I'm glad the STAFF thinks...

Bromista

Grandmaster
Ive been in the largest alliance in the server and, more recently, in the largest guild (other than EQMS): In the last month, I've seen the discussions of about half the players on the shard. From those discussions, it's obvious that no other guild comes close to causing an exodus as large as the one EQMS is causing right now. When you're always out numbered during primetime - it's just not fun.

Moreover, they repeatedly break the rules; running multiple accounts to place houses at IDOCs. Today they placed a bunch at an IDOC castle. To the best of my knowledge the staff removed them, but didn't punish the players for breaking the rules. Why wouldn't they continue to do that when -worst case scenario - they're no worse off for trying?

Why would anyone bother to work a champ from start to end when you can just take them at the last minute? EQMS has a point when they say 'everyone can just do what we do'. That's true - but if everyone did that, then nobody could. Someone has to work the champs, and you shouldn't have to be a sucker to do that.

The rules, and the enforcement practices, that allows this to go on badly need to be fixed. I've seen too many people leave for a new server recently because of them. Frankly, I just don't want to see everyone's work go down the tubes now that an eqms-free option is available.
Damn. Scathing review of EQMS LAWL

v0cifer8

Novice
it blows my mind how many champs go uncontested

They go uncontested because people think "why bother to put in the work, EQMS is just going to raid the boss."

That is, LITERALLY, what happened tonight: A random assortment of blues were running the champ spawn for a while when a couple EQMS blues showed up. One guy said he was going to leave because, now that EQMS was here, they were going to raid the boss and just screw the champ spawn for everyone that had been working on it up to that point. Funny enough, at least one of those two EQMS blues said they WEREN'T going to raid it! That they were just there to watch...and throw out the occasional EV. Everyone there, but one werkt guy, made the mistake of believing them. That one werkt guy said "what's the point, EQMS is here and they'll just raid the boss." Despite what EQMS's blues said, he was right. Then, if you've read the whole thread you already know, we pulled Rikktor and got hiim down to 1/3 health before a dozen EQMS reds AND tracking/revealing blues (I'll give EQMS that they didn't have a dozen reds there - they had 8 or so reds and several blues tracking and casting reveal, for a total of a dozen or so members raiding the champ spawn) PK'ed everyone and took all the loot/drops for themselves. Congratulations! Good job, guys... Way to run that Champ Spawn! The end result of what you're doing is a totally green server. I guess you guys just want to play with yourselves? ...and if that's the kind of server you want to play on, why don't you just go back to uoforever?

Once again, all these "defenses" from EQMS members are HILARIOUS!

Check out this Reddit post from 3 YEARS ago that name-drops EQMS: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultimaonline/comments/1gzix0/looking_for_a_classic_pve_shard/caphbcr

lollo

Grandmaster
They go uncontested because people think "why bother to put in the work, EQMS is just going to raid the boss."

That is, LITERALLY, what happened tonight: A random assortment of blues were running the champ spawn for a while when a couple EQMS blues showed up. One guy said he was going to leave because, now that EQMS was here, they were going to raid the boss and just screw the champ spawn for everyone that had been working on it up to that point. Funny enough, at least one of those two EQMS blues said they WEREN'T going to raid it! That they were just there to watch...and throw out the occasional EV. Everyone there, but one werkt guy, made the mistake of believing them. That one werkt guy said "what's the point, EQMS is here and they'll just raid the boss." Despite what EQMS's blues said, he was right. Then, if you've read the whole thread you already know, we pulled Rikktor and got hiim down to 1/3 health before a dozen EQMS reds AND tracking/revealing blues (I'll give EQMS that they didn't have a dozen reds there - they had 8 or so reds and several blues tracking and casting reveal, for a total of a dozen or so members raiding the champ spawn) PK'ed everyone and took all the loot/drops for themselves. Congratulations! Good job, guys... Way to run that Champ Spawn! The end result of what you're doing is a totally green server. I guess you guys just want to play with yourselves? ...and if that's the kind of server you want to play on, why don't you just go back to uoforever?

