup runes, and macros/scripts, but in the same breath why aren't mining scripts legal? Or gold scripts legal? If am IDOC macro can net you 500k or 1M, why can't it farm the same gold, in same amount of time?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
exactly, thats why i lose interest quick when shards enable scripts, whats the point?

whats the point? good times and good fun. I like to play UO like a game of golf, against myself. Im here to beat my own records not worry about what other people are doing. they wanna script thats fine, when they die to me, they die to a playa who pulls bars and double clicks to attack. Thats how i shine to brightly when the target closest gets locked

wreckognize

Grandmaster
IF they do make random timers i think it would be nice to add length to the total time it takes a house to collapse, so for example, it definitely wont fall for at least 3 weeks but after that who knows??? :D

N49ATV

Adept
whats the point? good times and good fun. I like to play UO like a game of golf, against myself. Im here to beat my own records not worry about what other people are doing. they wanna script thats fine, when they die to me, they die to a playa who pulls bars and double clicks to attack. Thats how i shine to brightly when the target closest gets locked

^^

I'm all for above, but when scripts start to filter into my play beyond what a normal human (not wreckognize) could do, it's starts to piss me off. I love this game. Whether I die or kill, but if gonna play against scripts, I might as well play SO (single offline) not an MMO.

If we went to UOA + UOA-Loop (I realize that's not really an option) This server would be better for it. People could still macro skills, but less AFK/PvP macros would exist. And with how easy gold/skills are here, it work work lovely.