How many Ingots to go from 50 to GM Blacksmithy?

LandoFleet

Apprentice
Hi there,

how many ingots do one roughly need to get to GM BS?

And is it worth to have GM Blacksmith when you're quite sure you wont get to 120 BS any time soon?
I have no Powerscrolls nor do I have the money to buy them.

What will be the difference between 100 and 120?

Thanks in advance!

Regards Lando

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
I forgot how many I went through at the crafter's guild in Britain. I want to say somewhere between 15k-20k plus however many thieves can take from you.

The difference between 100 & 120 is success rate of the higher end armors; namely plate mail and dragon plate.

I don't think 120 will give 100% on exceptional, but you should be able to make them with a 100% success.

Yoko Kurama

Master
No real need to get gm, you can BoD at like 70 I think? About 30-50k ingots if you make short spears, and use a blacksmith SS or 2.

Right now, the market is flooded with smiths and weapons. If you are just looking for some gm armor and weapons, feel free to hit me up Ill make you all the exceptional you can use.

ps- if you are going to invest a few 100k, your best bet is to join EQMS and you will become rich and powerful in no time.

LandoFleet

Apprentice
Okay thanks for you information!
I'd like to have a BS for repairing my good weapons...

@Yoko, how exactly do I get rich with EQMS? And what means "few" 100k?

AssHat

Grandmaster
12-15k tops, when 1k iron ingots stops giving 1 whole point use SS cheaper than. and to pull bods use gm smiths.

Blacksmith
0 – 35 I recommend you buy your skills. 350gp is a lot easier to get a hold of then the ingots you’ll be using to get up to 35.
35 – 45 Making ringmail. Start with the sleeves and work up to the legs and tunic.
45 – 55 Making heavy weapons. Start with heavy swords (long, broad, Viking) then add in krysses, and as you get mid 50s start with big two handed axes.
55 – 65 Making Short Spears and plate gorgets.
65 – 75 Making Long Spears and gorgetes.
75 – 85 Making plate sleeves and helms
85 – 95 Making plate legs.
95 – 100 Making Breast Plates.
100-120s You will use about as much ingots as you used to get to 100 so be prepared.

The following list is the most economical way to GM Blacksmithing, here is listed the skill you need along with the required materials.

0 29.1 Buy with Gold
29.1 49.5 Dagger 3 Ingots
49.5 95.2 S Spear 6 Ingots
95.3 106.3 P Gorg 10 Ingots
106.3 108.8 P Glove 12 Ingots
108.8 112.5 P Helm 15 Ingots
112.5 116.2 P Arms 18 Ingots
116.2 118.7 P Legs 20 Ingots
118.7 120.0 P Tunic 25 Ingots

dont forget to be in a dungeon while working skills for 50% bonus skill gain!!!

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
I kept count on my last blacksmith. I went from 50 to 100 in a dungon (skillgain bonus) without skill scrolls using 29k iron ingots (no recycles included) so with remelting you could do it with around 22k i guess.

Bromista

Grandmaster
All dungeon, minimal PK loss, roughly 19k-27k-25k for my three smiths iirc (no smelting on last two so yeah that sounds exactly right) and AssHat broke it down very accurately. Skilled to GM then SS from there.

Some people recommend using the resource return of the Crafter's Guild and protection of town guards in favor of the dungeon bonus, but not me.

LandoFleet

Apprentice
When you say dungeon, do this little caves with forge and anvil also count as dungeon? Or are there any forges and anvils in real dungeons like despise or something else?

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
When you say dungeon, do this little caves with forge and anvil also count as dungeon? Or are there any forges and anvils in real dungeons like despise or something else?
No, it has to be in a dungeon, not a mining cave. The only one I know to date is the Orc Dungeon.

Wow. You must be easier to provoke than a mongbat, Bromista.
In all honesty, I can't blame him. Not only is that poster discouraging another player with false information, but also turing that around into a recruitment/propaganda post filled with more lies. I've only been here for a half a year and little encounters with EQMS, but this sort of posts make me resent them.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Basically only the orc cave has forge and anvil. Little caves are not on the dungeon plane, this no skill bonus.

Err yeah Elizabeth nailed it.

halygon

Grandmaster
Hi there,

how many ingots do one roughly need to get to GM BS?

And is it worth to have GM Blacksmith when you're quite sure you wont get to 120 BS any time soon?
I have no Powerscrolls nor do I have the money to buy them.

What will be the difference between 100 and 120?

Thanks in advance!

Regards Lando
I did mine in brit crafting zone exclusively and it took me 29k ingots from 50-GM. I had it documented on the forums somewhere, but I think that might have been deleted in the great Carl crash of 2014.

You won't want to train BS from GM to 120, the cost per ingot per point is greater than the cost per Skill Scroll.

Being 120 smithy nets you better BODs, allows you to craft with a higher success and exceptional chances, allows you to get/do the quest for the Soul Forge, and Increases the chance to make (and makes possible) legendary crafted items.

Nakor

Expert
I did mine in brit crafting zone exclusively and it took me 29k ingots from 50-GM. I had it documented on the forums somewhere, but I think that might have been deleted in the great Carl crash of 2014.

You won't want to train BS from GM to 120, the cost per ingot per point is greater than the cost per Skill Scroll.

Being 120 smithy nets you better BODs, allows you to craft with a higher success and exceptional chances, allows you to get/do the quest for the Soul Forge, and Increases the chance to make (and makes possible) legendary crafted items.

Where do you get the quest?

Disregard, I looked at your link