Implement a [roll command (details inside)

A [roll command:

Not in party:

When a player types [roll, a system message will display, "You rolled a 93" (random 1/100 number).

While in party:

When a character named "Toshimi" types [roll, a special hued party message will display "Toshimi rolled a 93", this message will display to the party in a special hue so players in the party know it's an authentic [roll"

---------------

I think this suggestion is harmless and will cater to those people that like to hunt as groups with friends that would like to control how loot is handled among themselves.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

-Toshimi / Al'Therian

I realize that...

1. Dice does not announce to party chat (a very convenient way of communicating).
2. Dice can be lost, what if you die during a hunt?
3. Each character in party would be expected to have dice.
4. Dice is nowhere near as convenient as a [roll command.

[roll can be easily scripted and does not hurt balance.

Cack

Grandmaster
Really dude?
Really what...you complained dice can be lost....hence one reason why you want a built in command to replace an item in game. What part of that do you not understand as trammel?
I just hate anything trammel man. Nothing personal at all

A [roll command is not trammel.... Asking to bless weapons and introduce bless deeds, etc, that's trammel. You remind me of the kind of guy that would copy files from one drive to another using a command prompt because windows explorer is for nubs.

Cack

Grandmaster
You want blessed dice.....
I want a hot asian stripper wife....we all don't get what we want sometimes

Cack

Grandmaster
dice_logo_01.png

bane

Master
A [roll command is not trammel.... Asking to bless weapons and introduce bless deeds, etc, that's trammel. You remind me of the kind of guy that would copy files from one drive to another using a command prompt because windows explorer is for nubs.
Cack is just trolling you he isn't really this dense. Look at his post history if you need proof :D.

As a stop gap if you and your friends use team speak I think this will help you out: http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/addon/miscellaneous-plugins/Domert-s-Dice-Roller.html

It's not critical, we are all friends, trust is not an issue... I just thought it would be a nice feature is all..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Infectious

Master
I realize that...

1. Dice does not announce to party chat (a very convenient way of communicating).
2. Dice can be lost, what if you die during a hunt?
3. Each character in party would be expected to have dice.
4. Dice is nowhere near as convenient as a [roll command.

[roll can be easily scripted and does not hurt balance.
What ive seen with loot in uo on a different server is lock down some dice in a house and have everyone stand in a line and 1 by 1 someone rolls it on the floor as it will show what is rolled

halygon

Grandmaster
How about when in a party a system die is rolled automatically upon each mobs death which then randomly gives one party member the ability to loot the corpse. Maybe have this as a party config button "Random Looting"

Weland

Grandmaster
I'm pretty sure when I was with PSP we had dice locked down on a table and we had a loot chest. When were done with an RDA or whatever we were doing all the loot went in the chest. Guild leader called out the item and we each took a turn on the dice and we all could see each others numbers. It didn't say publicly Gaven rolled a X but it still showed the number.