How frequently do legendary LJs harvest unordinary logs?

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
I was so confused when I first got a snake when lumberjacking, I thought a GM was sitting there checking to see if I was AFK.

Why a snake anyway? Surely a reaper or something would make more sense.

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
I was so confused when I first got a snake when lumberjacking, I thought a GM was sitting there checking to see if I was AFK.

Why a snake anyway? Surely a reaper or something would make more sense.

A skilled and knowledgeable lumberjack would never attempt to chop down a reaper! However he might not see that pesky snake when dreaming of the frost wood he's going to get when he comes to that tree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
A skilled and knowledgeable lumberjack would never attempt to chop down a reaper! However he might not see that pesky snake when dreaming of the frost wood he's going to get when he comes to that tree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose so, still it would be pretty funny.

"As you begin to chop the tree you see its eyes slowly opening..."

Flamestrike. Flamestrike. Grey screen.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Did they spawn before and it change? It's prob been a month since I've lumber jacked
Have been Giant Snakes since I started back in October.

I think they should be silvers.
Hush your face. :p 25 hp poison ticks plus melee damage will drop a lot of harvesters, especially those with little to no combat skills. Before I took up swords (reluctantly), I would lead them to the guard zones to guard whack them, then stand near the ankh in MoonGlow while the poison ticked.

I've been lumberjacking hard for the past couple weeks, and found for the first 800 i had ~100 more frost per blood. By the time I'd reached my 1k stack, they had evened out. I just sold 1k frost for 500k, so i'll just put my sorry out there, that you didn't buy the ps and 5 ss at 115. My two cents: if you plan on cutting 100k logs, race to 120 and start bringing in those frostwoods.

Boat season's changed the wood game!

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
I hit 100k normal on my 100 LJ WAY faster (2 days) then I do with my 120 LJ. It really depends on what your goals are. If you are just LJing for the 35% PvM bonus or to GM Carp or Fletch - 100 is a good stopping place. If you want to use LJing as a money making skill, yes 120 (116 for Frost) is a must.
If I hadn't already GM'd Flech and Carp, I'd still have a 120 and a 100. I've since started moving the 100 guy towards 120 so he can start harvesting the money making wood as well.

Tynder

Master
I did end up purchasing a 120 LJ last week and I swear, the ordinary log ratio is still 72+%. Over about 50,000 logs since purchasing the PS, I would say I am 72% ordinary, 15% oak, 5% ash, 3% yew, 3% heartwood, 1% bloodwood, 1% frostwood. The increase in non-ordinary wood from 115 to 120 is not really lighting my world on fire. But as mentioned, you need to be at least 116 to harvest frostwood, so at least that is a bonus. 1,000 frostwood logs? That is a lot of chopping.

With respect to the lower end woods, such as oak, I have fletched a little bit with it and I see that yes, I can make slayers and yes, I can make magic weapons. I have not done any fletching with the higher end stuff as I do not have an over-abundance of them. Question: Can a crafted slayer bow end up with a magic modifier? Or are they mutually exclusive?

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Those percentages sound about right. Most of my Hi end logs come from the snakes, but they seem to be few and far between this past week, on 2 guys I've maybe kill 9 snakes in the past few days harvesting an hour at a time with about 6 harvest runs. :( Yes, crafted slayers can have modifiers, the higher the wood the better chances. With oak I think the best you can get would be an exceptional (slayer) of ruin, or what ever the lowest is.

Sent from my Lenovo B8080-F using Tapatalk