I 'am a little disapointed and I have a suggestion.

Johndoe

Neophyte
So I 'am new to this server about two weeks of time. I've enjoyed every minute of it. This server fixed the problem that I had with UO back around the trammel period. It's been great. I played a couple of hours a day to earn enough to buy a deed. I found a small tower that was in danger of collapsing on Tuesday of this week. I checked it out next morning and found it gone and the space was vacant.

I went to place the small tower deed I had purchase and it told me I needed to get a total of 1200 points to be able to place the small tower. I got another character up to that point. I went back on Wednesday night to place the small tower and I could not place it. I put it back where the last one was and it wouldn't let me place it. I got the tool and tried again and failed. I sent a page for help from the GM from Thursday morning, Thursday night and when I was able on to Friday morning when I had time for a GM to help.

I finally had Friday night free so I decided to page I figured I'd use the time to research UOF on YouTube and the internet. After waiting for almost three hours I get a simple reply, try moving it around one block at a time. I tried to get back to the GM to further explain that I already done that and there. Unfortunately, you only get 200 character to explain. The only recourse I had was to send another page. At least I didn't have to wait long too (about 20 minutes) for a response to my question. GM told me to keep trying. I had been trying for the last two days. I paged the GM again.

I got a different GM messaging me that was more helpful. I was told to try placing the game screen to the upper left hand corner of the screen to line your curser correctly to the game. I tried that and it didn't work. I sat there at the location so I would not waste too much of the GM's time for almost three hours for that sitting for a total of six hours over the last two to three days. It would've been nice if the GM came out to help me with my problem. Even if it was for a few minutes. So is there anyway to open a chat menu so the GM and player could chat it would be very beneficial for both the GM's and players?

Thx

Bobby123

Grandmaster
So I 'am new to this server about two weeks of time. I've enjoyed every minute of it. This server fixed the problem that I had with UO back around the trammel period. It's been great. I played a couple of hours a day to earn enough to buy a deed. I found a small tower that was in danger of collapsing on Tuesday of this week. I checked it out next morning and found it gone and the space was vacant.

I went to place the small tower deed I had purchase and it told me I needed to get a total of 1200 points to be able to place the small tower. I got another character up to that point. I went back on Wednesday night to place the small tower and I could not place it. I put it back where the last one was and it wouldn't let me place it. I got the tool and tried again and failed. I sent a page for help from the GM from Thursday morning, Thursday night and when I was able on to Friday morning when I had time for a GM to help.

I finally had Friday night free so I decided to page I figured I'd use the time to research UOF on YouTube and the internet. After waiting for almost three hours I get a simple reply, try moving it around one block at a time. I tried to get back to the GM to further explain that I already done that and there. Unfortunately, you only get 200 character to explain. The only recourse I had was to send another page. At least I didn't have to wait long too (about 20 minutes) for a response to my question. GM told me to keep trying. I had been trying for the last two days. I paged the GM again.

I got a different GM messaging me that was more helpful. I was told to try placing the game screen to the upper left hand corner of the screen to line your curser correctly to the game. I tried that and it didn't work. I sat there at the location so I would not waste too much of the GM's time for almost three hours for that sitting for a total of six hours over the last two to three days. It would've been nice if the GM came out to help me with my problem. Even if it was for a few minutes. So is there anyway to open a chat menu so the GM and player could chat it would be very beneficial for both the GM's and players?

Thx

Hello @Johndoe for faster response from Staff on UOF , i would recommend you to use UOForever Discor d .

On top of that , you can easily get help / or get your questions answered from the players .

Hope that helps !

Cheers !

thestand

Grandmaster
In my opinion, you should have to figure it out on your own or get help from the player base. I don't believe the gms should be holding your hand while you try to place the house.

Young Star

Grandmaster
The house preview I was told does not actually reflect where you are trying to place. Where you cursor is, reflects where the front of the house is iirc.

PhireHawk

Adept
It's off by 1 tile due to the front steps. So the actual foundation outline you get with the tools is technically "correct" but it pushes the actual house back 1 tile to make room for the front steps

Johndoe

Neophyte
Hello @Johndoe for faster response from Staff on UOF , i would recommend you to use UOForever Discor d .

On top of that , you can easily get help / or get your questions answered from the players .

Hope that helps !

Cheers !

Thank you for the advice on asking discord. My complaint wasn't about the wait time. It' was about a better way to communicate with the GMs.

Johndoe

Neophyte
In my opinion, you should have to figure it out on your own or get help from the player base. I don't believe the gms should be holding your hand while you try to place the house.

Not a very good community building statement. I've placed many houses in the far more restrictive origial UO. I do not need my hand held. I did my research before placed on UOF where blades of grass do not affect anymore. I figured a glich perhaps.

Faytality

Staff member
So if we can not derail peoples threads with personal drama that would be fantastic!

As for OP, I'll let the admins know about your issue with the paging. As some have suggested, joining our UOF discord is a great way to get connected with staff and other players.