Infected Wounds Relic Question

Sapperman

Grandmaster
From my understanding, when the relic activates and poisons the target the poison should be uncurable. However, I am finding that the creature can easily cure the poison. Does anyone know if this becomes "less" curable as it levels or is this a bug?

And does anyone know what the charges remaining mean?

Sapperman

Grandmaster
So in case anyone is wondering I have done quite a bit of testing and it appears that the way the infected wounds relic works is like this. At first proc you gain charges, these charges are similar to poison charges on a weapon. Then each proc afterwards poisons the target with level 4? (I think) poison. Once you run out of charges, wash rinse repeat. Now the cool thing is that this works for two handed weapons. Which in my opinion is pretty cool. The poison can be cured and does wear off, but doesn't require to constantly have a poisoned blade. I have no clue if this applies to maces as well. If I used a poisoned kat on top of it the poison is basically non stop. So all in all, I think the change works. Currently I am at level 1, I will be interested to see how it progresses.

@eppy

Does this mean people who already have poisoning trained have no advantage over regular poisoning with this relic? (aside from the bow part)

If so, I think those people who have spent countless hours and kegs of poison should have some advantage. I personally was looking forward to the uncurable feature of this relic.

eppy

Grandmaster
It is still supposed to be incurable. If it is not then I will fix it. It does time out eventually like all poison. This skill gets several bonuses from having poisoning. You get a decent chance of upgrading one level of poison and many more charges per potion.

Sapperman

Grandmaster
I will keep testing, eppy does the poisoning need to be GM to receive the bonuses are is it scaled by skill?

Sapperman

Grandmaster
@eppy It appears to work as intended with a non-poisoned weapon. The issue with the curable poison is when the relic activates when you poison with a poisoned blade. IE. Poison kat- activate curable, with an axe non-curable. Hope that helps.

eppy

Grandmaster
@eppy It appears to work as intended with a non-poisoned weapon. The issue with the curable poison is when the relic activates when you poison with a poisoned blade. IE. Poison kat- activate curable, with an axe non-curable. Hope that helps.

Oh that makes sense.

eppy

Grandmaster
The issue is that using a poisoned weapon works as it always did. But when it activates the skill it doesn't override the existing poison so it doesn't become curable.

kanzo

Journeyman
Do you must apply the poison on your weopon (ex. axe) or just carrying poison potions like you write in the wiki?