How Long Did It Take You To GM Taming?

Thaoden

Journeyman
SO should i gm Peacemaking/magery before starting taming? In the past i have tried not to use any skills except taming and animal lore until i gm but seems like on this server it does not matter how high your over all skill is.. I already have a few TS to chomp down but i will not eat any until i have enough to take me from where ever im at to 120 (ie. if i only get 15 i wont use them until i hit 105)

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
I found peacemaking very beneficial when training. It's an easy skill to pick up, so I'd suggest trying it and dropping it if you don't like it

God.RG

Grandmaster
About two days. Scrolls were a lot tougher to find than I thought they would be.. Along w noobs jacking up prices/fucking the economy for an extra 10k in their pockets..

Thaoden

Journeyman
The economy and demand jacked the price up. People are paying 350k all day long for them. I sold 4 yesterday at that price without doing much more then saying no to the 250k offers and 300k offers.

God.RG

Grandmaster
The economy and demand jacked the price up. People are paying 350k all day long for them. I sold 4 yesterday at that price without doing much more then saying no to the 250k offers and 300k offers.
and THAT is what is fucking the economy.
i hope you need scrolls one day and someone bends you over with a 500k offer.

just because you get on forums and some noob has a thread called "paying 350k for taming ss," doesnt meant that is the "going rate." that means he is a fucking idiot.

Thaoden

Journeyman
Basic economics. The supply is low the demand is high therefore the price is going up. Your the noob for not understanding UO economics. Now rage some more

God.RG

Grandmaster
Righttttt.
It's not the demand that drives them up.. It's the nubs scrounging for extra pennies here and there

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
well the problem is (from what ive been reading) is that the drop rate slowed down..it only makes sense the price will drive up. who knows, could reach a mil in a month or so... now im not sure if its actually true they slowed down the spawn on them but I hope it....I thought 250 was already ridiculous

Thaoden

Journeyman
I am under the understanding that the drop rate halfed last month. And everyone and there dog is building a tamer. 20 SS's at 300k is 6 mill, then they need a meta at 14 mill so just to build this character its costing people 20 mill+ F that but I am down with charging people 175K and 1k dono for 1 SS (God.RG) haha

Thaoden

Journeyman
Oh and to expand a little. if you wanted to donate and sell dono to pay for your tamer you would need 117k dono so around 350 bucks donation lol @ the tamer and the guy who gave me 20 dollars worth of currency to get 1.0 tamining skill

Thaoden

Journeyman
@VFinger, after he accepted first thing he did was call me a kind person ass noob. Wouldnt want to sell much to him anyway

God.RG

Grandmaster
I stick by it too.
Btw, I didn't buy those coins with rl money.. I just know how to play a pretty simple game..

ShinPi

Grandmaster
Oh and to expand a little. if you wanted to donate and sell dono to pay for your tamer you would need 117k dono so around 350 bucks donation lol @ the tamer and the guy who gave me 20 dollars worth of currency to get 1.0 tamining skill
Trying to be a smart ass is not ur best bud. Those as u say haha u gave me 20 did no such thing they donated to KEEP this server going and chose to use it for ss Hmmm haha u say I say u ty for those who donate. :).. but hey if someone has the hundreds to pay to get there tamer up who are we to say. Those who talk shit are just haters. I'll end on that

lollo

Grandmaster
I stick by it too.
Btw, I didn't buy those coins with rl money.. I just know how to play a pretty simple game..

You also gotta have a really interesting RL if you can afford to waste like 20 mills for taming (considering you also pvp, you have to play like what, 4-8 hours a day every day?)

Honestly, if I really wanted a tamer (which i don't) i'd rather spend 350 bucks which I can earn in 3 days of work instead of wasting 400 hours farming (@50k an hour)

And yeah, i'm posting this in a 15 yo game forum blablablabla fuck you.

God.RG

Grandmaster
You also gotta have a really interesting RL if you can afford to waste like 20 mills for taming (considering you also pvp, you have to play like what, 4-8 hours a day every day?)

Honestly, if I really wanted a tamer (which i don't) i'd rather spend 350 bucks which I can earn in 3 days of work instead of wasting 400 hours farming (@50k an hour)

And yeah, i'm posting this in a 15 yo game forum blablablabla fuck you.
Haha no, actually.
I work 60-70 hours a week plus I have my kid 3-4 nights a week.

I get in some time here and there.. But really, it's just time management. Plus, I'm not saying I HAVENT donated.. But the coins I had at that time, I didn't donate for those.

Being in the best guild on the server helps too ;)