Greetings

Thinkman

Apprentice
I started playing here few weeks ago, after long long years. Last time I played was around 2005 I think. Before that 2000. Nevertheless game is still a lot of fun. And so far, I really like the active server and old school play style.

After various macros were implemented I was never good in pvp so I just avoided it. I was never a power player either, so I typically just roamed around, adventuring in the wilderness, eventually increasing my skills and buying a small cabin in the woods. I'm doing the same here so that is my playstyle I guess.

I think this is a good place to give my first impressions so I'll just do that too:

-With the young status,newbie dungeon, and lightning fast skill increase you have plenty of time to catch up. So full loot Felucca is great.

-Everywhere is full of magical items. It's great for me and other beginners but maybe a bit pointless for seasoned players.

-Love the Brit craftsmen area.

-Explosion potions (while I'm guessing good for making pvp less than %95 running) are really unforgiving for beginners. They destroy me, and probably anyone u doesn't want to use them. (Maybe a stun potion will do the same without total destruction?)

-Talismans are absolutely great, looking forward to getting one. Long time ahead though.

All in all I think this shard is pretty solid both player and management wise. I have few online hours available, but I'lm looking forward to making most of it. So nice to meet you.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Welcome to UOF - good to hear some impressions of newer players, I'd love to get your take on the number of PK's you've run into as a new player, you've made teh comment of explo potions, so I'm guessing there's a few. I'm like you, I don't like where the explosion potion is, but when you start using heals/cures yourself, you'll find explosions aren't as dominating as they seem to be. With that said, it buys you some time to run, eventually they'll still wear you down!

If you need any help with anything just ask, the Wiki at the top of the page is a great resource to understand all the custom content. The talismans are very fulfilling, and a great progression based system, definitely worth giving a go when you get around to it!

Thinkman

Apprentice
Thanks a lot.

First PK encounter happened in Brit bridge, I was currious and wanted to hit someone with my fresshly gm'ed swordsmanship so I meddled in some people fighting. Appropriately I was murdered. Than I was farming at first level of cove. I found it very good with full of harpies and gazers, not very dangerous. But I was murdered and looted by a PK. So I didn't go there or any dungeon again. Now I'm trying to farm in the wilderness.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
It's rather sad that PK's take to hunting low level dungeons, looking for easy kills, but that's unfortunately what happens on PK servers. I'd suggest marking locations with a couple of mobs you like, and doing what most people do, recall in, kill a couple of mobs, recall to the next spot, and cycle around, your never in one spot too long, so you rarely run into PK's that way. Dump loot when you aren't willing to risk it, so if a PK gets you, at least you haven't lost much! It's always good to find friends, or run in a group as well. Herd mentality and all!

At some point, get comfortable with carrying potions, and you should be able to survive an attack long enough to escape!

Edwin Fox

Novice
It's rather sad that PK's take to hunting low level dungeons, looking for easy kills, but that's unfortunately what happens on PK servers. I'd suggest marking locations with a couple of mobs you like, and doing what most people do, recall in, kill a couple of mobs, recall to the next spot, and cycle around, your never in one spot too long, so you rarely run into PK's that way. Dump loot when you aren't willing to risk it, so if a PK gets you, at least you haven't lost much! It's always good to find friends, or run in a group as well. Herd mentality and all!

At some point, get comfortable with carrying potions, and you should be able to survive an attack long enough to escape!

Either that, or pack up some other mates and start adventuring in parties! Thats a great way of playing, especially for us who like that wandering pvm hunting style, mate!

Reach me out on Discord, Thinkman!, Let us bash some foes some day!
o/

Thinkman

Apprentice
Thanks, I am always into fighting monsters in groups. Sounds fun! But I have really few hours, and not everyday. My online hours are evening, europe time. By the way I joined discord and surprised how active it was. Thanks for the info.