Help

coldcadaver

Neophyte
Hi all, I played this game when it came out in the early 90's. Just started playing again after a 20+ year hiatus and really like this server. I am having some issues with my main char though and would appreciate some help. I have a GM Biologist (not even sure what that is) and my main reason for the build was to create a lumberjack/fletcher. For some reason my skill gains have stopped in both those skills. Lumberjacking is stuck at 89.7 and fletching is stuck at 94.6 (real skill). I have all the skills I'm not interested in turned down so not sure why I cant progress any further. I do have hiding and anatomy maxed at 100 and tactics and archery in the 80's. Any suggestions?

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
I have a GM Biologist (not even sure what that is)
Title from having 100.0 anatomy

Lumberjacking is stuck at 89.7 and fletching is stuck at 94.6 (real skill)
Keep at it, lumber jacking takes for ever to level. If you are tired of hitting trees, switch to mobs, it will hit 100 eventually. Fletching either keep at it or buy skill scrolls, it too takes a bit of time to GM.

I have all the skills I'm not interested in turned down so not sure why I cant progress any further.
When you click the show real button, what is your current skill point total?

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
you are at max skill points then and that is why you are not gaining.

Rattle off the list of skills and points you have on this character.

coldcadaver

Neophyte
archery 79
healing 54.5
sword 24.8
tactics 92.1......crap I see now....been looking at my skills in the default mode and it shows a bunch of random skills with some points in them but when i click on real skills it all changes and I see that I have no points left to burn. Time to figure out which skill I don't want. Thanks for leading me out of this mess! I swear I got carpal tunnel from clicking on trees

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Ok, glad you got it figured out. Make sure you check all the skill 'tabs' while "Show Real" is checked and mark down ones you don't want and lock the ones already at 0.0. Eventually you can work up to a 720 total skill points, but that takes power scrolls.