IDOC changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lummox

Master
They addressed the idoc issue because it was being taken advantage of by a small group of people with automated idoc hunting. They would find every idoc and overcome it with 10reds every time.

This change will allow for other groups to know so that one group can be countered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
This will just lead to more tears about 'automated idoc hunting' when these kids that don't understand how idocs work get demolished 30 seconds before the drop and they realize they just paid good money to be the sheeps in the 'like sheeps being led to slaughter' saying

If the intention is to once again destroy a type of specialized gameplay (RIP rares hunters and collectors) then just have a gate open up at west Brit bank every time a house goes idoc and make the collapse timer visible on the house sign

Or maybe have runes to idocs drop as loot

Or have raffles for idocs

Random idoc portals

All of these are equally stupid ways to ratfuck a classic and properly working system, you could even do them all together!

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
...Absolutely...
...No...
...Idea...
...Why....
...This...
...Has...
...Been...
...Implemented...

I have gave up trying to understand these so-called logical decisions. First the rare-hunter and now the IDOC class.. I have never had the patience for this way of life personally, but it has always been around and I can only feel sympathy. RIP.

Could a staff member please help the community understand why this has become a thing? Surely, there are more pressing matters to address?

death.png

I wonder who this will cater for most... Such an incredibly tough decision...

it's catering to people who don't understand how idocs work and whined about getting owned at them

same as the other times they fixed the idoc system until it was broken

same reason rares are now mob drops

people need to start being careful what they wish for and just play the game...

Darkarna

Grandmaster
it's catering to people who don't understand how idocs work and whined about getting owned at them

same as the other times they fixed the idoc system until it was broken

same reason rares are now mob drops

people need to start being careful what they wish for and just play the game...

Honestly, it just completely blows my mind. It feels like ANYTHING that requires a certain amount of effort, coordination, planning and dedication is being removed and replaced by something which requires very little thought and very little effort. First the rares system was removed, then RDA's became easy to track and now IDOC's. Has the gaming community become so incredibly thick and lazy?

Might as well just allow EASYUO and all other third party programs which are deemed illegal on here, the way things are going everything will be automated soon.

Nidhoggur

Expert
They addressed the idoc issue because it was being taken advantage of by a small group of people with automated idoc hunting. They would find every idoc and overcome it with 10reds every time.

This change will allow for other groups to know so that one group can be countered.

Why couldn't the "other" groups find the IDOC the same way the "bad group" did? Or the same way I do? The same way we all have for the better part of two decades? I guess they can't afford horses? I guess they're not motivated to and want an "easy button"? Gimme a break, this isn't a facebook flash game broski, this was one of the most difficult, exciting, scary, risk-taking games that ever drew a crowd of nerds. Killing of the OG aspect of UO is a bad idea. How did that work for the production shards?

Look, I keep hearing this as the reason.. the whole "but every single IDOC was being raped and rekt by one group" stuff. Huh? I wonder how many people are simply parroting complaints they hear from other people and how many of you have boots on the ground experiencing this. I have camped many IDOC's myself over the last 40 days or so and the majority went completely unnoticed by others leaving me there to collect the loot and plot alone. This appears to be simply false. I can't state it any more clearly, I have been pushed out of a few IDOC's by bigger teams but thats EXPECTED, and if I had a team of 10 reds with my back I'd expect to push the solo camper out right quick. Might makes right in UO and that's a good thing. That's how the game works and has worked and here I am playing it.

The cutthroatery of UO is what brings many of us here. Plus, let's be real, so a big group made, uh, a big group, and now they dominate stuff. My fellow nerds, hear me, THATS HOW THESE GAMES WORK. Show me the MMO where grouping isn't rewarded? Show me how that would ever be a good thing? Now, that same big group never misses my IDOC's, no one will miss them.

I get the feeling that if people would hustle more than they hate this would be a non-issue.

When is the Vanq vendor coming? How about the meta-egg vendor or the powerscroll vendor? I keep not getting them when I want so plz make eezy 4 me. Dur dur hurp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Why couldn't the "other" groups find the IDOC the same way the "bad group" did? Or the same way I do? The same way we all have for the better part of two decades? I guess they can't afford horses? I guess they're not motivated to and want an "easy button"? Gimme a break, this isn't a facebook flash game broski, this was one of the most difficult, exciting, scary, risk-taking games that ever drew a crowd of nerds. Killing of the OG aspect of UO is a bad idea. How did that work for the production shards?

