How to fix meta skill loss for everyone.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Main issue is lvl 7 but this could apply to any level.

Issues: pets can't gain skills past a certain point without using ss and control.

Solution: have level 7 pets still track xp and at 3-5m your pet will revert to fresh level 7 stats. This allows those who actually use their pets an option to work their way back to Mac skills. 3m xp is a ton and will basically avoid any abuse. Now as far as control it would make sense that every time you rollover your pet you gain a little extra control. So your pet could go from 120 requirements to 119 and Max out at 110.

None of this would unbalance anything and would allow players to actively "work" their pet to improve it.

As far as lower level pets when your pet reaches the point of rolling over to the next level it would be nice to get a Gump allowing you to rollover your pet or restart current level with Max stats.

It just does not make any sense that people will actively throw away pet experience because a lesser version of their pet is better.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Main issue is lvl 7 but this could apply to any level.

Issues: pets can't gain skills past a certain point without using ss and control.

Solution: have level 7 pets still track xp and at 3-5m your pet will revert to fresh level 7 stats. This allows those who actually use their pets an option to work their way back to Mac skills. 3m xp is a ton and will basically avoid any abuse. Now as far as control it would make sense that every time you rollover your pet you gain a little extra control. So your pet could go from 120 requirements to 119 and Max out at 110.

None of this would unbalance anything and would allow players to actively "work" their pet to improve it.

As far as lower level pets when your pet reaches the point of rolling over to the next level it would be nice to get a Gump allowing you to rollover your pet or restart current level with Max stats.

It just does not make any sense that people will actively throw away pet experience because a lesser version of their pet is better.

Great idea... but OMG 3 mil. It took me 6 months of normal game play to do 1.2mil... 500k would be enough to avoid abuse IMO!

Messremb

Grandmaster
That would mean you need 30 mil exp to have control that's more than 5x the exp needed to get a level 7 meta. 500 is more than enough. (that would take 5 mil exp to get max control)

TheFallen

Grandmaster
The amount is debatable. But remember it is now level 7 and able to gain faster. Also you will get a little more control each time. 3m night be heavy but no less than 1m in my opinion.

Either way I'm happy to have provided an idea that "all staff like" on a topic as controversial as meta skill and control.

I feel like I've brokered peace in the middle east.

Guwap

Grandmaster
500k seems like too little, imo. If your pet is dying that much in 500k XP then you always have the skill scroll option. 3m sounds like a little much though. Maybe there's a compromise around 1-1.5?

Lexington

Grandmaster
500k seems like too little, imo. If your pet is dying that much in 500k XP then you always have the skill scroll option. 3m sounds like a little much though. Maybe there's a compromise around 1-1.5?

What's the average XP for killing a Balron.... 1000 XP? So that 500 kills. I know I get PK'd probably once ever 100 kills or less. So I'd say 500k XP might still be high??

Guwap

Grandmaster
What's the average XP for killing a Balron.... 1000 XP? So that 500 kills. I know I get PK'd probably once ever 100 kills or less. So I'd say 500k XP might still be high??

The point is not to keep metas at maxed or near-maxed skills, it's to keep them from becoming useless through excessive skill loss. You can still seek forgiveness and ball your pet, or skill scroll it back a few points. Below 500k is way too low in my opinion. Maybe it's just me, but I use my meta pet like a tool. There are certain jobs I bring it for: RDAs, champs, open world spawns that have almost no PK traffic.

If you want to dungeon farm in areas PKs are known to frequent, I would recommend bringing a disposable pet such as a death beetle or a regular dragon.

Lexington

Grandmaster
The point is not to keep metas at maxed or near-maxed skills, it's to keep them from becoming useless through excessive skill loss. You can still seek forgiveness and ball your pet, or skill scroll it back a few points. Below 500k is way too low in my opinion. Maybe it's just me, but I use my meta pet like a tool. There are certain jobs I bring it for: RDAs, champs, open world spawns that have almost no PK traffic.

If you want to dungeon farm in areas PKs are known to frequent, I would recommend bringing a disposable pet such as a death beetle or a regular dragon.

Fair enough... but then how do I level it? I guess I should have said I'm not level 7?

Then again how do you gain the XP to reset the pet when you only taking it to "RDAs, champs, open world spawns that have almost no PK traffic"??

Guwap

Grandmaster
Fair enough... but then how do I level it? I guess I should have said I'm not level 7?

Then again how do you gain the XP to reset the pet when you only taking it to "RDAs, champs, open world spawns that have almost no PK traffic"??

I leveled my meta to 6 almost exclusively through open world spawns, RDAs, and champs. I did hit up the Balron Nest in T-Keep and the Lady of the Snow in Ice Dungeon too though, but was only PKed a handful of times in Ice. I'm currently about 600k XP towards level 7 by doing the same thing.

I typically train my meta late at night though, when there are less PKs and farmers out. RDA/Champ bosses give a considerable amount of XP. I believe it's roughly 30k XP an RDA? I forget. Maybe it's a little more.

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
+1 for great idea.

As much as I'd like the number to be 500k...I think 1 mil would be fair across the board. Leveling/working a pet can be super tedious, lets not make it any more of a chore to use meta pets.

As for roll-over, I also love this idea.
So when I do get the 3m exp for lvl 7, I go back to base of 6, but refreshed skills.
However once you attain the full level of exp say from 6 to 7...How would that work?
Wouldn't be very fair to make lvl 6 users need 3m for the refresh every time.

This also -might- cut down on the recent super-greifing done to pets...Which IMO is getting a little out of control.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I like it when people try to grief me by killing my meta who's skills/XP that I don't give two shits or a fuck about.

Rise above the hatred and obvious jealousy. Wear that target like a badge of honor :)

Good idea though. Many vets hit level 7 and peter out, this may curb that trend.

Jimmy

Master
Just hit level 7 yesterday and the lack of control is painful. No wonder people sell their level 7 metas after investing hundreds hours of play :/