How in the heck....

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
Did this titan get trapped in this house???

It only has teleporters for entrances.

bootyt10.jpg

I noticed the titan spawn was light and slow on booty so I went around trying figure out if some of it had been dragged off, and I found this.

I can't understand it cuz it's nowhere near the spawn point, several screens west.

Anyway, it screws up the spawn, so please take it out of the house somehow. I mean, it's one thing when they get dragged off and you have to go looking for them, but this takes that spawn entirely out of the game for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Salsa

Grandmaster
Mobs can go through teleporters, if it's set to anybody. People set them up as pet traps and then a mob unfortunately uses it and is stuck.

Best course of action is an in game page.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
Ohhhh, if it's set to anybody I could go in there and kill the MOB. Didn't even think of that.

Except that would cause my talisman to short out, and I'd have to wait 15 minutes to use it again. Sucky. Gotta be careful not to shoot a MOB from someone's steps, which can be tricky when you're running around all those houses.

Seems like kinda a frivolous thing to go paging a GM over, but at the same time it's really annoying.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
So I just went over there and decided eff it, I'm gonna go in there to clear the mob and just take the talisman downtime.

But all the teleporters are innaccessable, which means this player reset them after the titan was inside. This is against the rules.

From http://www.uoforever.com/rules.php

"Do not block any NPC's or Monsters of any type in your home for any reason."

I think people who do this should lose their house for it, cuz the only purpose it serves is to detract from everyone else's game -and it's expressly against the rules!

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
illega11.jpg

That's me running back and forth between the two accessible teleporter tiles. I believe GM Patrick is mistaken in saying the teleporters were set to anyone.

Unless it's that other teleporter tile to the east I'd have to rel por to, but how could the mob get on there in the first place? No. This is absolutely intentional.

thestand

Grandmaster
illega11.jpg

That's me running back and forth between the two accessible teleporter tiles. I believe GM Patrick is mistaken in saying the teleporters were set to anyone.

Unless it's that other teleporter tile to the east I'd have to rel por to, but how could the mob get on there in the first place? No. This is absolutely intentional.
Monsters and pets can use the one without steps.

Dig'em

Grandmaster
illega11.jpg

That other teleporter is most likely set to anyone, pets and mobs can move on that diagonal axis but players can't

Swayze

Grandmaster
illega11.jpg

It's the single teleporter on the east. Players cannot access it but mobs can.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
It's the single teleporter on the east. Players cannot access it but mobs can.

Like I keep saying... intentional. It would be pretty hard to write this off as a fluke, since the mobs can only be lured in there by someone with access to the restricted teleporter tiles.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
That other teleporter is most likely set to anyone, pets and mobs can move on that diagonal axis but players can't

Which makes this totally intentional. I mean, come on. The house is clearly *designed* to trap mobs (and give players no recourse to get at them) And trapping mobs in houses is against the rules.

Swayze

Grandmaster
Like I keep saying... intentional. It would be pretty hard to write this off as a fluke, since the mobs can only be lured in there by someone with access to the restricted teleporter tiles.

You don't even need to be the owner, co owner or friend of that house to trap a mob/pet with that set up so to say it was intentional of that owner would be unfair.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
No. That defies all reason. Whether or not the owner has friends and co-owners using his mob trap house doesn't in any way counter the argument that the house is designed for this end. Again, unless you want to say he/she just designed it this way for some other reason, and it's all just a big flukey ball of coincidence that it functions perfectly to trap mobs... mobs that need to be lured in by the owner/friend/co-owner. :rolleyes:

Swayze

Grandmaster
Trapping pets is allowed (so, that would mean making a pet trap - exactly what this is is allowed), trapping mobs is not allowed.... you are making unfair assumptions that they are intentionally doing that. I just tested this exact house, I was able to lure a mob onto the pet trap and I have no affiliation with that plot whatsoever.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
Regardless, it functions in this way, and by design. There are two problems with making excuses for this kind of thing...

1. It goes against the rules of this shard, which explicitly state that players may not trap NPCs or monsters in a house. So in order to allow pet-trapping, you also have to allow mob trapping. Because clearly, nobody can tell the difference.

2. It degrades the game for other players, by taking MOBs out of the spawns ppl are farming. That house is always full of spawn ppl can't get at, and it is that way by *design* -regardless of so-called "intent."

While you're worried about "fairly judging intent," it continues to functionally serve as a MOB TRAPPING HOUSE. I've never once seen a pet trapped in there, which means it functionally serves as a mob trap 99.9% of the time. Trapping mobs in houses is against the rules.

You can't rely on people's intentions in this game anyway. If they can dual use their houses for breaking the rule on MOB trapping with plausible deniability, they'll grief the world doing exactly that.

Is that all worth allowing pet trapping? Maybe only pets, not mobs, should be able to use teleport tiles.

Anyway, if nothing else, this is definitely one for the staff to chew on, rather than sweep under the rug.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
If you can't code that in, how about making it rule that house owners are responsible for following the rules? Because really, it wouldn't be that hard for them to make sure they were.

It only takes a second to change the access on a teleporter tile. So if they want to trap a pet, they can change the access at that time and do it. But they're not allowed to leave it that way and let their house fill up with spawn other players might want to farm. And, again, it only takes a second to change a teleporter tile access, so why does it have to be left on all the time trapping mobs?

Come to think of it, I think the fact that it is left on *does* show intent -or at the very least negligence that results in rule breaking that negatively impacts the game for others. Because they damn well know other spawn will get trapped in there if they leave it on.

"Do not block any NPC's or Monsters of any type in your home for any reason."

No reason = no excuses.

And it's a good rule, one that should be meaningfully enforced. I mean this is UO. Passive aggressive social outcast Griefy McJerkForBrains is probably reading this post right now thinking about how he can go lure all the spawn in the area into that house, then just claim he was merely "running away" from it all and things just sorta worked out that way by coinkydink. :rolleyes:

Cheapsuit

Master
The time you've spent investigating this house you could have spent that time farming somewhere else. There are many lands to explore here. Happiness is a choice.

Shortbus

Grandmaster
I say you quit your bitching/moaning/complaining and deal with the game.

Its a pet trap house. It happens. Few of them on the island.

You ***** about pirates always sinking you. Just deal with it and move on.

Wanna see me *****...stop making new selling threads daily and alter/change/bump your old ones. Takes 2 seconds.

Dont call out gms for what you think are broken mechanics when it is working as intended. It wasnt an intentional mob trap. Some dumbass probably lured it over and was fighting it when it went on the steps.

Tldr stfu already and play the game like the rest of us.