Imminent domain?

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
How about taking those unused and undeveloped (but always refreshed) houses away from those players after a certain time period?

I'm not talking about ugly or badly designed houses, i'm only talking about the empty plots that have been unused for months and even years that are just taking up space.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
How about taking those unused and undeveloped (but always refreshed) houses away from those players after a certain time period?

I'm not talking about ugly or badly designed houses, i'm only talking about the empty plots that have been unused for months and even years that are just taking up space.

Way too much sense here for these forums.. WAYYYYY too much sense....

The only difficult part is determining what qualifies for a nice house..

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
It's a difficult system to enforce. If you crack down on empty plots then people will just lock down some junk and put up a couple of walls, maybe taking 10 mins to change some things around every couple of months. You will also need manpower to check and see if these houses are being used regularly, and even then you get some people who only play for an hour or two a week, and you can't just take their house away because they don't play enough.

Decreamos

Grandmaster
Why do we have a suggestions forum? Can anyone point me to a post in this section that was actually implemented?

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
The suggestions forum

ehzFe.gif

wil3ur

Grandmaster
BTW it's Eminent Domain... and still requires "Fair" compensation. I put "Fair" in quotation marks because since the government is seizing it, they can also tell you what they think it's worth...

em·i·nent do·main
noun
LAW
  1. the right of a government or its agent to expropriate private property for public use, with payment of compensation.

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
I bet allot of plots would still disappear. A few houses would get walls and chests etc from those who really wanna keep theirplot. But I bet allot still disappear from those who really don't care.

It would b an improvement and relatively easy for staff to do. No coding required probly unless they made a way to really keep track of it
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure that they could refund the deed / plot price via check.

They could also place a moving crate into the owner's bank.

Lopsang

Master
The problem is as soon as you announce your going to increase the decay timer on empty plots or remove empty plots people will just put up a single wall.

In my opinion the only way they'll ever fix this systematically is if they mess with the decay speed. Every day you dont refresh your house the decay speed increases by 5%. Every day you refresh your house the decay speed decreases by 5%. The people that play even 15 days of a month will have no issues as they will net to 0%. It's the people that have stopped playing and just log on to refresh their houses will either have to vacate or start logging in daily... at which point they might as well be playing. Sure there is people that could just drop their house and replace, but those people are probably either actively trying to sell or have plans for it.