How does pet stat loss work?

Tangent

Apprentice
I'm worried about a negative loop where my pet loses stats, then becomes weaker and dies really easily. Then my dragon may have the stats of a house cat because each time it is easier to kill than the last.

I couldn't find any information on this!

Messremb

Grandmaster
pretty much just bend over and grab your ankles cause stat loss is going to rape you.

stat loss is 1% on death with no limit, and skill gain is same as players.

most players get around it by have throwaway fresh tames to use for anything where the pet will likely die

any ways GL sir.

Edit* only good thing is you can use skill scrolls on pets.

Tangent

Apprentice
Thanks for the information, good to know. Right now I have champ spawns in mind, and based on what I see at those I would expect at a champ spawn a pet could easily die even multiple times... especially when there is both holiday spawn and PKs at a single spawn to contend with fairly frequently. So, given there is no floor I may simply plan on my pets being disposable fodder with a shelf life. No wonder at champ spawns people are so cautionary with their pets! Hit & run & hide really isn't that appealing of a play style but it seems that is the strategy tamers take in a few situations, especially champs spawns.