Hello, new to UO and some general questions

Monomaxos

Hello, I am new to UO, all I played is like a bit more than a month on official servers on Europa like 1+ year ago on the modern client. Considering my inexperience and the fact I never used the classic client too, would you recoomend UO Forever for me? I had picked paladin on official but here it wasnt letting me choose it - and I generally prefer melee and armored characters

Dirt McGirt

Journeyman
Hello, I am new to UO, all I played is like a bit more than a month on official servers on Europa like 1+ year ago on the modern client. Considering my inexperience and the fact I never used the classic client too, would you recoomend UO Forever for me? I had picked paladin on official but here it wasnt letting me choose it - and I generally prefer melee and armored characters
This server I think, is mostly based on uor rulesets. That's pretty much the original bare bones uo style, from the early days. There aren't any paladin's that I'm aware of, but they have ways make warriors strong enough to fight many end game monsters.

Firecrest

Grandmaster
This shard is lacking in a lot of new features the osi shares, But it has a strong community, a large player base and lots of events. If you want to play a paladin here you out of luck! If you want to role play a paladin there is a community for that. We have a large variety of players! I have been consistently playing for over a year now and I am still finding things to do daily, I myself am a full time merchant, @Sir. Is our Knight, we have Orcs running around or at least returning orcs, There is also modified areas to promote PVP, Role playing and other play styles, consistent updates are being made with new items and features while staying very true to pre AOS UO. No trammel but there are a lot of guilds you may join for assistant.

Yes you are on the right shard.

Sir.

Grandmaster
Huzzah! Well done, knight!.. I've heard of paladins, but rarely see them here. (ooc: not the in-game paladin, just knights who RP it well enough)