How was I looted in my house?

Aren

Journeyman
So I was afk in my house and I can get how I might be killed but how was I looted?

House is private.

Faytality

Staff member
Stealthers follow you in. Detect hidden works %100 of the time in a house you own or are friended to.

Aren

Journeyman
da hell, i recalled in randomly - were they stalking me >.>

Looks like I'll have to make a no door/teleport entrance

Faytality

Staff member
There's certain people on this shard that have no life and camp outside houses waiting for you to come home and open the door.

Aren

Journeyman
LOL in that case I consider what they looted a donation to the needy ( it was mostly food)

Nanashi

Grandmaster
It happens man, some are smart enough to just stalk your house and go thru your gate. Even hang out at an IDOC till you recall in with your chest full of goodies. An east way around this is to make teleporters instead of doors.

Aren

Journeyman
but its so sad the idea of sitting doing nothing at all waiting for someone to turn up at their house (or not) surely theres a more exciting game to play

CVegas

Grandmaster
If you get rid of doors and use the teleport tiles they can't follow you in. That being said, I do it old school. I got 3 front doors :)

Aren

Journeyman
But the doors are so purrty! I guess I could wall off the entrance or swap my roof garden onto the ground floor and put a teleporter up to the 2nd and 3rd floors.

Or I might just move to a bigger house anyway hmmmm

Faytality

Staff member
Like I said detect hidden works every time in your house. Most of these dudes have a "leave house" macro, so I'd advise a "I ban thee" macro.

VisuallyAsute

Journeyman
I have Para set to a hot key, as soon as I see/suspect a thief in or around my property I para then mana dump on those low life pieces of excrement. Thieves=trash

Nanashi

Grandmaster
I usually leave my most valuable items on the top floor and make a teleporter to it. You can change securities for those to "owner only".

VisuallyAsute

Journeyman
This can't be a serious reply, Killing someone for trying to steal from you is a pre-emptive strike from ACTUALY being robbed by them. You prefer the alternative of letting them rob you and kindly go on their way?

Besides, this isn't real 'life' and no one actually gets hurt. so respect of life is a moot point. I'd say people who entitle themselves to other peoples belongings are actually trash :D

Nice troll attempt though my good man, try harder and use your grey matter!

Aren

Journeyman
Killing someone for trying to steal seems harsh. Ppl that don't respect life=trash

I think UO is more an eye for an eye sort of game - careful you might entice a herd of anti-trammelites to moo their way onto the thread.