help with hotkeys please

Spikeszzz

Adept
well today i started to set my hotkeys... i need to get used to them.. but any advice would be appreciated

im a stealth archer with magery
stats: 90str 85dex 50int
wheel up: next target
wheel down: next humanoid

ctrl+
q:attack last target
w:hiding
e:dissarm
º:mini-heal/cure self
1:heal/cure self
2: poison
3:teleport
4:invisivility
5: paralize
numpad2: blade spirit
numpad3: energy vortex
/:accept party inv
decimal:recall docks
0numpad:recall house
space:bank
m: open razor positioning system
z:use item in hand
mouse middle button: target self

1:greater heal
2:cure
3:bless
q:cure pot
w:heal pot
e:explosion pot
r:refresh pot
t:strenght pot
y:agility pot

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
Hi Spikez,

I would suggest making some "core" basic hotkeys. These are ones you will need to use very often. it is very important the way you set these hotkeys up, because it can mean the difference between life and death!

I would deem these as core hotkeys being needed:
(Offensive)
- Paralyze
- Explode
- Poison
- Energy Bolt

(Defensive)
- Mini Heal
- Greater Heal
- Cure
- Teleport

**** I have those set as F1 - F4 and... F5 - F8... and can be set from the 'options" screen in-game.

In addition - "core pots" that I find very essential and important are Greater Cure and Greater Heal. I have G-Cure set as "Mouse scroll down" ... and G-Heal as "Mouse scroll up". I find it very easy to drink these pots, when running. Something important to note is -- if you want to carry pots - I would suggest putting empty bottles inside a bag on you.. than making pots from a keg... in doing so - all of your pots will be bagged, instead being all over your "main bag", since pots are not stackable.

Other spells that I do not use as often, and do not use hotkeys for.. are -
- Invisibility
- Reveal
- Bless
- Weaken
- Magic Resist
- Resurrection
- Reactive Armor
- Blade Spirit
- Energy Vortex

** These spells I have "dragged out" from my spellbook, and I have them on my screen off to the side... so I can still use them easily. I just don't like having a lot of "hotkeys".. because its easy to forget which 1 is which, depending how many you have.

** Mount/Dismount, since you use a regular horse for now - I don't know if its necessary for you to have mount/dismount as a hotkey.

** A hotkey for last target is important to have as well as hiding.
** I personally never used a hotkey for "Next Target" and "Next humanoid". These I do not think you need.
** If you have a weapon in hand and you go to attack a monster -- all you have to do is double click the monster. You could also "Drag out" the monsters life bar onto your screen to make it easier for you to attack. If you want to attack a player, make sure to turn off "Query before performing criminal actions" under the "options" tab in-game. Thus, I do not think you need a hotkey for "use item in hand"... by the way if you hold down "tab" in game, it switches you to "war mode" when held down... you could use this if u wanted too versus clicking the "peace/war mode" on your paperdoll in-game.

** Recall Docks - This I believe you set up as a "macro" in razor right? .. or a "hotkey"?
** Recall House - This I believe you set up as a "macro" in razor right? .. or a "hotkey?

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nanashi

Grandmaster
I used to do the same thing with the ALT+ and whatever key but it got to the point where I felt sluggish and slow to react. I figured that hitting a single key without a combo gives you the best reaction time when it comes to fighting,farming etc. Making a separate profile for each character helps as well. All my characters that include magery have the same basic outline of hotkeys while the dexxers get some but only the basic stuff. Most of my hotkeys I use with only my left hand, I don't need to look at the key board while running around trying to figure out what to cast.

Here is how I did my macros ( NOTE: Using this setup requires you to add a HOTKEY to toggle "Enable/Disable" keys. I use (Alt+T)
This allows you to use the keys and when disabled you can type words freely without accidentally casting a spell or using a pot.
F1= Target nearest grey Alt+F1 disarm right
F2=Target Self Alt+F2 disarm left hand
F3=Target Friendly
F4=cancel Target

Mouse Hot keys
Scroll up = Target closest innocent
Scroll down = Target closest murder
Left side key= Last Target
Bottom side key= Attack last target

Next row of keys 1-9 are primarily defensive spells that I like to cast if I need too
1= Use bandage self Alt+1= Use bandage/target
2=Cast greater heal
3=Cast heal
4=Cure
5=Teleport
6=Invisibility

Next row of keys QWERTY
Q=Poison. Alt+Q=hiding
W=Explosion
E=Ebolt
R=Lightning BOL! LIGHTNING BOLT!
T=Paralyze
Y=Mind Blast

Next row ASDFG
A=Weaken
S=Harm
D=Curse
F=Whatever other spells you want , these are the distrupt spells

Bottom row ZXCVB
Z=Use Heal pot
X=Use Refresh pot
C=Use Cure Pot
V=Use strength pot
B=Use agility

So you get the basic idea of how this works, once I got used to using all these I added combos like say ALT+QWERTY All have different macros tied to them, You can also try CTRL+QWERTY keys or numbers, just your preference. For Example:
My Home macro Hot key = CTRL+SPACE
Town(Skarabra) = ALT+ SPACE
Bank = CTRL+ALT+G Allows me to claim pet,use Kahldun special sentence,guards, bank etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spikeszzz

Adept
i need to find the "cancel target" hotkey nanashi uses with f4, i need it badly

im using
wheel up: target closest non-friendly
wheel down: next target

ctrl+wheel up: target closest red
ctrl+wheel down: target closest blue

and ctrl + w: to attack
F4=cancel Target
but need to find this :(

halygon

Grandmaster
i need to find the "cancel target" hotkey nanashi uses with f4, i need it badly

im using
wheel up: target closest non-friendly
wheel down: next target

ctrl+wheel up: target closest red
ctrl+wheel down: target closest blue

and ctrl + w: to attack

but need to find this :(
You do know that the Esc key cancels the target by default?

Spikeszzz

Adept
You do know that the Esc key cancels the target by default?
oh yea i use it very often but sometimes it remains targeted like with that highlight colour of razor, not for attack, i can attack other target, but if i cast a spell it goes to the yellow char, its kind of weird (i have setted it in yellow "last target highlight")

halygon

Grandmaster
oh yea i use it very often but sometimes it remains targeted like with that highlight colour of razor, not for attack, i can attack other target, but if i cast a spell it goes to the yellow char, its kind of weird (i have setted it in yellow "last target highlight")
I'd love to say do this or that, but I have always found razor cumbersome for some of the smallest tasks, which is why I use UOSteam.

That said, I know there is a line of code you can put into your macros that cancels the target, but I don't know the process of getting razor to put it in there.

Spikeszzz

Adept
ohh well this is wath i was talking about

1cpN648.png

im attacking grey but if i cast a spell it goes to the yellow :/

problem is if the yellow is a friend e_e

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Under options in razor, make sure Que last target and target self is unchecked, also that cancel target que is under "cancel current target" you can also use the next target to cycle thru.

Spikeszzz

Adept
lol how i missed it e_e

i could cylce but sometimes a target remained highlighted like in the pic.

well thanks nanashi ^^