higher tier veterans rewards

wreckognize

Grandmaster
every time shane asks for suggestions for dono vendor items, i tell him jet black leather gloves

I would think they would be better suited for veterans than donation, simply because even poor ppl should have access to poor mans black dye tub hue.

Tynder

Master
Some of the total hours on some of these characters are ridiculous. My oldest account is 900 days old and between all of my characters (8) over all three accounts, I have a total play time of about 3,000 hours, which seems about right since I am probably online perhaps 2 to 3 hours a day.

I will admit, having characters logged in, even if they are just idling, does make the server seem more populated if you are looking at UO Gateway. But seems kind of silly to have high end "veteran" hand outs just for logging in on the bank rooftop or previously, at the docks. There are some nights, I will not see a single playing character unless I go to a decently traveled town. Perhaps we should just have everyone get participant medals/trophies kind of like they do for my 6 year old kid's soccer team?

Is there a page where it defines what the rewards are just for showing up and when they are awarded? (I know I am nowhere close due to actually logging off every night...) I could not seem to locate the information in the wiki and my search of the forums just resulted me in finding nothing definitive.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
yes it's in the [conquests menu, under account tab.

I mean i have 500+ days online out of 1000 days, and I'm top five for playtime. This is mostly due to the fact that I owned a vendor mall and spent over a year gating players to it 24 hours a day. But even still I keep my toons logged on to help boost player count, and incase of handouts etc. gibz me munny rite? It's also good for your computer to leave it running instead of shutting it off every day.

Tynder

Master
Ha! I guess I should start AFKing more since none of my toons have anymore than 30 days of online time and it takes 80 days before you get anything at all.

I do leave my machine on, I just don't always have the most reliable ISP. (You would think a suburb of the Twin Cities would have something better than Charter Communications as it's sole cable franchise...) I made a decision to not worry about the handouts since it was largely out of my control if my computer would stay online after I go to bed or if I am out of town for work.

Enjoy your pixel crack! At least this thread hasn't devolved into the whining of "where's my stuff?" like the Vesper Invasion rewards.

Afro Man

Grandmaster
now everyone knows why people afk at WBB all day long everyday!!!!! damn it !!!
mind_blown-5381.gif

Cash is King

Grandmaster
Staff is considering adding more tiers. Stay tuned!

*still tuned*

Been almost a year and still nothing new. Would be nice to have the long-term loyalty rewarded. Either for account age or hours online. Don't believe this is something that would require much though/work to add a few tiers and choose cool reward items.

Something that identifies the veteran status like a necklace or jet black leather gloves with a cool name.