In town housing

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
Idea: Allow houses to be placed inside the guard zones.

Reason: it will make towns be inhabited with players especially the abandoned towns like Magincia, Nu'Jehlm and East Britian.

Mango

Grandmaster
I think it would be cool if they expanded the length of Britain, and added a housing district catered toward young players.
housing could work as rentals, every week withdraws maybe 5k from your bank. Max storage in rented house = 200 items.

they wouldn't be good for your standard player. but would be neat and helpful for newer players trying to save for a 'real' house.

Orgha

Apprentice
Seems this server is doomed to be trammelized.

Hell we have no-cut zones. That's basically Trammel for Reds for the sake of encouraging PvP.

No different in how the actual trammel encourages PvM.

I think in-town housing would be cool, but I'd limit it to small houses only and limit one per IP. Make for awesome vendor homes.

hubcap

Grandmaster
I would think this would totally crush any and all player made 'vendor-malls'

which, I feel, is a great part of the game.

[thieves, as a template needs some help, so, no for guard homes, for me.]

Young Star

Grandmaster
It would pretty much look like what Luna did to housing vendors when first introduced to OSI. Anyone that didn't have a vendor house there had a very hard time getting customer traffic. A lot of shards the plots just stayed flat and where just filled with vendors, there were very few actual built houses.

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
I remember on the OSI shards they used to allow player housing in the guard zones and I don't think it damaged the vendor markets. I'm not sure why they discontinued to allow housing in the towns but here most of the towns are abandoned and unused anyways.

I think allowing them would liven up the towns and I don't see it as a bad thing to have player made vendor malls inside the town guard zones.