Once again, all these "defenses" from EQMS members are HILARIOUS!

Check out this Reddit post from 3 YEARS ago that name-drops EQMS: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultimaonline/comments/1gzix0/looking_for_a_classic_pve_shard/caphbcr

The truth is that any 4 reds would have taken that champ from you buncha newbies. It just happened that $ disbanded and POWER hasn't been a factor since 2013.

The sooner you get over the fact you're a bad player and any guild would have killed you, the sooner you'll start to enjoy the game again

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Like I said -- there were 8 reds who raided this champ tonight... are there no guilds who can stop 8 newbie and self admitted "bad players"? Werkt is a big guild and they were there -- do they stand no chance against us? Why, because theyre unorganized?

What is stopping anyone else from grouping up and doing what we do OR grouping up and defending their champ spawns(which is what we do when we do our 4-5 champ spawns a day from start to finish)?

With so many EQMS haters, why dont you guys all join forces to fight us or join forces to protect yourselves? Is it because you're lazy and would rather cry than group and try?

p.s.

without a doubt, if I became in charge of Trin/S-B alliance, in 1 week I could have them organized into a fighting force capable of defeating EQMS in champ defenses and raids etc... maybe the issue is there is no one else as capable of leading a group in UO like me? All praise goes to archersnon and lord rocky

Darkarna

Grandmaster
The truth is that any 4 reds would have taken that champ from you buncha newbies. It just happened that $ disbanded and POWER hasn't been a factor since 2013.

The sooner you get over the fact you're a bad player and any guild would have killed you, the sooner you'll start to enjoy the game again

Can someone please ban this pile of excrement, his baiting has become intolerable for a while now and not just because he is EQMS, but because he is seriously way to toxic for this server to make a positive difference to anything. This is the kind of attitude that causes people to get irate and think what is the point? and move elsewhere.

Okay, EQMS raid champs, Zerg and what have you, but unfortunately, there are no rules against what they do and it can't be fixed because of this. My conclusion to all this and it really is the simplest solution, just do something else cause you are really wasting your time. Sorry to be blunt but it seems like nothing will change towards to this regardless of how many people have complained about it. If you move to another server, it will most likely happen there also so don't expect to be shielded from this type of game-play whatever server you choose to play on. The only way to prevent it is for staff to implement rules which strictly forbid zerging and we all know that will not happen.

Other people on this server could create their own zerg guilds, they could organise and manage a set up which could rival EQMS, but it requires someone with the motivation, the dedication to pull this off and again, unfortunately, I can't see this happening. The only guild/alliance which I could see pulling this off would be TRIN.

TLDR : Scan the horizons if you are not happy with this type of game play or do the other thing and everyone just make thieves.

EDIT : I didn't copy Glutt about stating the TRIN guild, he posted that as I was typing this up but even he knows that TRIN would be the only guild to make it work.

Furious George

Grandmaster
oh god the eqms crying is so god damn pathetic.

you would think theyre the only people selling Power scrolls, champ loots and relics by reading this.

give me a break.

lollo

Grandmaster
When i was in werkt we had huge numbers but 4 $ would raid us succesfully a good 50% of the Times

Tl;dr: numbers aren't everything and @Darkarna is raging hard right now, which i enjoy a lot

Darkarna

Grandmaster
When i was in werkt we had huge numbers but 4 $ would raid us succesfully a good 50% of the Times

Tl;dr: numbers aren't everything and @Darkarna is raging hard right now, which i enjoy a lot

Not raging, I just think your attitude to people is wrong. Want to make a point? Do it right without acting like a complete twat.

