How to loot a tmap chest

Illyria

Expert
Actually i'm looting only wapons\reags\leather armor\studded leather armor\bone armor\jewels

i leave inside the chest all the scrolls and all the plate pieces..am i doing right?

And also, after u indetify the weapons\armor what u do with the "garbage"? trash\sell\or?

Messremb

Grandmaster
For low level chests it is ok to leave scrolls and the random items but on higher level chests you make more of monster loot than the chest so you want to loot everything to get more mobs, to spawn.

The only magic items you can't sell are bone armor and orc helm. Everything else can be sold for a good profit. And you can turn in the unwanted bone items to the battle well to help start ctfs

Pro tips use the single click Gump on the map to digg for it mounted,

Put the gold right on to a beetle cause it usually makes up most the weight of a chest.

make a restock macro for all the items in chests. Then an organizer to throw unwanted items on a corpse.

And most importantly always drop your chests!!!

good luck with getting rich :)

Illyria

Expert
Now i'm doing lvl 4 and 5 maps, do i need to loot everything or i do it only for lvl 6 maps?

Also u said "every magic item except for the bone armor can be sold for a good profit" but u mean to sell them to players or to npcs?

So let me check if i understood:

Gold in the beetle
I put all the items from the chest to my backpack
I trash the scrolls and sell the magic items that i dont want
I keep, obviously, all the rest

Dischordant

Apprentice
You definitely want to loot everything (at least remove it from the chest) on level 5 and 6 chests. The mobs drop a lot better stuff than the chest will give. I'll usually loot all armor pieces except for bone armor and scrolls. Then i simply move all scrolls to a nearby corpse afterwards. Reason for this is, every time you remove an item from the chest, it has a chance to spawn another mob. So milk it for every penny it'll give ya. Especially when each mob drops 1-1.5k gold. You'll easily walk away from a lvl 5 with 15-20k gold plus items to sell (and most likely a slayer/vanq or two). And as stated before, always single click the chest and click remove when you're done. Or else it will sit there for hours and no one else can dig that spot up.

Illyria

Expert
I knew i was doing something wrong, thank you guys.
I should be very unlucky, i did almost 15 lvl 5 maps and i didnt find a single vanq :(

P.s. the garbage items need to be sold to a vendor, right?

Messremb

Grandmaster
Yes there are 4 vendors you will need to use, weapons and armor vendors will share a shop, tanner, and blacksmith. If you can't seek it to one of those 4 you can't sell it.

Also, if you are looking to be as profitable as possible I recommend not identifying items until you are done. Make 2 or 3 organizer agents to sort the loot into chests in your house, then identify it all when you are done. I usually wait till I have 3 or 4 full chests of loot.