Is Poisoning worth the hassle?

Nanashi

Grandmaster
1v1 in the pits with gm poison/alchemy is deadly. I would say, duel a few dexxers with gm poison. It's not only annoying to be chugging so many cures but damn near impossible to deafeat once you run out. I had one time in the mephitis champ, one guy named lik.dis.lumber came in with a aggy runic kryss and solod every person on the map. Tossing pots like a boss and poisoning the mages to the point where running was the only option to survive without getting distrupted every second. Plus the damn champ was at poison elementals/terathan mages was even harder to dodge at the same time. I would definitely say it is worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amorpho

Expert
1v1 in the pits with gm poison/alchemy is deadly. I would say, duel a few dexxers with gm poison. It's not only annoying to be chugging so many cures but damn near impossible to deafeat once you run out. I had one time in the mephitis champ, one guy named lik.dis.lumber came in with a aggy runic kryss and solod every person on the map. Tossing pots like a boss and poisoning the mages to the point where running was the only option to survive without getting distrupted every second. Plus the damn champ was at poison elementals/terathan mages was even harder to dodge at the same time. I would definitely say it is worth it.
What if I had parry instead of alchemy?
What if I had invisibility for raids?
I'm not much for pits.

dennozz

Grandmaster
now its worth it because if u have gm poisoninig with a mage u never fail the poison and almost all the time if u are medium range of target u get greater poison

kyleakira

Master
What about GM poison dexxer? Is it really worth?

I just got poisoned 3 times with deadly and I could get cured by only 1 G cure pot. The poison was deadly but the guy who was hitting me had 75 poison. (but the weapon inflicted deadly poison to me because of the "extremely pain")

khajja

Master
kyle, poisoning skill increases success rate when applying the poison to the blade, and increase the likelihood of that blade inflicting poison each swing. so anyone can buy a poisoned weapon and use it, the affliction rate is just lower.

kyleakira

Master
Yes but if every poison affliction can be cured with a g cure poison, why waste time and resources on deadly when I can use greater if both can be cured easily?

khajja

Master
gcure can 100% cure greater poison, only 80% cure deadly poison. by that alone, deadly is more likely to tick, and it will tick for more damage. as deimos said, a 2h dexxer has to give up damage to dequip and cure. He's going to make that sacrifice with greater urgency if he's DP'd.

nobody wants to gcure every poison tick. consider that one green pot will poison 15 or 16 times (i forget). if a poisoner has 2 extra poisons thats nearly 50 applications. who carries 50 gcures? nobody. in a battle of attrition, poison will outlast cure pots. so that means any fight vs a poisoner must be ended quickly.