Caso

Grandmaster
Last thing I will say, do you know what it was like BEFORE EQMS?
Ever heard of POWER? They raided every champ at the end and dragged it away, they didn't even bother to kill you...they just dragged it away, killed it, and left to go back to dexxer slaying the whole server. It was BRUTAL. Eqms is so gentle...they res you, they don't dry loot, they don't drag every champ across the dungeon. POWER was way more evil, and if not power then it would be $. Or when they could do it, Trin was no less the "bully" than anyone else. Just they can't even raid a mongbat forest.

So again I say, cry about EQMS all you want, just be happy it isn't POWER. Cause how much can you ***** when your guild gets pwnd 10 v 2 by a couple of dexxers. Still, the same result if its 10 guys in purple casting ebs.

ps- we exploit multiple housing What about TamerofOz placing there, who Shane posted a screenshot of his 50+ accounts used only for housing plots, or Mythralis or whatever placing there, that's the Werkt that "won" the contest. If anyone should have houses removed, it should be them...why would a few eqms on main accounts that fairly placed a house be penalized?
Because you can't beat 10 target closest Ebolt cannons with a few people. At least with us (power) it was 2-3 of us taking on 8-15 blues. The odds were in their favour but we had the skill. It's almost impossible to beat 10-15 skyped eqms when u have 2-3 in different calls.

Caso

Grandmaster
Remove target closest and eqms wouldn't stand a chance against a bunch of unorganised newbs. Ebolt rails are part of the problem.

The only thing I'll commend glutt on is the ability to run such a large guild. He's clearly got 0 life and devotes it to UO. Not many people have the time to do this, nor would want to.

#gameaddiction
#foodstamps
#mumsbasement

Kael

Master
Back on EA my guild loved to sneak out spawns. Most were raided but the times that weren't we were able to get great scroll drops. That was the fun of doing the actual spawns. You just never knew who was around the corner lurking or what was going to drop in your backpack. That's UO baby !

Vorax

Grandmaster
Back on EA my guild loved to sneak out spawns. Most were raided but the times that weren't we were able to get great scroll drops. That was the fun of doing the actual spawns. You just never knew who was around the corner lurking or what was going to drop in your backpack. That's UO baby !
That's the thing, these people complaining about how champs need a rework don't understand that UO is a cutthroat game, always has been, and will be until it's end. Champ spawns have always been a high value raid target, whether by 1 person, or 20 if you have the skill or number, there is no reason you should not take advantage of it.

stunoma.

Grandmaster
I don't really know what people think staff is going to do. Make EQMS smaller? Haha. The problem is amongst you guys. Either find a way to beat them or find a different spawn to kill. Crying to the staff that a guild is too dominate is so funny to me.

Or find a server that doesn't have EQMS

Also I don't pvm but I can definitely feel your pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expendable

Master
EQMS catches the most shit, that's for sure, and maybe as far as stealing champs go maybe they are the worst. But as a few of there members and other random's have said, POWER and other guilds do just as bad of stuff. Being more of a PvMer than anything, i actually die to people like @Lithium "Darkness" , and the POWER boys a lot more, lets not forget the stealthing guilds that still walk around and will sneak attack you with about 5 people, or "Iron" or his red alt "Ironman", the couple of two man SL crews that go around... i could go on and on about the other randoms. I don't know why everyone chooses to just blame EQMS.
and things like "Waaaah they wont rez me" are obvious, almost no one res's you because there too busy looting your shit and killing your mob.
This is Ultima Online with no trammel, its not for the weak of heart, hang in there in fight, or just keep leaving the server breh. p.s. theres a good amount of tamers like myself and Iron who will kill you if your taking too much time in "our" hunting spots....

Young Star

Grandmaster
I really think everyone is giving EQMS too much credit. So what if they raid a few champs. Every time you do a champ you need to prepair to defend it. If it doesnt get raided then consider yourself lucky.

I do plenty of champs throughout a week. Many end up with some pk group showing up. Sometimes they have good timing and catch us when we are on our heels from the spawn but often once the first person calls out reds the rest circle the wagons. Yes. When EQMS is at full zerg it is unlikely we'll succeed but many times we've at least done enough to get scrolls out.