Invisible houses, backpacks everywhere I can't pick up, and Magincia

kethinov

Novice
So I'm running the latest Stygian Abyss client and I see a lot of weirdness in-game.

Some player houses are invisible, but the items inside are not:

2016-02-01-invisible.png

I see backpacks everywhere that I can't pick up.

2016-01-31-backpacks.png

And Magincia is full of invisible walls that constantly rubberband me.

halygon

Grandmaster
You need to update your art to the UOF art.

We have a custom map (thats your invisible walls) and custom homes bigger than 18x18 (hence you couldn't see the house). I don;'t know what the backpack issue is though.

You can update your map/art files with the UOF Launcher: http://www.uoforever.com/dlc_welcome.php

Young Star

Grandmaster
that backpack is dropped by tame pets after going wild/released
THis. Tamed animals that have "inventory" drop it into a bag on the ground. It stays there until it decays or someone takes the contents out. Usually a piece of food or a small amount of gold.

kethinov

Novice
This is the issue, You will probably need to delete all UO related files and start with a fresh download from the launcher

Ah okay.

I just started fresh and followed the following steps:

1. I uninstalled UO
2. Reinstalled using the launcher
3. Did not run any of EA's updates/patches
4. Installed all of UOF's patches using the launcher's "update manager"

That did make some of the previously invisible houses visible now like the one in the first screenshot at the top of the thread. It also fixed Magincia.

But I do still see some invisible houses:

2016-02-07-invisible.png

kethinov

Novice
So I'm still not sure what exactly is going on, but I'm still seeing all sorts of weird housing anomalies.

Check out these new screenshots which show "basements" in houses. Also note that one of the houses is invisible as well. I'm still seeing invisible houses everywhere.

Anyone know what could be causing this stuff?

2016-02-13-invis1.png

2016-02-13-invis2.png

2016-02-13-invis3.png

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
So I'm still not sure what exactly is going on, but I'm still seeing all sorts of weird housing anomalies.

Check out these new screenshots which show "basements" in houses. Also note that one of the houses is invisible as well. I'm still seeing invisible houses everywhere.

Anyone know what could be causing this stuff?

2016-02-13-invis1.png

2016-02-13-invis2.png

2016-02-13-invis3.png

Is your UOFLauncher.exe - on your desktop ???

maddp

Journeyman
the house yes that's a problem I cant see that 30x30 either in fact I cant see any but the other stuff can be fixed in your paperdoll