Greetings all.

Greenman

Apprentice
I have not played UO in nearly 10 years. Looking forward to getting back into it. that having been said, I am NOT looking for hand outs or a sugar Daddy, I am looking for a house. my account is seven days old and I need a place to safely transfer stuff from one character to another, I don't need a good vendor spot, just a little spot in the middle of nowhere (preferably not in the ghetto) not a huge PVP gal but I understand the poor have to make due. If you or someone you know might have a house they were about to lose because of account issues who just needed a care taker. we could work something out. Looking forward to meeting you good folks, and dreading meeting the rest. XO.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Welcome to Forever, glad your looking to plant some roots here! If you have a housing tool, you can find small plots fairly easily all over the world, if you don't have the gold, while I won't gift it, I would be happy to take you out T-Hunting and split the gold, you'd have enough for a small house/plot in no time. I even know a couple of spots around where a house can go. I play in the EST time zone, generally 9 pm - midnight.

halygon

Grandmaster
Welcome to UOF. Check out the wiki for shard-specific mechanics.

I'll echo what @AreYouKidden says - you can find a small plot pretty easy and they are not too expensive - even for someone new. Tip though, if you use a classic house deed, it will be cheaper to purchase, however if you ever decide to drop the house, it will turn back into a deed that you cannot sell. If you, on the other hand, use a house placement tool, the cost will be higher but you get it back if you drop the house. Choose wisely.

Greenman

Apprentice
Thank you both for the advice, It has been so long I am actually still trying to learn/remember the basic mechanics. The last character I played was a Sampire so it has been an adjustment. If I can make my schedule work areyoukidding, I would love to go out sometime. In the mean time I will keep grinding so as not to be a liability to you. :)

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I have no problem you being a liability :) I provo everything together, you can get some gains while helping! I can solo the maps regardless, but like to help out new players, and can often pull 80-100k per hour, that we can split doing it, so you build up some starting funds fairly quickly, and learn alot about treasure hunting in the process which can be a great source of relatively safe income (not alot of PK's wandering all the t-hunt spots)

But I'd recommend doing a variety of activities, variety is the spice of life and all!