How train pets?

halygon

Grandmaster
Whats the best method to train magery on young dragons. I have em boxed in but I cant get it working without attacking me
The "Best" house training method requires two tamers that are both vets.

Take your custom home, create two tiles that are blocked off (lava tiles or very short walls work great). I usually put a teleport pad in the tile that is blocked in (so you can get your pets there easy). The tiles should have three tiles in between them, two for blocking tiles and the center one (that is directly between the two blocked in tiles) has a door. Put walls on each side of the door to ensure that when its closed, the line of sight is broken between the pets.

One tamer all kills on the other tamers blocked in pets (when the door is open so the pets can see each other), which gets things started. Each tamer will run a macro that heals their pet and feeds it occassionally. One of the two tamers will need to include opening the door in their macro. It usually stays open 20sec or so. When the door closes, you need to have a pause built in so that the pets have time to mana up.

There can be more to it then the above, but that should get you started. Just remember that houses give a -50% skill gain rate.

A Stoned Figure

Grandmaster
Waste of time and bandages to try the house training method here sadly, it would take months to gm resist. i have tried this for 10 hrs with no gains in anything... best way here on uof is to find low damage dealing mobs that have high HP (casts spells as well) and farm the shit outta them with the pet you are training.

Would love it if they would get rid of the house gain penalty just for pets that is..

The house training method should take 1-2 weeks to 7x a pet imo. I can imagine it takes a lot longer here.

Last edited by a moderator: