Hit Chance Increase

Amaranth

Novice
Hi, it's me again :D
Can i increase my hit chance? My Archery skill is almost 100 (maybe ~90), but i miss to often. Sometimes i shoot 20 times, but hit only 2 or 3 times :(

halygon

Grandmaster
I was under the impression that +tactics modifiers only add damage to hits, not chance at hitting
For non-archery weapons, the tactics modifier adds DAMAGE. For archery weapons, it adds ACCURRACY. Check it out. Put on a supremely acc bow and see your ARCHERY skill go up instead of tactics.

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
For non-archery weapons, the tactics modifier adds DAMAGE. For archery weapons, it adds ACCURRACY. Check it out. Put on a supremely acc bow and see your ARCHERY skill go up instead of tactics.

Interesting, learn something new every day!

Amaranth

Novice
Example from today - 98% Archery, 5 times miss , 1 hit, another 5 times miss and 1 hit... Against Earth elemental :D This is abnormality :D :D

TheFallen

Grandmaster
It's got the same hit chance calculations as other weapons but can suffer from moving during a shot. As it stands it is still very viable and the only fighting skill that can go above 100 (using weapon modifiers). Since you can not incur any damage using a ranged weapon it is more than balanced for pvm.

Akesha

Novice
It's got the same hit chance calculations as other weapons but can suffer from moving during a shot. As it stands it is still very viable and the only fighting skill that can go above 100 (using weapon modifiers). Since you can not incur any damage using a ranged weapon it is more than balanced for pvm.

i dont think so. if i use a normal kryss i hit more often and do more damage than using a bow.
there is something wrong or anyone hates archery lol ;-)

a good examble is fighting a paragon ettin (hell ya i am new).
fight with kryss or spear under 2 min.

fighting with a bow 3 > min.
this was with 109 tactics...!

well i like archery and dont understand why it sucks here, if i read wiki it says "dont take bow in pvp", that says all or ?

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Lmao. Well you cannot have 109 tactics with archery so stop bs numbers. Yes you are new. Yes archery is the same hit chance as everything else. Yes the fight mint take longer. Because archery is ranged there are trade offs.

Akesha

Novice
Lmao. Well you cannot have 109 tactics with archery so stop bs numbers. Yes you are new. Yes archery is the same hit chance as everything else. Yes the fight mint take longer. Because archery is ranged there are trade offs.

Sorry mistype, i mean archery

vgcsgakh.jpg

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Well the same holds true it is ranged. It's power is fine just look at all the provoke archers. It's hard in pvp because your target will likely run you down if you stand still but is still the only melee that can hit on the run. If your not happy with dps use a different skill but then you have to deal with getting hit back.

Akesha

Novice
so i had to play mage as alternative, because its the only range skill.... oh i forget the alchemist.... well thats not my playstyle, i thought uo offer for all the same rights but thats seems not true.

thx for answer