Install UOF on Linux

Fotsvett

Neophyte
Heya Everyone!

I have a friend that want for the first time in her Life try UO, she said that she using Linux, me my self has never seen or used Linux so I cant say som much about that. She is not that good with computers and since I dont live near her or have used Linux so i can help her live Ill ask here.

Is it possible to install UOF on Linux with Razor?

If its some trix to do so please tell me a simple way how to do it.

Thank alot m8:s

E

EricH

You can get UOF to run with WINE & WineTricks. Most Linux Dist come pre loaded with them. If you need any help just let me know.

Fotsvett

Neophyte
You can get UOF to run with WINE & WineTricks. Most Linux Dist come pre loaded with them. If you need any help just let me know.
Heya!

I tried to teamview her yesterday and tried to help her out, it was awfully slow so i mostly told her what to do. Uo installed fine and can start the uo classic client and get to the login page, the problem is when we try to install uof razor. There was a error message during the installation and it canceled. (The razor patch from uof page) So she download the latest razor version from razors homepage, installed it and started it, went fine, setuping the login.uoforever.com and port **** in razor, then start or connect or what that button is called, cant remember atm. The razor logo shows, then nothing happens, it freezez there and after 30 mins with the razorlogo in front of everything the only choise was to to reboot computer to get rid of it:/
I think now that razor is the biggest problem, is there maybe another way to log in without razor that could work on linux, or does anyone else has this problem ?

Thx

Narin

I installed VirtualBox and windows XP on a virtual machine. Then installed UOF. I run the virtual machine on fluid mode and works great :p

E

EricH

I installed VirtualBox and windows XP on a virtual machine. Then installed UOF. I run the virtual machine on fluid mode and works great :p
This is a better way to go than i was thinking. Thanks Narin

fixxer1963

Is there any way to just get the client? I know how to make it run on Linux, but this installer wants to install things I don't need.

AlyM

Grandmaster
Nah, you gotta have an assistant. I used Steam when I was using ubuntu 12.04 and it worked fine. The top bar didn't display counters all pretty like Windows, but it worked.
Try using UOSteam on linux and see if it works.