In game Support

Please before you read this, I am not bashing anyone I just need info. What is the best time to get in game support? I ask because I sat in queue yesterday from 11am until 1:30am this morning and just couldnt wait any longer. The Sandman was calling me lol. I messaged several admins on the site but didnt get a response either. So I m just trying to find out if there are certain times they do support?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Please before you read this, I am not bashing anyone I just need info. What is the best time to get in game support? I ask because I sat in queue yesterday from 11am until 1:30am this morning and just couldnt wait any longer. The Sandman was calling me lol. I messaged several admins on the site but didnt get a response either. So I m just trying to find out if there are certain times they do support?

You should also try IRC -- during the day eppy is usually online and chatting.

Swayze

Grandmaster
The issue with your question is only 2 people on the entire staff can answer it unfortunately. One of which are on vacation.

The issue with your question is only 2 people on the entire staff can answer it unfortunately. One of which are on vacation.

I totally understand. So when is a good time to put in a ticket? I just don't want to have to put one in daily to have to wait another 12+ hours when I could be playing. Does the one person left have a set time they answer, I guess is what I am needing?

_n0x

Master

This should be handled by telling the guy that's going on, though. Leaving the request in the queue without letting him know why no one's answering him is not good.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
This should be handled by telling the guy that's going on, though. Leaving the request in the queue without letting him know why no one's answering him is not good.

Problem with THAT is there's no back/fourth log with the page system, it's really just bad.
It's something we are going to revamp totally- Say you page in, then you go AFK, we answer immediately then you come back an hour later, and you respond to our response. THEN if that staff member goes off line when you respond the other staff members have absolutely no idea how your conversation was going. It's the worst system, ever.

I'll see if this is something Swayze could dabble at. Adding a log feature to the page system

_n0x

Master
Problem with THAT is there's no back/fourth log with the page system, it's really just bad.
It's something we are going to revamp totally- Say you page in, then you go AFK, we answer immediately then you come back an hour later, and you respond to our response. THEN if that staff member goes off line when you respond the other staff members have absolutely no idea how your conversation was going. It's the worst system, ever.

This makes sense. Maybe, as a work around until a better solution is implemented, help requests could be done through another vector. Not everyone is going to have a forum/IRC account, but maybe have people submit an email address when they make send in their page. I could see implementing something like that pretty quickly, but I don't know much about the RunUO/UOF ecosystem.

I'll see if this is something Swayze could dabble at. Adding a log feature to the page system

That would be awesome. Or at least leave the ticket open once you log off or something. This is in good hands. I have faith in you guys.