How do you loot?

Tarraz

Expert
I’m currently using the UO Steam ‘Gridded’ loot system. When a monster dies it pops up with 4 items which you can left click to instantly grab. Are the four items on display random or are they always the rarest item? I ask because this works great for bashing ettins quickly, but I don’t want to miss a relic should the monster of the month drop one and the gridded loot system doesn’t display it as an initial loot item.

I only noticed last night that when you are looting from something with many items, like you own dead body, you have to keep clicking the items. What would be the best and fastest way to loot?

DrSaso

Master
That's how i do it,click the boxes i want. No idea about ordering though.... it's a good point. For this motm they tyoically have less than 6 items in main bsckbag (internal bags counted as a singlr item) so any drops should be on the first screen :)

Pain to loot corpse though..... either have to click each box with a slight pause between or check all the ticks and wait for it to pick up each item. Find if you spam the boxes it will leave half the loot behind.... then i use the grab hotkey to pick up anything i click but didn't pick up due to timing.

Miss the double click on corpse to loot and dress all xD

Ludwig

Grandmaster
No wonder I miss gold and scroll drops to greedy tamers with this "gridded" hack bullshit.

I'm manual all the way.

DrSaso

Master
You should convert ;) it's not perfect but find it more streamlined by just clicking two squares (typically gold and arrows for me) then moving on than click,drag,hit ok on number, click backback. :D

Tarraz

Expert
You should convert ;) it's not perfect but find it more streamlined by just clicking two squares (typically gold and arrows for me) then moving on than click,drag,hit ok on number, click backback. :D

Yes, it's fast. My only fear is if something decent drops and it's not in the initial four squares it may get missed. I had a ettin drop a spell book and luckily it was in the four squares otherwise I'd have missed it. Maybe there is some kind of priorty to what is displayed?

jkg8787

Master
Grid system when I plan on doing a lot of looting (also because Steam has the "grab" command too. Great for T-maps.

Tip for gridded. Leave a slight delay between clicks. You're clicking too fast if you have to re-click the items. Basically you're going too fast for the queued actions so it "drops" a few actions. By leaving a slight pause between clicks you will not overflow the action queue

jkg8787

Master
Yes, it's fast. My only fear is if something decent drops and it's not in the initial four squares it may get missed. I had a ettin drop a spell book and luckily it was in the four squares otherwise I'd have missed it. Maybe there is some kind of priorty to what is displayed?
Not sure what you mean exactly.

First, its 6 squares, not 4. Also if there is more than 6 items on a corpse when you click an item the slot gets filled up with a new item that can also be clicked.

Jakaro

Master
Manual looting all the way. Auto-open new/nearby coprses. Hold shift and go wild. People freak out about how fast I loot, but I've always been manual. Scripting is for neebies. <3

. dragtobag set to a hotkey in sallos and just hold it down and start clicking stuff, it'll even queue items if you click too fast, and you don't have to drag it to your pack, it brings up a crosshair and will drag whatever you target to your pack.

Xiulan

Master
In steam if you set looting to "both" the gridded thing pops up as well as the loot chest, and if you see anything good that didn't appear in the first squares of the grid you click the arrow for next page as fast as you can.

Young Star

Grandmaster
i set my liot system to both. loot most eith the grid. if there is something i know i need to compete for i use the default corpse box to grab it. the grid has a slight delay before it shows up and steams grab item hotkey has a delay too.

In the UO menu there is an option to turn off cascading containers. That way any newly opened container comes up in the top right corner.

Marksiums

Novice
I agree script looting is for newbies, if you want a computer to do everything for you, why play the game? Manual all the way because I enjoy playing the game not letting the computer play it for me.