Honestly will be shocked if Staff follows through on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Then I guess we need to deal with you... I saw you outside of my house. Hope you liked the pics you got... because if not come back tonight I can do better poses.

guess i need a better Ghillie suit. that was a waste of $100. :(

I agree 100% that personal attacks have no place on the PVP forums... it creates a toxic community and a disincentive for new players/groups to try out PVP. I even went so far as to PM a POWER member(the main offenders of the personal attack wave) asking if I made a post asking people to pledge to stop using IRL attacks would they agree to it. Of course, the answer was no.

actually if you mean you pmed me? i never said no i ignored you cos you are a complete *. would you like a SS?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
guess i need a better Ghillie suit. that was a waste of $100. :(

actually if you mean you pmed me? i never said no i ignored you cos you are a complete *. would you like a SS?

So then you and the rest of POWER would agree to stop using IRL attacks on a video game forum because youre upset over PVP?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
So then you and the rest of POWER would agree to stop using IRL attacks on a video game forum because youre upset over PVP?

Buy a bro a pizza and i will think about it.

Apart from " buy a bro a pizza and your wife jokes ive never gone RL" so i wouldn't know and both of these should be laughed at and not taken so fucking seriously i mean where is the harm?

Its not like people have stalked your RL or put spys in other peoples T/S recording shit you can use at a later date its all infomation that you or guildies have thrown out there and is common knowlegde or comeplete BS.

P.S dont you record other peoples voice coms so you can troll them later?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Buy a bro a pizza and i will think about it.

Apart from " buy a bro a pizza and your wife jokes ive never gone RL" so i woudln't know and both of these shoudl be laughed at and not taken so fucking seriously i mean where is the harm?

Where is the harm? Why would anything not related to UO be appropriate shit talk for a UO PVP forum? Just because you think it should be laughed at means everyone should feel the same way? What if I think it should be laughed at that you play UO for 8hours a day instead of tending to your daughter -- I think it should be laughed at and not taken so seriously, where is the harm?

Im curious as to why you think its important to allow IRL shit talk against people you PVP in a video game? What does it add to the community?

Bromista

Grandmaster
wow FFS here we go again. who gives a shit?

1. its a old games forums if you are sensitive about your RL dont put your pics/rl out there keep that shit for social media and friends.
2. Dont get so offended by some moron 4k miles away says your wife is fat and loves BBC it doesnt matter, nobody knows you, nobody cares its just for giggles
3. i agree if people start stalking peoples rl/soical media then it becomes and an issue and shoudl be dealt with
Incorrect assessment, but you're entitled to be incorrect!

It's cool that people talk shit about in-game goings in and what have you. But even if your douchenozzle guildmates 100% made shit up about a person's RL (and they do) to get a rise out of them and do it on a regular basis...it quite frankly does not matter the level of offense that the intended target receives. It's a pattern of behavior that is bad for business which is furthered by perceived lack of action on the part of staff if left unchecked.

Staff is already small enough as is so not only would it be a courtesy to them to not keep them so preoccupied with petty shit, it's also an impossible task to expect posts to be moderated in a timely manner. In some cases at all.

Like I said I have done my part of goading shitty behavior out of people. In doing so I have consumed some of staffs time. Was it for the greater good? I thought so, when staff was doing a better job of handling matters. Unfortunately for everyone some of the mods have been more preoccupied than they were when they started. So I have definitely cooled it on playing forun vigilante a bit. Even though it seems like a time when one is needed most, it's just not a fruitful endeavor and a waste of time.

No one here knows what my wife actually looks like (thank god, I mean what would happen if someone as sensitive as I am let that out there?) but what does it matter? Look at the pattern of behavior, see how it has implications greater than face value, and get your head out of your ass dude.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Incorrect assessment, but you're entitled to be incorrect!

It's cool that people talk shit about in-game goings in and what have you. But even if your douchenozzle guildmates 100% made shit up about a person's RL (and they do) to get a rise out of them and do it on a regular basis...it quite frankly does not matter the level of offense that the intended target receives. It's a pattern of behavior that is bad for business which is furthered by perceived lack of action on the part of staff if left unchecked.

Staff is already small enough as is so not only would it be a courtesy to them to not keep them so preoccupied with petty shit, it's also an impossible task to expect posts to be moderated in a timely manner. In some cases at all.

Like I said I have done my part of goading shitty behavior out of people. In doing so I have consumed some of staffs time. Was it for the greater good? I thought so, when staff was doing a better job of handling matters. Unfortunately for everyone some of the mods have been more preoccupied than they were when they started. So ai have definitely cooled it on playing forun vigilante. Even though it seems like a time when one is needed most, it's just jot a fruitful endeavor and a waste of time.