Look, I keep hearing this as the reason.. the whole "but every single IDOC was being raped and rekt by one group" stuff. Huh? I wonder how many people are simply parroting complaints they hear from other people and how many of you have boots on the ground experiencing this. I have camped many IDOC's myself over the last 40 days or so and the majority went completely unnoticed by others leaving me there to collect the loot and plot alone. This appears to be simply false. I can't state it any more clearly, I have been pushed out of a few IDOC's by bigger teams but thats EXPECTED, and if I had a team of 10 reds with my back I'd expect to push the solo camper out right quick. Might makes right in UO and that's a good thing. That's how the game works and has worked and here I am playing it.

The cutthroatery of UO is what brings many of us here. Plus, let's be real, so a big group made, uh, a big group, and now they dominate stuff. My fellow nerds, hear me, THATS HOW THESE GAMES WORK. Show me the MMO where grouping isn't rewarded? Show me how that would ever be a good thing? Now, that same big group never misses my IDOC's, no one will miss them.

I get the feeling that if people would hustle more than they hate this would be a non-issue.

When is the Vanq vendor coming? How about the meta-egg vendor or the powerscroll vendor? I keep not getting them when I want so plz make eezy 4 me. Dur dur hurp.

nice meltdown

everyone deserves to have everything regardless of how much effort planning or preparation they have put in

the same people who don't even know how to get idoc decay timers and instead ask on the forums and feel entitled to the fruit of other people's research are equally deserving of the idoc loot as someone who has spent hours running marking and checking houses.

welcome to hardcore gaming in 2016

Darkarna

Grandmaster
It really isn't that hard to find out timers and what not, the hardest part is keeping your books up to scratch and changing runes. Timing is completely common sense and even though I never look for IDOC's or attend to them, it REALLY isn't that hard.

I really am starting to lose faith in humanity..

Sandman

Grandmaster
nice meltdown

everyone deserves to have everything regardless of how much effort planning or preparation they have put in

the same people who don't even know how to get idoc decay timers and instead ask on the forums and feel entitled to the fruit of other people's research are equally deserving of the idoc loot as someone who has spent hours running marking and checking houses.

welcome to hardcore gaming in 2016

Holy shit Hardcore Gaming in 2016 is the Bernie Sanders of Gaming :(

F*cking liberal p*ssies..

Salsa

Grandmaster

This can't be true, all changes made to the server are always for EQMS benefit, or so I hear.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
Staff has a hard on for idocs and idocers, instead of you know releasing kingdoms lets change idocs again, its a mechanic that's been in the game since day 1. Staff feels "idocing was never meant to be a profession" smh

i don't see the point in idocing (scouting, book checks, etc) when i can just get cords to a new idoc every two hours from an npc for 1.5k gold and camp it on a blue. Heres to being a full time pvm faeg *sips uof koolaid*

Now you can farm mobs all day everyday then show up to my remote IDOC at the last minute and murder my face off with your high end tameables.

There we have it! The true problem! All these effortless (lol) beginners with their high end pets PKing everyone at idocs always.

Other than that I actually agree with what you said. Just another way of the GMs trying to deal with the shards issues without addressing the actual problem and making things worse as a result. As always sadly.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I think that changes to prevent VPN abuse and negligent housing should have been implemented first.

There's so much housing that's just sat on by players that will never use it. I've always said that should be a top priority. The IDOC change should have been preceded by preventive measures to help housing availability. There will likely be more vacant spots horded by VPN abusers due to this.

Its fine when two players place next to each other and both want the other's spot. They can barter and trade and eventually one will give up the spot. However, if both players are VPN abusers then they just sit on the spot forever because they have no reason to drop it.

We active players that do not abuse VPNs always get shafted. It is well past time for owner only refreshes. Increase bank storage immensely so that players who go inactive for long periods can keep their stuff. When those players return they can place another house with ease because there would be spots available. Players that actively play should take priority for housing. If inactive players get to keep their housing then the situation steadily worsens. Players come and go. This is a problem if their houses don't go with them.

Regardless of whether or not the IDOC changes were fair, the current housing situation is definitely not fair to active players.

Edit:

There could be ways to aid players who must take extended leaves of absences due to working overseas and whatnot. Those players could request that staff make their houses ageless once they provide a legitimate reason and a reasonable time frame for their request. Staff could simply mark the houses ageless and keep the coordinates and expiration date in a spreadsheet. Those players would pay dono for the services rendered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.