Hi in new and would like to know the basics

Ibcravinmor

hello to all who see this post I'm new to this game and this "type" of game genre I was wondering if people could answer a few questions for me I will list them now...
1.what is the main way for leveling is it like quests?grinding?
2.what is the main way to make gold and if it requires a trade skill should I do it on a combat toon or a specific crafting toon?
3.is there such a thing as a "shared" bank for all characters on one account or do u just send alts stuff?
4.is there any "addons" for this game? if so what ones are useful?
5.how do I tell which area to level in like difficulty and all of that stuff?
6.is there group dungeons or are they all public like the new player dungeon?
7. is there just pvp zones or are theres instanced battlegrounds and what are rewards?
8.are there "raids"?
9.is there any type of endgame?
10.how long on average does it take people to get their first house
and is that house shared across all toons?

those are most of the questions I can think of if theres anything else I need to know I hope the community will be kind enough to tell me :)

Yoko Kurama

Master
1. you don't level in UO. You get a skill cap of 700 (720 with a full set of power scrolls) You raise skills by using the skills. For a tradeskiller, you will mine or chop wood, or use a skill like tailoring, blacksmithy, alchemy. For raising your combat skills, you simply kill stuff. It is simple.
Also, any skill can be bought/trained by NPC in town up to 50, for 10 gold per point.
2. Specific toon for everything. You get 700 points, so that is enough for a uoforever character, but not enough to mix a tradeskiller and a combat toon.
3. No, however you get 3 accounts. You can have all 3 logged in, and trading is easy. Also, houses can be shared by multiple characters and people.
4. UOAutoMap is really good
5. Stay close to towns at first, your best bet is to explore and ask people. To start, the forest between Vesper and Minoc is very safe, patrolled by the brave EQMS fighters, to keep it safe of vermin. North of brit near the cemetery is another large forest area full of starter creatures. You can kill ogres, trolls, ettins, and other assorted low end stuff for as long as you need. Lots of paragons there as well, and a quick run to town. Also, make sure to always use a mount!
6. Everything is public in UO. Sorry this isn't Candyland.
7. Nothing is really instanced except special events and random dungeon adventure portals. These are still shared and public.
8. Yes, the boss mobs, champions, and random dungeon adventures. Not to mention things the staff do, like special events.
9. Yes the champs, and RDA (random dungeon adventure) as well as hunting in the top end areas.
10. It takes about a week to be able to place one. You need a certain amount of points between account, or a week played. Getting a house is easy, they are shared. You can make the money for a house in about a day.

Any questions, or need some help hunting, hit me up.