How/Where was dueling done on your OSI shard?

Swayze

Grandmaster
I only ever played free shards but played the crap out of them. I remember having to edit a txt file to get things to work but when I played all PvP was done west of Vesper right by the bridge by the bank.

Speaking of this... Does this ring a bell for anyone else? I can't remember the shard's name.

Mercedies

Grandmaster
Summoner was GM when I joined.
After all these years, the old forums just went down a couple of months ago :/

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
Nvr played the good old days, for I am an aos noob. Played Atlantic shard exclusively. Most duels went down for me at my current guilds gh. Then some at wrong and jhelom farms mainly. Main guilds I was in were [OIL], [DEI], [LNR], and [HOT] was the last one when I sold out all of my accounts to SupSoc. I mainly remember the duels outside LNR castle the most, plus the most fun times I have had in UO period playing with those guys.

Brakrak

Adept
Lots of fights at the Jhelom Farms on Chesapeake
I remember early on it was right in the heart of Paxlair (the player run town)....Until Tomer the Red Tamer would grief it recalling in and claiming his beasts and creating ghosts and carnage everywhere... LOL....

Brakrak

Adept
I remember early on it was right in the heart of Paxlair (the player run town)....Until Tomer the Red Tamer would grief it recalling in and claiming his beasts and creating ghosts and carnage everywhere... LOL....
So many people cried...they shutdown the tamer in the town from what I remember.....it was a long time ago LOL

Mercedies

Grandmaster
The fights outside LNR and HOT's castles were lame. If you guys weren't all dead, you were house-hiding.

The best fights I ever had on Atlantic were in t2a....raiding champs and fighting HAX.

You could find duels all over great lakes pre trammel. Mostly around moongates and farms. I know for myself, I dueled at either yew or skara farms, as did most of the RP/PK crowd. Later it became rooftops and bux den (trammel days.) And even later it was the bagball arena (malas?)

Ludwig

Grandmaster
On Atlantic 1999/2000, most duels were held near....they weren't. It was always "I'll meet you outside of town, come out of guard zone" and then they'd never leave the guard zone. Endless.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Sonoma was awesome between 97-99 especially. We did duels at jhelom farms, with very strict audience rules, such as, if someone healed their friend during a 1v1, everyone watching would dirt that person, and anyone in the audience who didn't was also attacked lol.

I think this came out of the fact that brit X roads was basically the same as brit bridge is on uof. It was the hotspot right up until Ba Ba Booey quit UO and collapsed his house there, not long after that UO:R was released and most people joined factions, so action was scattered. I remember fighting these two kids right after UO:R released, it was tank mage / fencer duo who only rolled vanq, but I can't remember their names.

Also one good action spot pre-UO:R on sonoma was tetheran fort in t2a. I rarely went there but sometimes I would end up fighting a fencer named Jameraqui. Lots of action around there I think because the gold was pretty good.

Sonoma also had quite a few players who frequented Moonglow bank and also the graveyard. I remember there was an illegally placed house way back in early 1997 which was right in front of the gate at moonglow GY. OCH or something might have been their guild name. Some others that lived in glow were I Will Kill All, Nara, Killah, Liquid and Dr Downer. Some good pvp there. Most players on sonoma were asian.

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
The fights outside LNR and HOT's castles were lame. If you guys weren't all dead, you were house-hiding.

The best fights I ever had on Atlantic were in t2a....raiding champs and fighting HAX.
What guild was it that you were in that we fuckign owned ? Cause that is what your really meant by your post....
pls post what guild you were in so I can post shots of you gettign destroyed.
Oh and incluse your char names too.
Bet you wont rofl......
And besides 99.8% of the fights outside HOT and LNR castles when I played were HOT vs. LNR rofl, and every now and then DEI or PvP, but the rest of the shard were pretty much Trammel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
The shard Harrowers were awesome fun....cept for the lag.
Most fun i had ever in UO was with lnr setting traps at harrowers for DEI, HOT, -S-, and PvP. Was pretty much the whole shard trying to take our harrowers, sometimes they did succeed but most of the time not.

Kael-Sp

Novice
Most fun i had ever in UO was with lnr setting traps at harrowers for DEI, HOT, -S-, and PvP. Was pretty much the whole shard trying to take our harrowers, sometimes they did succeed but most of the time not.

When I was in DEI we just dominated the scene at that time. Course it was with the DEI/HOT/CyN zerg and we had some insane numbers haha

I think LNR was more or less on break at that time and hadn't recruited the numbers yet. Only real threats to spawns was Bud's crew in PVP. The HOT guild forums were a riot to read with all the board pvp at that time.