Incoming Perma Stat Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I have been apart of both instances, and will continue to join any effort made against EQMS.

You?

Not a lot, I have quit remember.

But even so, I doubt what can be thrown at this would ever work, not with the current mindset anyway.

Provoker

Journeyman
I like how people cry that stat loss wasn't apart of original UO. They clearly never pked in the old days. You always had stat loss and had to grind to get back out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like how people cry that stat loss wasn't apart of original UO. They clearly never pked in the old days. You always had stat loss and had to grind to get back out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True but back then it was only a 3 year old wizard game. not a 20 year old wizard game like it is now.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Care to elaborate on which rules they are breaking? Wasn't aware that death costing 35k or 48 hour stat was considered "risk free". What do blues lose when they die again, outside of 50 of each reg and a stack of 4k gold?

Seems more like people are crying to *change* the rules out of apathy.

"BooHoo we don't like your playstyle because it dominates and conflicts with ours, we should change the rules because everyone is a winner"

It wasn't just reds that complained about this. It was almost all PvPers. Faction pets were unbearably slow, blue pets were on horse steroids and meth. Get over it. Speed was *normalized*. You keep saying it was nerfed while conveniently failing to mention that it was buffed for a significant number of players (factioners).

What does weapon damage and armor have to do with the EQMS 10 man crew? They have 2-3 dexers in the entire guild. They run mostly mages. Did armor help you against ebolts? Did being punched with a spellbook in hand become unbearably painful?
I was talking about the other day when after being warned that he should stop shit talking in discord he got temp banned and came back with threats that "if he was forced to play by the rules he would grief the whole server"

Pks risk nothing cause you would have to stat 10 of the same person to get them out of pks.

Blues risk relics and pss.

Don't get me wrong, I think perma stat is the wrong approach, and I doubt it will happen. (Shane has threatened it a dozen times and had never followed through)

But I find it funny that gluttony tries to control Shane with threats and Shane does nothing (usually in the sense that it seems like he caves). Maybe that's the real problem with this server.

Either way I don't really care, the sky isn't falling and everyone acting like it is needs to get there heads out of their assess. Perma stat would not kill this shard, nor will it fix everything wrong with it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Darkarna

Grandmaster
But I find it funny that gluttony tries to control Shane with threats and Shane does nothing (usually in the sense that it seems like he caves). Maybe that's the real problem with this server.

Either way I don't really care, the sky isn't falling and everyone acting like it is needs to get there heads out of their assess. Perma stat would not kill this shard, nor will it fix everything wrong with it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Glad I am not the only person who notices this.

I will once again point out that the current mentality on this shard is that if an activity doesn't have a chance at a relic drop then it is utterly pointless. .

Writing stuff like this just takes away any credibility of what you are saying. You must be joking or do you not see the hundreds of players who go out to grind all sorts of mobs for hours a day, that never drop relics, ps or anything. You are just upset that you will actually have consequences to your actions as a red now, which is a good thing.

Some of us will still pk but UOF will probably become solely in the realm of pvm hack and slash and pokemon grindfest

Looks like the majority of players here enjoy the pvm aspects of the game a lot more than the pvp stuff. Shane said it himself, the top reason why players leave is being pkd. The past months have shown very well that the huge majority of players here have no interest in working together to form a second giant zerg squat to bring back pvp to this server. Let's face it, this endless killing of pvm chars by pvp chars isnt pvp anyways. It's more like "player vs victim", there is no balance, it's not fun to just be killed without standing a chance of fighting back and most of you "pvpers" would never start a fair fight. All you want is to kill some helpless guys and then bash them on the forums for being "trammy fags". In the end it doesn't matter what you as an individual want but rather what most players here want. Personally I think more people would be interested in pvp if guys like you didn't act so god damn awful at every possibility but that's just my opinion.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah i think it's silly for those who at least won't give it a try and see how it pans out for a month or two.
Not a big deal to TRY systems out, it's the only thing we haven't tried with the on going issues of player killing. Can't say we didn't warn people over the years that if pking got out of hand we would put in harsher penalties, shouldn't be a shock to anyone and it's kind of selfish to not try a system that could potentially retain, and bring back tons of players.

I LOVE pking and we will always have it, but to say it hasn't hurt UOF is a lie. Pking almost feels like the new trammy way of playing uo haha.

Bromista

Grandmaster
nNJOMBD.png
Fucking amazing self-depricating.

I didn't realize it was something you were capable of.

P.s. lol at all this crybaby shit from both sides. I used to advocate for perma stat but it really isn't going to solve anything. Statting isn't the issue here and I am quite frankly disappointed in staff for taking the stance of 'something needs to be done' for so long only to sit on their hands for fucking years attempting exactly nothing. And now a solution to a problem that more or less doesn't exist. Let's review the detractors of perma-stat:

• Encourages zerging.

Well, lookie there. That's no bueno. That's what we want to avoid right?

As has been mentioned, when you promote zerging you are basically ensuring that there are more bodies around to collect heads.

Now, is there still at least a little merit to perma stat? Sure. As has been mentioned, multiple accounts and 21 possible characters means that it's only going to put a dent in someone's ability to hop back in the game on a fully capable PK. But you make enough dents and suddenly johnny purplepants has to macro again to get back in the field. Consequence! Rejoice! That sounds great but you know that the costs are going to outweigh the benefits. That one time out of twenty you get to slam dunk a newb is going to feel really good, but is that going to offset the ridiculous measures taken (zerg) to prevent getting statted, and thus any chance of fun or a remotely fair fight, the other 95% of the time? Fuck no it isn't.

But that is already the situation here isn't it? So I guess if shitbirds are gonna be shitbirds may as well give them some real consequences. Better than nothing and it's not like people go out solo pk'ing or duo pk'ing anyway. So again, nothing changes there.

Fuck it, go for it who cares? At least this is getting closer to an actual change taking place...it may not be merely empty discussion this time. One can only hope. I'm really tired of seeing the powers that be say 'something needs to be done', aren't you guys?

I hope the above post is serious. @Shane got nothing but love but you gotta show us some actual change before more damage is done and people start trumpeting 'too little too late'

P.P.s. It's kind of weird participating in both sides of a discussion. It's almost like...it's almost like trying to understand two different points of view it's crazy. You guys should try it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kael

Master
Interesting. Wonder if this will just result in more griefing rather than pking. My guess is pk's will now roll in even larger packs and if no numbers will just grief players and loot kills or lure spawn. Least with a red coming I know what to expect.

Interesting. Wonder if this will just result in more griefing rather than pking. My guess is pk's will now roll in even larger packs and if no numbers will just grief players and loot kills or lure spawn. Least with a red coming I know what to expect.

I used to pk solo/ with one other.

Now it's gonna be 15, and the mercy that sometimes was there will be gone.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member

I mean can they really roll even deeper? Once your over 10-15 adding another 5 doesn't matter anymore.

The entire point of not having harsher penalties was so they didn't roll deep, but they do anyways-
*shrugs*

I think it will be a fun test! Woo

Status
Not open for further replies.