Is Brit Bank Roof your sanctuary?

Wyntr

Master
This is a pointless rant that stands on feeble footings, continue at your own risk.

Does the spam hurt your head? Did you make the mistake of meeting someone on the roof for a trade? Are all the gates getting confusing? Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam

spam.jpg

It is a harsh competitive world of mall gates....

I guess the whole point of this is, remember when everyone gated down on the streets? Sending mighty gates to malls afar. Supplying travelers with much needed goods. A simple message would lure the most fearless knight into their gate, to rummage through vendor after vendor like a shopping spree game show.

I reflect now on my own choices. I suppose I am guilty of this exact transgression. Spamming the skies with messages of goods yet unseen. I have tried to clear the air though. The mighty mall gater Pepper Potts has slowed to a much slower gate and less spam. Sometimes there is grief but for the most part it is a quiet spot that allows the truly brave some attention. I do enjoy others gathering around even if some hope to pick my pockets.

Am I bragging? No, just reflecting. Don't get me wrong though, having the safe trading area at West Brit Bank makes sense and I do enjoy the yearly celebrations that take place there.

I suppose I am just wondering... Here in 2017 playing UO, I have to ask myself, are we letting the Trammel creep in? Is the new way to vast riches to just push one button and make all your UO dreams come true?

Maybe I am over thinking this..Maybe its always been about the one button...

I am just thinking, by our own choices on how we choose to play here on UOF, we cause a reflection into the very shard itself. One that ripples through out and before you know it a small fundamental part of the game has changed. Sometimes for the good and other times, for the bad.

In closing, please don't kill my gater, we are trying to change the world. Lol, Oh and less SpAm!

**This message was conjured by a Trammie. Take it with a grain of salt.

Bongzilla

Master
and thus the mighty gates for werkt vendor mall are down on the streets. bring it on, i fear no noobie theif nor any afk pker with a healing vendor macro and a simple message that is short and to the point. I wish i could make spammich's at wbb in uo with mayo and mustard. But alas the roof is a safe zone with no hinderence to spammmmmm. nomomnomnom

Firecrest

Grandmaster
I maybe Still on the Roof of brit bank but I try to keep it to one or two lines of text on the screen, No Symbols and off to the side :) But I have seen you dead there :(

Is it letting Trammel creep in? Nah.

But the some of the worst offenders are large spammers with a ton of texts, gating to a single vendor with crap on them.

Not gating and the sales go down, and being on the roof allows me to know when I return home from work my char will be alive :)

Bongzilla

Master
I maybe Still on the Roof of brit bank but I try to keep it to one or two lines of text on the screen, No Symbols and off to the side :) But I have seen you dead there :(

Is it letting Trammel creep in? Nah.

But the some of the worst offenders are large spammers with a ton of texts, gating to a single vendor with crap on them.

Not gating and the sales go down, and being on the roof allows me to know when I return home from work my char will be alive :)
last night was teh first time in months that my char has been dead from gating only because he ran out of bandies in the bank box :( happens i suppose when the ***** trolls try to bank pk lawlz :D

Darkarna

Grandmaster
The biggest problem with Ultima Online currently on UOForever is the ability to script steal which is why, there are some safe zone requirements. It also allows the place to look busier in areas where new players frequent so it does help with that also.

Personally, I would love to see them removed but, with current affairs on the server it is just a pipe dream. Shame really.

Firecrest

Grandmaster
last night was teh first time in months that my char has been dead from gating only because he ran out of bandies in the bank box :( happens i suppose when the ***** trolls try to bank pk lawlz :D

Yeah, But I have seen Werkt gaters on top of Wbb. Not gating on top of WBB is just profit for thieves and fun for Trolls. There are others who just stand there... standing there. but this is a populated shard even if the bank people were not there so there isn't any misrepresentation.

Feeding trolls and thieves is only good for trolls and thieves there is no need.

Or just dump player stealing and WBB safe zone. at least with PKs they have guards, other players, and better things to do :)

Bongzilla

Master
Yeah, But I have seen Werkt gaters on top of Wbb. Not gating on top of WBB is just profit for thieves and fun for Trolls. There are others who just stand there... standing there. but this is a populated shard even if the bank people were not there so there isn't any misrepresentation.

Feeding trolls and thieves is only good for trolls and thieves there is no need.

Or just dump player stealing and WBB safe zone. at least with PKs they have guards, other players, and better things to do :)
Yes occasionally i am on top of wbb here and there very seldom though. I do a huge majority of our gating and i'm usually in the street sitting a like a g. aside from that,
I dissagree big time. The number one reason I dont play a thief much anymore is all the shit in the game is newbified. Yes i may script a open pack macro, i man even use a key to swipe the item of desire. That is fine, broken mechanics like being able to hop a gate whilst flagged on a theif after a steal and get away after a recent steal are two very good examples. But mostly and most importantly the uo thief has been raped in a way that was comparable to indiana jones and the lost ark remake. Theiving is a raped skill and is bugged as fuck with broken mechanics. Staff can say if they'd like it was made this way on purpose and I will disagree. It was not this way pre uor and should not be this way. Attributing the theifs yes trolls now all be it that shouldnt be but it is. ITS A SANDBOX MMO if you dont like risk go play wow or something "safe". Yes I'm putting my char and my regs and such out there to get taken but it SHOULD BE THAT WAY. God when did uo become so full of pussies, bellie aching babies and cowards afraid to have a little risk in a game that was made to have it.

With my point being made and my case stated, Welcome to trammel 2.0, A candy ass diluted felucca...

Firecrest

Grandmaster
One safe area in the game doesn't make it trammel. Calm down, it is ok the world isn't going to end.... one safe bank doesn't make the game trammel..... breath... and repeat.

Because you may not recall Trammel was when they copied all existing lands and made the thief and PK free. Then tried to bribe people to play Felucca.

and please be more specific when they pussified UO, do you mean you have everything set up to anyone and lock your house every night? or is everything you own secure?

I mean depending on who you ask. I just want to be in the same era as you.

Wyntr

Master
Its fine, looking and seeing mall gaters where I saw them the day before. Even some of the walls of text are fine, how often you broadcast it makes a difference. It's just yesterday, watching the back of the bank was akin to insanity. Messages flying at a rate of milliseconds inbetween. It was comical and comforting at the same time. Its great that we are all so involved and dedicated, even when we are afk. I just think we are losing style points...

I tend to gate by the front door of the bank. Just use restocking scripts to get the regs i need and just hope to not get killed during the time. So far ive only been killed twice this week. Who cares if there is ONE safe area in the world. there are plenty of opportunities to steal/kill in this game. That area being safe just seems like a place for people to show off their donation gear and work their account timers up for the rewards

Wyntr

Master
I have been triggered by the safe space!

Bring me crayons, a coloring book, some pillows and hot chocolate! I must retreat to my safe space atop Brit Bank....I... think.

The irony level just reached critical mass.

@Steele'Dish I agree with you mostly. Moooooostly....yes it is where players chill but we gotta chill somewhere. Ask any UO player from now back to 97 and they will tell you Brit Bank is the place to be.

@Wyntr I am right there with you! Brit and Moonglow were the hotspots. I cant begin to tell you how many boats my buddy stole from people back in pre-trammy days. Remember when boats had keys to lock and unlock :-D