Guide: Poisoning

HellGuy

Adept
i did gm it after a long while.

Use pots as guided based on skill level on wiki, drink and eat up and go to a dungeon.

it takes loads of kegs, and once you are around 90 use skill scrolls. Making DP is like 20% success chance with GM alchemy and you need like 928734982374 kegs of it. So don't waste with it and use skill scrolls.

:)

Cephlen

Neophyte
i did gm it after a long while.

Use pots as guided based on skill level on wiki, drink and eat up and go to a dungeon.

it takes loads of kegs, and once you are around 90 use skill scrolls. Making DP is like 20% success chance with GM alchemy and you need like 928734982374 kegs of it. So don't waste with it and use skill scrolls.

:)
Was it worth it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Pwn Diddy

Neophyte
so if it is such an offensive skill to train up. What then is the cost's involved both in Gold value and in Donation Coin equalivancy ? to say to take it from 50 - GM.... or is it worth training a little to say 70 and then buying skill ?

Dimok

Master
Is there any one with it gmed that can chime in on of this is worth the trouble?
I have it GM'ed and can say it really wasn't that hard. BS was harder IMO. I currently use him to GM poison weps for my LJ pvp'er, but the plan is to build him as fence/alch/pois.

Lightfoot

Expert
I have it GM'ed and can say it really wasn't that hard. BS was harder IMO. I currently use him to GM poison weps for my LJ pvp'er, but the plan is to build him as fence/alch/pois.
Blacksmith takes much less time and you almost never have to switch supplies. I think BS takes about 10% of the time of poison. With blacksmith, I did it all in about 5 shots with 3k ingots each and just smelted. With poison, every 10 min i have 2 full kegs and no reags. Ya, keep giving us that good info.

Dimok

Master
Blacksmith takes much less time and you almost never have to switch supplies. I think BS takes about 10% of the time of poison. With blacksmith, I did it all in about 5 shots with 3k ingots each and just smelted. With poison, every 10 min i have 2 full kegs and no reags. Ya, keep giving us that good info.
It is good info, because it's correct. Not sure how you're doing poison, but it's wrong if you think it's harder then BS. I have both BS and poison gm'ed. I never even used kegs for poisoning. There's a macro to make pois pots and then pois a wep. Take as many regs as you can carry, 2 pots, and a dagger into a dungeon. I didn't think it was hard or time consuming at all. Check it every 30 minutes or so to make sure you have regs and nothings wrong with the macro, was done in like 8-10 hours. Since it sounds like you're doing it wrong, follow my good info.

[Legato]

Master
It is good info, because it's correct. Not sure how you're doing poison, but it's wrong if you think it's harder then BS. I have both BS and poison gm'ed. I never even used kegs for poisoning. There's a macro to make pois pots and then pois a wep. Take as many regs as you can carry, 2 pots, and a dagger into a dungeon. I didn't think it was hard or time consuming at all. Check it every 30 minutes or so to make sure you have regs and nothings wrong with the macro, was done in like 8-10 hours. Since it sounds like you're doing it wrong, follow my good info.

hey dimok, was this a uo steam macro? do you have it by chance if so?

Dimok

Master
hey dimok, was this a uo steam macro? do you have it by chance if so?

Someone else asked me in messages so I will copy paste my reply:
Sure, here is a copy of mine from my razor folder.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3739|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForGumpAction|949095101|False|20
Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|16|0|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|30
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|2
Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|False|3850
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|2
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1083120505|99|107|0|3922

You will have to make a wordpad doc and copy paste that into it then install it into your macro folder for razor. You will also have to update it 2 total times based on regular,greater,deadly.

OR (easier if you ask me) record your own, it's pretty simple:
dbl click your mortar ( change this to by type so it gets a new when one wears out)
click the poison you want to make (this is based on your pois skill level),
insert a >8 second pause (I put it on a 10, less conflicts, you can play around with it)
use skill poisoning
target your current poison (once again based on pois level) change to target by type
target your dagger or other bladed (it wont wear out can leave on absolute target)

halygon

Grandmaster
For those that use UOS, this is what I used to GM poisoning:

Code:
//Prompt for Selections
sysmsg 'Select the reagent bag'
promptalias 'reagentbag'
sysmsg 'Select what you want to poison'
promptalias 'targetofpoison'

//Keep Running Macro until Poisoning Skill is GM
while skill 'Poisoning' < 100

//Check to see if enough Nightshade is on hand.  This counter must be setup separately from this macro.
if counter 'cntr' < 1
movetype 0xf88 'reagentbag' 'backpack' 0 0 0 'any' 200
pause 1000
endif

//Make the Poison Potion using Alchemy
//Use Mortar and Pestal
usetype 0xe9b
waitforgump 0x38920abd 1500
replygump 0x38920abd 21
pause 1000
//If you failed to create a potion, this will keep trying till one is made
while ingump 'any' 'You fail to create'
usetype 0xe9b
replygump 0x38920abd 21
pause 1000
endwhile

//Find Potion otherwise use a keg
if findtype 0xf0a
else
usetype 0x1940 'any' 'backpack'
pause 1000
endif

//Poison the item
useskill 'Poisoning'
waitfortarget 15000
findtype 0xf0a
target! 'found'
waitfortarget 15000
target! 'targetofpoison'
pause 2000

//Check if you were clumsy and poisoned yourself
while poisoned
cast 'cure' 'self'
endwhile
pause 7000

endwhile

Basically this requires you to have alchemy to make the potions. You have to prep your mortar and pestal menu for the type of potion you are poisoning with (lesser, poison, greaters, DP).

[Legato]

Master
How do i change the gump selection for normal poison? im starting at 50.

Also - can this be modified to make/drink a cure pot instead of casting a spell?

Edit: NVM saw your note regarding prep the mortar...what about the cure pot part though?

halygon

Grandmaster
How do i change the gump selection for normal poison? im starting at 50.

Also - can this be modified to make/drink a cure pot instead of casting a spell?

Edit: NVM saw your note regarding prep the mortar...what about the cure pot part though?
Sure you can replace the cast cure part with drink cure potion. I am not in front of my home PC so I cannot pull up UOS to give you additional syntax.

[Legato]

Master
I posted a modified version of the above UO Steam macro in the Macros > UO Steam forum.
It lets you macro in a dungeon versus a house and auto recalls for you. checks your location for failed recalls if low magery, etc.
Got me to GM in 2 days.