IDOC Tips and Tricks

SaladinX

Grandmaster
So...what are some good tips and techniques to a successful IDOC run?

- How do you loot fast?
- How do you ensure you carry large chests?
- Should you have hiding and stealth?
- Should you come with multiple chars, and guildies?
- How do you efficiently place a house? what obstacles get in the way of placement?

Share you IDOC tips and tricks!

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I abandoned my family, quit my job, and now live in a converted van using mcdonalds wifi so that I could have enough time to idoc.

Works great.

SidX

Grandmaster

- How do you loot fast?
- How do you ensure you carry large chests?
- Should you have hiding and stealth?
- Should you come with multiple chars, and guildies?
- How do you efficiently place a house? what obstacles get in the way of placement?

1. You just have to have quick fingers. A quick way to loot faster (especially stacks) is to hold Ctrl+Shift and then drag the grey bar that appears. This bar is often bigger than many items and can be dragged instead of having to deal with the annoyance of picking up stacks (i.e. coins, pots, etc.).
2. These are tough, you can hide and just drag the chest so it vanishes from the ground. Others won't be able to see it. Then, when everyone leaves, you can re-drop it and loot it. Or just go through it as quickly as possible, or bring a beetle.. but good luck surviving. PKs will be all over you.
3. Hiding + stealth are great for IDOC hunting. I use my thief who has hiding+stealth+tracking+detect. It is a great combo to find and weed out the other people camping. You can continuously use Detect Hidden on the ground and reveal everyone hiding. PKs will kill them, and you get the loot.
4. I've seen people dual-clienting while keeping one of the characters one screen away from the IDOC so they don't die. Then, when the house falls, they run that character over to loot.
5. You cannot place a house if any of the following are over the plot: corpses, other players, item(s), monsters, ghosts, rocks.

halygon

Grandmaster

- How do you loot fast? Practice and scoping out what you want. Do not grab items that probably will not contain useful items to you.
- How do you ensure you carry large chests? Open a gate right beside your house. Grab chest, enter gate, drop chest off at house, go back through. Repeat.
- Should you have hiding and stealth? Hiding and stealth really doesn't help except if you are solo or scoping out an IDOC because of (see below)
- Should you come with multiple chars, and guildies? Absolutely. Things are so organized now, you pretty much need a couple of friends to fend off other guilds that will come in with 4-6 players to wipe out idoc competition.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
1. You just have to have quick fingers. A quick way to loot faster (especially stacks) is to hold Ctrl+Shift and then drag the grey bar that appears. This bar is often bigger than many items and can be dragged instead of having to deal with the annoyance of picking up stacks (i.e. coins, pots, etc.).
2. These are tough, you can hide and just drag the chest so it vanishes from the ground. Others won't be able to see it. Then, when everyone leaves, you can re-drop it and loot it. Or just go through it as quickly as possible, or bring a beetle.. but good luck surviving. PKs will be all over you.
3. Hiding + stealth are great for IDOC hunting. I use my thief who has hiding+stealth+tracking+detect. It is a great combo to find and weed out the other people camping. You can continuously use Detect Hidden on the ground and reveal everyone hiding. PKs will kill them, and you get the loot.
4. I've seen people dual-clienting while keeping one of the characters one screen away from the IDOC so they don't die. Then, when the house falls, they run that character over to loot.
5. You cannot place a house if any of the following are over the plot: corpses, other players, item(s), monsters, ghosts, rocks.

u can place over ghosts ,corpses and some items on UOF generally if u can walk over it you can place over it

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Ok here's a real trick that has served me very well in the past.

Scope out what you want, mark a rune right next to it. This method works best for those huge chests full of 100 sewing kits and piles of ore ;)

Recall in to spot with char 1 and stand on the rune spot. Hide.

Have char 2 inside your house running a loop to gate to that spot with a 5 sec delay or so. Loop the macro and let it run. You will get a constant 'something is blocking that location' message.

When the house drops, run and grab your loot/chest. Gate will cast since you are off the spot. Boom, automatic gate into your house, anyone else goes in and they get kicked to your steps (have pvp char gating so you can exit house and run them off, 90% of the time they will either drop a chest and run, or die because they refuse to drop it and get stamlocked).

Also works great for PK raids since you just move one tile and the hop gate to safety.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cino

Master
Before anything else, you have to consider how much time finding idocs consumes. Some people spend hours upon hours running through the world clicking on signs - a more effective way is to have a few friends or guildmates clearing zones.

Having a house with a rune marked next to an edge/steps with a bunch of secured empty chests is a must to be able to plant a gate -> drag a chest -> deposit into your own secured chest and keep repeating. Beetles are nice too, but you risk dismounting and getting attacked.

I can't speak for steam users but when you can't get into a house, you want to put circle of transparency on and scope out the inside contents when there are no other ways to do so, see what you like and put them on scavenger (note that all items that become redeeded when the house collapses all have the same id, so water troughs will be the same as a cellar deed).

When a house hits its demolition stage, setting a timer to count down from 30 helps. Usually just smashing down your right mouse button is good enough when you want to run in and scavenge as much as possible.

If you can get an early scout of a house that is about to or just hit idoc, you can look around the area for to place a small 7x7 custom, build some walls and a few teleporters and you've got a pk proof safe house to work with.

Above all the best chance at successful idocing is numbers. The more numbers you have on your side the more loot you get, easy as that.

Violence

Grandmaster
1. Use cheat client / super script placement plugin to place houses

2. Defend its use against 100s of players and even staff

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BaseJ

Neophyte
Don't have than like 4 things on scav for blessed items.

Grab the chest you want and hit a macro to gate that gates default in your book then use a gate hop macro. Any other method requires you to drop teh loots.

Good reflexes....

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Don't have than like 4 things on scav for blessed items.

Grab the chest you want and hit a macro to gate that gates default in your book then use a gate hop macro. Any other method requires you to drop teh loots.

Good reflexes....

nm