No one here knows what my wife actually looks like (thank god, I mean what would happen if someone as sensitive as I am let that out there?) but what does it matter? Look at the pattern of behavior, see how it has implications greater than face value, and get your head out of your ass dude.

Post invalid you are on par with Aga for rl stalking and recived the first ban for posting Ghosts RL work address and his phone numbers.

This is the kind of shit that should be dealt with. Not some guy saying " buy a bro a pizza" or someone saying you have a fat wife......

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Post invalid you are on par with Aga for rl stalking and recived the first ban for posting not only Ghosts RL work address and his phone numbers.

This is the kind of shit that shoudl be dealth with. Not some guy saying " buy a bro a pizza"

Why is one acceptable and one isnt... because you said so? What does me buying someone in my guild a pizza because they had lost their job and hadnt eaten in almost 2 days have to do with UO? If you can explain that, then maybe I will see why you feel it should be allowed on a UO forum.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Why is one acceptable and one isnt... because you said so? What does me buying someone in my guild a pizza because they had lost their job and hadnt eaten in almost 2 days have to do with UO? If you can explain that, then maybe I will see why you feel it should be allowed on a UO forum.

cos 1 could have a RL impact on ghost? and the other one mean nothing? what if someone started calling him at work or even worse turned up on his door step lol?

are you serious?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Post invalid you are on par with Aga for rl stalking and recived the first ban for posting Ghosts RL work address and his phone numbers.

This is the kind of shit that should be dealt with. Not some guy saying " buy a bro a pizza" or someone saying you have a fat wife......
I did not do either of things?

Aren't you a part of the R&F PM?

Lol oughta know better but doesn't care to hear it and is coming to the defense of someone who spent much of his time here temp banned and is now perma banned from game and forums.

Good talk.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I did not do either of things?

Aren't you a part of the R&F PM?

Lol oughta know better but doesn't care to hear it and is coming to the defense of someone who spent much of his time here temp banned and is now perma banned from game and forums.

Good talk.

im not coming to ghosts defense lol im the president of the "ghosts is a * fan club" im saying you crying cos one of the aussie said you had a fat wife and work in a factory is nothing compared to posting people RL address and phone number on a public forums and is pretty two faced for you to even comment on other peoples RL comments being you are in the top 5 RL comment culprits on UOF.

Bromista

Grandmaster
im not coming to ghosts defense lol im the president of the "ghosts is a * fan club" im saying you crying cos one of the aussie said you had a fat wife and work in a factory is nothing compared to posting people RL address and phone number on a public forums and is pretty two faced for you to even comment on other peoples RL comments being you are in the top 5 RL comment culprits on UOF.
And has been banned from every server he has ever been a part of*

And again, did none of those things.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
It seems everytime we "ease up" on being heavy handed the community ends up suffering for it.
There was a reason when we first started out why people were handed bans VERY easily, and that community was a great community because of it.

I think everyone's seen both sides of the fence now and hopefully understand why we handed out bans so much back then.

The only people who would disagree with this original post are the people doing the nonsense posts all over the forums and turning this into 4chan.

I kind of brought this up in the AMA and talked to the staff about it a lot, i've noticed it more and more lately and i have been handing out forum bans like free snacks in middle school.

Last edited by a moderator:

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
cos 1 could have a RL impact on ghost? and the other one mean nothing? what if someone started calling him at work or even worse turned up on his door step lol?

are you serious?

So one of those being really bad makes the other one acceptable? How about both are unacceptable...

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster

Hey guys murder is way worse than rape so lets make rape legal...

Bromista

Grandmaster
So one of those being really bad makes the other one acceptable? How about both are unacceptable...
Lol just disregard. Malk operates at a diminished mental capacity. He highlighted why in the SL Skype group but I won't say anything about his history here because of personal attacks, etc. Malk hasn't attacked my RL, only by proxy and that's a stretch, so I wouldn't dain to retaliate.

Besides he's just here defending people who have driven players away.

PM sent.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Lol just disregard. Malk operates at a diminished mental capacity. He highlighted why in the SL Skype group but I won't say anything about his history here because of personal attacks, etc. Malk hasn't attacked my RL, only by proxy and that's a stretch, so I wouldn't dain to retaliate.

Besides he's just here defending people who have driven players away.

PM sent.

LAWL

Status
Not open for further replies.