Helpful Razor Macro Info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I would share some info that I have found through web searching and trial/error. For those who do not know this information I hope that this helps someone like it has me.

Now that UOsteam is soon to be removed as a UOF option some of you may find some MACROS online to fit Razor and unsure how to copy/paste and retrieve those files.

Copy/Paste:
Step 1. Copy then paste the macro that you want into a "Notepad" only folder document.
Step 2. Click on File>Save as. (Macros need to be saved in the format of "filename.macro")
Step 3. Click the drop down menu (Save as Type) and change it to "All Types"

Macros are saved in $APPDATA/Razor/Macros and usually they are hidden.

To fix this follow these steps if you are using Windows:

1. Open your Control Panel and go into folder options. Then click on the view tab and check the box labeled "show hidden files", you should now be able to find your appdata folder and macros.

(Now you can open the following folders using Windows...)

2. Windows XP go to My Computer then Documents and Settings\your user name\Application Data\Razor\Macros

3. Windows 7/Vista go to C:\Users\your user name\appdata\roaming\razor\macros

4. Click and drag your new macro into the Macro folder!

Special Note for Target Relative Location macros. Many people are under the belief that the Target RelLoc function is dead in razor but I have found a simple solution to this problem. This function for example allows you to target a location like ocean water and continue fishing that "area" even though you are not in the exact same tile as before.

This will also get rid of that annoying fishing message "you need to be closer to the water to fish!".

How to fix...

Steps in Razor:
1. Click on the Hot Keys tab
2. In the drop down bullets click on the Misc tab.
3. Scroll down until you see "Resynchronize Client" and set a hotkey for this.
4. In your macro right click a line and choose "Begin Recording Here" (I suggest the beginning of the macro) then hit your hotkey button for "Resynchronize Client".
5. Smile it's only pixels :)!

Thanks,

Kraxus (T.B.E)

Very cool - Is this in the Guides section too?

I have looked for info like this but never found any on the UOF forums. It very well might have been on the old forums and I could have missed it then. I had to google some of it and figure out the rest on my own.

Exmachine

Neophyte
i do all you say but when i click on razor and go to macros the macro i put is empty can you help me with that?

Darkarna

Grandmaster
There was almost a glimmer of hope when I saw the part "Now that UOSteam is being removed as an option", then I noticed the date on original post, almost felt like a severe come down from a weekend of refined night-shade and black pearl powder mixed with garlic.

*shivers*

Status
Not open for further replies.