how do you price magic weapons and armor?

tader

Expert
Greetings!
I have been enjoying doing treasure chests but I have the issue of not knowing what the value of items are. Can anyone give some advice on how to price, and what modifiers raise the price of magic gear?

Specifically right now I have a massive vanquishing eminently accurate hammer pick. I want to throw it on a vendor and have it not so expensive it doesn't sell, but not so cheap that I am getting ripped off. What should I be keeping vs dropping off at the vendor? Thanks in advance for you time!

Alas

Adept
I am not busy vendor person.. but this is how I have judged it.
Selling
Power weapons with mods.. 1k
Vanq weapons with no mod 1.5k
Vanq with mod 2k unless its supremely and indest. add some value to it then.
Vanq/Power weapons with Slayer mods I will usually collect and sell as a lot on the forum.

Anything less than that I normally sell to a vendor and just make a 250-450 sell.

Hope this helps a little.

tader

Expert
I am not busy vendor person.. but this is how I have judged it.
Selling
Power weapons with mods.. 1k
Vanq weapons with no mod 1.5k
Vanq with mod 2k unless its supremely and indest. add some value to it then.
Vanq/Power weapons with Slayer mods I will usually collect and sell as a lot on the forum.

Anything less than that I normally sell to a vendor and just make a 250-450 sell.

Hope this helps a little.
That helps a lot, thank you. What about armor? I have been saving my invulnerable drops but was unsure if it sells.

Alas

Adept
I have been saving invul to build sets hadn't thought of a price yet.
Everything else I sell to vendors...make pretty good profit off armor. The heater shields no one loots usually get about 450-600 gp.
I followed a tamer once on my stealth and only took the armor that he didn't want and made out extremely well without any major work.

PC Loadletter

Journeyman
Search the word 'pricing' and you'll find a somewhat dated forum post about a scheme for pricing magic items; it's a decent starting point.

I *am* a busy vendor person. Different weapons are more or less popular; unfortunately hammer picks are towards the bottom of the popularity list. Same for armor - leather is popular, ring is not. You'll figure it out; it's part of the game.